WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trilt

puppy snuggler extraordinaire
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

sw9UZsp.png

What a beautiful day! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and there's nary a cloud in the bright blue sky. It's a splendid temperature; crisp and refreshing, a light breeze rustling the nearby foliage...

And every single one of you is stuck indoors. Oh there's moaning. The dogs are sprawled in the runs, the birds flapping wings against the cages, and at least one loud, incessant MOW from the feliway-doused cat ward tells everyone in the building that she does not feel appeased.

I mean, in the buildings' defense, they did recently install some very natural appearing LED lights in the treatment area. And if you sneak out of your cage and shimmy on by to the clinic bearded dragons' enclosure, you just miiiiight be able to steal a couple rays off of his UV lamp, and that's basically like sitting outside.

But in any case, you're stuck together now, through (foreshadowing!) the upcoming thick and thin. Some of you have ailments much worse than others, and frankly I'm shocked a couple of you are still alive. Thank goodness you have such nice owners who agreed to hospitalization.

Where'd that vet go, anyway?

It is now Day 1, and there are 24 patients in the hospital.
First order of business is electing a veterinarian; please get your vote in by 8PM EST this evening (03/01).

- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​
RULES:
  1. If your role description or chat title does not say otherwise, you are a villager.
  2. You may PM in your small groups, but otherwise only through mod-provided opportunities.
  3. No screenshots.
  4. You may edit anything other than lynch votes.
  5. If there is a really overwhelming majority and almost everyone seems to have voted/defended, lynch may close early... but generally night/lynch deadlines will be 6AM/8PM EST, with a day and a half for all day cycles. No plurality rules. We can move these slightly forward or back if there is demand, and I promise to try my best to keep people up to speed if I will be early/late.
  6. Noob noobs, please read through the intro post here and check out the resources. Mentors, please post inside smilie faces per Child's Play rules.
  7. Post at least five good posts a day. People who aren't putting in effort or being involved to at least that minimum will be mod killed.
  8. If you die, you MUST STOP ANY STRATEGIC POSTING. No PMs, no posts on the thread with info, etc. A "go villagers!" is okay, but if you think that it may be something that impacts the game in any way going forward... don't say it.
  9. Have fun, and be patient with me please. This game is most likely gonna be a smidge rough around the edges but hopefully it holds back the withdrawal a little. :)
- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

1. @hazelmoo
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @Karabiner13
4. @serher

Crunchy Stuff

5. @Coopah
6. @PrincessButterCup
7. @Gwenevre
8. @Animal Midwife

Controlled Death

9. @LetItSnow
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

13. @SummerTheLynx
14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
16. @Mad Jack

UGH.

17. @LyraGardenia
18. @SportPonies
19. @Caiter92
20. @nyanko

Slice 'n' Dice
21. @NSFW
22. @Great Butts
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
None (yet!)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Current Vet-Elect Tally:
cdo (10) - Pippy, Coopah, cdo, WZ, hmoo, kam, SP, serher, Lyra, 3m
Ny (6) - STL, BBC, Karabou, LIS, Jil, Ny
LIS (1) - DVMD
WZ (1) - MJ

18/24 - please check your votes as I generally suck at tallying.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if the veterinarian needs to do vet stuff? I'm thinking I might

unelect cdo elect nyanko

Sorry cdo, but I :love: my manator!

Do we know if the veterinarian needs to do vet stuff? I'm thinking I might

unelect cdo elect nyanko

Sorry cdo, but I :love: my manator!
I am imagining yes. It may have a mild impact, and honestly it shouldn't matter much because stuff can be asked on the thread. I know there were a couple of mistakes made in immuno with regards to choices on diagnostics, but they were minor impacts and had very little effect on the game

Reactions: 1 users
I think I'm just here to make snide, back of the room type comments

Reactions: 7 users
I am imagining yes. It may have a mild impact, and honestly it shouldn't matter much because stuff can be asked on the thread. I know there were a couple of mistakes made in immuno with regards to choices on diagnostics, but they were minor impacts and had very little effect on the game

Thanks Pippy and STL. I'm going to stick with Ny for now though. Cdo is still wicked noob because she hasn't played through an entire game yet. I love her enthusiasm but with a potential impact, even if it's small, I'd rather a more experienced player. Still love you Cdo!

Members don't see this ad :)
*raises hand* question!

1. You may PM in your small groups, but otherwise only through mod-provided opportunities.
  2. If you die, you MUST STOP ANY STRATEGIC POSTING. No PMs
does this mean there's no kitty/doggie heaven where we go to chat with our dead comrades/spectators when we die? because I will be sad if that's the case :arghh:

(Edited for formatting only)

*raises hand* question!

does this mean there's no kitty/doggie heaven where we go to chat with our dead comrades/spectators when we die? because I will be sad if that's the case :arghh:

(Edited for formatting only)
It's trilt, there will most likely be some after death thread.

How is there already a tally? Were you guys voting in the sign up thread? You crazies.

ehhhh I was thinking about electing Ny yesterday for the same reasons before she was even suggested, and I do feel a little more comfortable having a WW veteran as mayor. So I am going to

unelect cdo
elect Ny

Thanks Pippy and STL. I'm going to stick with Ny for now though. Cdo is still wicked noob because she hasn't played through an entire game yet. I love her enthusiasm but with a potential impact, even if it's small, I'd rather a more experienced player. Still love you Cdo!
Hey now! I lived through StarWWars3!!!

I'm going to have to sub out, @vetmedhead, want my spot? Only condition is you have to turn on WZ no later than day 8 or so. Get her good. :hungover:

Reactions: 3 users
elect Ny

I hope I'm doin' this right

I'm going to have to sub out, @vetmedhead, want my spot? Only condition is you have to turn on WZ no later than day 8 or so. Get her good. :hungover:
But I haven't played a game with you in forever. Who is going to accuse me of being a wolf if you leave :'(

***elect ny***

I can't elect either of my children. It'll go to their heads.

Reactions: 2 users
You just want someone to vote for D1, I know your tricks. Find someone else to serial kill! :p
But like we are in the same group for once. So I can actually start to pick your brain even more! And then betray you in like, D7.

Unfortunately given my crazy schedule the next couple weeks and the lynch deadline times converted to my real timezone times (TM) I'm not sure I could meet the 5 post a day requirement.
Kam you better stay in this game, so help me.
Upsetting STL, however, is strong incentive to join. :thinking:

Still going to elect cdo

Unfortunately given my crazy schedule the next couple weeks and the lynch deadline times converted to my real timezone times (TM) I'm not sure I could meet the 5 post a day requirement.

Upsetting STL, however, is strong incentive to join. :thinking:
Let me know. Remember the day cycles are a day and a half real time, so you don't necessarily need to be around at lynch close (I would never close so early if it were a single day/night cycle).

Let me know. Remember the day cycles are a day and a half real time, so you don't necessarily need to be around at lynch close (I would never close so early if it were a single day/night cycle).
I'm actually currently writing up my schedule for the month so I'll take a look at it and see if I'll have more time than I was originally anticipating.