How to Get AWWay with Murder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry! He kept talking and I wanted to talk back :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Don't worry, it wasn't just you. Giant text is friendly text. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
add.png
Got to 100% this game.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought part of what made her sketch in LK was her lack of posting. Seems she's posting more from what I've seen. She is seeming a bit more sketch today though.
Care to explain how? Most of the votes on me seem to be with very vague reasoning, which is difficult to defend myself against.

I'm the campus cop (super minor character only slightly important in season 1 as I recall, it seems the mods had to dig deep for roles), I'm a vanillager. Night 1 I was "involved in an interrogation", not sure if that means I was tracked or what, but I haven't done squat.

Members don't see this ad :)
At first I thought LIS's waffling was normal for him, but it does seem like he has some kind of posting restriction, maybe from an item?

Unofficial Lynch Tally

Lyra (5)
- Trippy, AM, karabou, sandy, bjeh
cheat (3) - ny, dvmd, snowy
ny (1) - SOV
Bleh ()
Wally (2) - MJ, coop
Dvmd ()
Genny (1) - Wally
MJ () -
Mr. Cooooop (1) - LIS

LIS Waffleometer: 8

13/23 voting
CHECK YO VOTES
lynch close in ~4.5 hours at 8 pm EDT

Bjeh making a point to read Lyra's Lion King posts and then posting a quick, dismissive comment about them is strange. Why put the effort in if you're not going to extrapolate any analysis? And why post about it?

I assure you all's I'm not a wolf. I'm Eve Rothlo, but I ain't giving away my ability.

lynch genny

I know Wally is brand-spanking new, but role revealing with 1 current vote (and LIS' quick vote & unvote right before this) is an overreaction. There was no need for it.

Is this a thing/has this ever been a thing? I'd like to believe this, because otherwise I am just very confused.

One of my most favorite roles ever let me design different posting restrictions for players every day. I could see this being a one-off restriction someone designed, or maybe an item. Or maybe LIS just thought it would be fun.

***lynch wally***
Seems to be playing up the noob aspect as a defense.

Since cheat clarified what they meant I don't have any feels for them right now. Cause I had similiar thoughts on STL wanting nohika to be lynched, so I follow their logic.

I'm not really feeling the Lyra lynch either if she was looked in to at night. Obviously could be lying, but if they were tracked/seered (that's what interrogation sounds like to me?), no ones said anything yet so at the very least they didn't do any killing the night they were looked at?

Care to explain how? Most of the votes on me seem to be with very vague reasoning, which is difficult to defend myself against.

I'm the campus cop (super minor character only slightly important in season 1 as I recall, it seems the mods had to dig deep for roles), I'm a vanillager. Night 1 I was "involved in an interrogation", not sure if that means I was tracked or what, but I haven't done squat.

The camps cop didn't have an unimportant role though. He was an important obstacle - he sees the students carrying Sam Keating's body out of the house (wrapped in a rug) and stops to question them. The students talk their way out of trouble, but it came really close.

Reactions: 1 user
Bjeh making a point to read Lyra's Lion King posts and then posting a quick, dismissive comment about them is strange. Why put the effort in if you're not going to extrapolate any analysis? And why post about it?

I guess I didn't want to post "when Lyra was a wolf she did X, Y and Z" because then she would know to avoid X, Y and Z.

Unofficial Bored Tator Tot Lynch Tally

Lyra (6)
- Trippy, AM, karabou, sandy, bjeh, QoS/PBC
cheat (3) - ny, dvmd, snowy
ny (1) - SOV
Bleh ()
Wally (3) - MJ, coop, caiteroo
Dvmd ()
Genny (1) - Wally
MJ () -
Mr. Cooooop (1) - LIS

LIS Waffleometer: 8

15/23 voting
CHECK YO VOTES
lynch close in ~4 hours at 8 pm EDT

The camps cop didn't have an unimportant role though. He was an important obstacle - he sees the students carrying Sam Keating's body out of the house (wrapped in a rug) and stops to question them. The students talk their way out of trouble, but it came really close.
I'm not sure what your point is here, that you would expect that character to have an ability? That's literally the only scene I can recall him being in.

This is giving me deja vu to the vet clinic game when everyone decided I was an egg to crack within the first couple of days. But at least that time I had a sketchy-looking role and admittedly said some dumb noob-y things, this time I don't get it. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks @SkiOtter for tallying :love:

Day 2 *SUPER OFFICIAL* Lynch Tally
Lyra (6)
- Trippy, AM, karabou, Sandy, bjeh, PBC
wally (3) - cheat, MJ, Coopah, caiter
cheat (3) - nyan, DVMD, Snowy
nyanko (1) - SOV
MrCoop (1) - LIS
genny (1) - wally
Snowy (1) - genny

16/23
@LyraGardenia - you currently lead.

Lynch closes in ~4 hours (8pm EDT)

@cheathac - please post in bold, stars, or number signs for future lynch votes or your vote may get missed. Please & thank you

Thanks @SkiOtter for tallying :love:

Day 2 *SUPER OFFICIAL* Lynch Tally
Lyra (6)
wally (3) - cheat, MJ, Coopah, caiter
cheat (3)
- nyan, DVMD, Snowy
nyanko (1) - SOV
MrCoop (1) - LIS
genny (1) - wally
Snowy (1) - genny

16/23

Lynch closes in ~4 hours (8pm EDT)

@cheathac - please post in stars, number signs or bold for future lynch votes or your vote may get missed. Please & thank you
Math is hard

I don't know that all this tossing out of role names that's been going on today is going to get us anywhere if the wolves have cover roles. I'm thinking it just helps wolves or chaos if they have a particular character they need to find.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not sure what your point is here, that you would expect that character to have an ability? That's literally the only scene I can recall him being in.

This is giving me deja vu to the vet clinic game when everyone decided I was an egg to crack within the first couple of days. But at least that time I had a sketchy-looking role and admittedly said some dumb noob-y things, this time I don't get it. :rolleyes:
You said he was a 'super minor character' which seemed disingenuous.

I don't know that all this tossing out of role names that's been going on today is going to get us anywhere if the wolves have cover roles. I'm thinking it just helps wolves or chaos if they have a particular character they need to find.

Yeah, I feel like I'm going to have to start my spiel again about role names not mattering.

Yeah, I feel like I'm going to have to start my spiel again about role names not mattering.
I learned this lesson so hard in the Telenovela game when my whole role was finding names, so I thought obviously they mattered a lot. Aaaaaand they did not.

Definitely seen LIS make posts like this when busy, doesn't seem off to me.

Wait, what? You've seen me waffle 8... 9... 10... whatever times in one day?

unlynch Mr. Coopah
lynch Jilary

At first I thought LIS's waffling was normal for him, but it does seem like he has some kind of posting restriction, maybe from an item?

OMG, you two are for real?

unlynch Jilary
lynch Lyra
(again)

Or maybe LIS just thought it would be fun.

:eyebrow: :uhno:

Lynch Snowy

Her posts have been giving me feels.

Actually, I agree with that.

unlynch Lyra (again)
lynch Snowy

Oh. And no, I haven't been particularly busy today. Just don't have much to add to the game. Haven't done my typical early-game assessment, sorry. *shrug*

unlynch Snowy
lynch Snowy

(Ha! Take that!)

Reactions: 2 users
I learned this lesson so hard in the Telenovela game when my whole role was finding names, so I thought obviously they mattered a lot. Aaaaaand they did not.

Well, that role is somewhat useful in figuring out if someone's lying about their name. In which case, probably a wolf. But role names by themselves... eh.

I kid, I kid.

I'm actually ok with the Snowy vote for realz.

unlynch AM
lynch Snowy

I am tempted to actually put in votes for everyone, though. But I gotta head off to work, so probably won't be back tonight.

I said at first (as in after the first few waffles)! You do tend to waffle, but not this much. :p

That's kinda interesting. I really don't think of myself as a HUGE waffler. I tend to pick the people I think are sketch, try and drive votes their way, and then if I'm not getting traction, switch to the sketchiest of the people who ARE getting traction.

At least, that's how I see myself. Maybe my self-view is really inaccurate. But for today I'm gonna stick with Snowy.

unlynch Snowy
lynch Snowy

That's kinda interesting. I really don't think of myself as a HUGE waffler. I tend to pick the people I think are sketch, try and drive votes their way, and then if I'm not getting traction, switch to the sketchiest of the people who ARE getting traction.

At least, that's how I see myself. Maybe my self-view is really inaccurate. But for today I'm gonna stick with Snowy.

unlynch Snowy
lynch Snowy
Ok I think I've got it, he has to waffle every time he posts, also why have I not been included in this waffle fest?

Ok I think I've got it, he has to waffle every time he posts, also why have I not been included in this waffle fest?

Pretty much randomness. I've just been voting for whoever I saw posting recently, whoever I was responding to, or whoever I happen to remember was playing. You want in?

unlynchy Snowy
lynch Coopah

Feel better?

(I also didn't include you because if I remember, some people actually are/were gunning for you, and I'm not in that group, so I didn't want to drive votes your way even as a joke.)

I am tempted to actually put in votes for everyone, though. But I gotta head off to work, so probably won't be back tonight.

Aw. I wanted to see the whole roster on the tally.

And now it's work time. Given how busy we've been, prob not back on.

unlynch Coopah (who was just jealous about not getting included)
lynch Snowy

I thought part of what made her sketch in LK was her lack of posting. Seems she's posting more from what I've seen. She is seeming a bit more sketch today though.

Definitely seen LIS make posts like this when busy, doesn't seem off to me.
This post seems off to me, I know Jilary's slightly defending me here but I'll readily admit I haven't been posting that much, definitely not more than in Lion King. And calling LIS's behavior normal is a definite eyebrow-raiser.

Lynch Jilary to put another name out there, I feel like she and several others are flying under the radar.

Aw. I wanted to see the whole roster on the tally.

Ok, just for you. But now I *REALLY* gotta scram.

unlynch Snowy

and ...

lynch Mr. Coopah
unlynch Mr. Coopah
lynch Caiter92
unlynch Caiter92
lynch LetItSnow
(oh ****....)
unlynch LIS
lynch DVMD
unlynch DVMD
lynch Wally
unlynch Wally
lynch genny
unlynch genny
lynch AM
unlynch AM
lynch FillyBay
unlynch Fillybay
lynch Coopah
unlynch Coopah
lynch MJ
unlynch MJ
lynch bjeh
unlynch bjeh
lynch Kara
unlynch Kara
lynch Cheat
unlynch Cheat
lynch Snowshoe
unlynch Snowshoe
lynch PBC
unlynch PBC
lynch SAR / LoTF
unlynch SAR / LoTF
lynch Trilt / Pony
unlynch Trilt / Pony
lynch SOV
unlynch SOV
lynch Sandstorm
unlynch Sandstorm
lynch Nyanko
unlynch Nyanko
lynch Weim
unlynch Weim
lynch Jilary
unlynch Jilary
lynch Lyra
unlynch Lyra

Just to include everyone:

lynch STL
unlynch STL
lynch Nohika
unlynch Nohika
lynch Lupin
unlynch Lupin

and finally ....

lynch Snowy

Mods, I expect you to tally all those. :)

(One good thing came of that. I didn't realize SAR/LoTF and Trilt/Pony were playing as combos.)

Reactions: 12 users

unlynch Snowy

and ...

lynch Mr. Coopah
unlynch Mr. Coopah
lynch Caiter92
unlynch Caiter92
lynch LetItSnow
(oh ****....)
unlynch LIS
lynch DVMD
unlynch DVMD
lynch Wally
unlynch Wally
lynch genny
unlynch genny
lynch AM
unlynch AM
lynch FillyBay
unlynch Fillybay
lynch Coopah
unlynch Coopah
lynch MJ
unlynch MJ
lynch bjeh
unlynch bjeh
lynch Kara
unlynch Kara
lynch Cheat
unlynch Cheat
lynch Snowshoe
unlynch Snowshoe
lynch PBC
unlynch PBC
lynch SAR / LoTF
unlynch SAR / LoTF
lynch Trilt / Pony
unlynch Trilt / Pony
lynch SOV
unlynch SOV
lynch Sandstorm
unlynch Sandstorm
lynch Nyanko
unlynch Nyanko
lynch Weim
unlynch Weim
lynch Jilary
unlynch Jilary
lynch Lyra
unlynch Lyra

lynch STL
unlynch STL
lynch Nohika
unlynch Nohika
lynch Lupin
unlynch Lupin

and finally ....

lynch Snowy

(One good thing came of that. I didn't realize SAR/LoTF and Trilt/Pony were playing as combos.)
Haha I assume LIS just broke some kind of lynching record.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey @Filly Bay are you around anywhere? Don't think you've made any posts at all so far. LIS's waffle party just reminded me you're playing.

Lis is actually a different person... I think you meant @LetItSnow

How come whenever the nickname of a player is tagged, it's always someone who's been gone for 10+ years?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
*SUPER UNOFFICIAL* Spectatortot Lynch Tally
Lyra (6)
wally (4) - cheat, MJ, Coopah, caiter
cheat (3) - nyan, DVMD, Snowy
nyanko (1) - SOV
MrCoop () -
genny (1) - wally
Snowy (1) - genny, LIS
Jil (1) - lyra
Everyone else (0) -

LIS Waffleometer: 44 (you're welcome @LetItSnow)
17/23 voting

Lynch closes in ~3.75 hours (8pm EDT)

@cheathac - please post in bold, stars, or number signs for future lynch votes or your vote may get missed. Please & thank you

Hey @Filly Bay are you around anywhere? Don't think you've made any posts at all so far. LIS's waffle party just reminded me you're playing.
She has made a few posts, but nothing very meaningful (pro-tip, you can isolate an individual player's posts by going to the search box, typing their name in "posted by member" and clicking "search this thread only"). She tends to be quiet early on, but I agree I'd like to hear more from her.

She has made a few posts, but nothing very meaningful (pro-tip, you can isolate an individual player's posts by going to the search box, typing their name in "posted by member" and clicking "search this thread only"). She tends to be quiet early on, but I agree I'd like to hear more from her.
Thanks that is useful :)

Aw heck. Thanks Lyra I was searching her in the "just search words here" spot. So kinda nevermind but also the last game I played with her when she was quiet D1 she was a wolf (that we successfully murdered) so.

I do think there are more sus people than her at this point tho.

Farmdoggo has agreed that right now we're not really feeling the Lyra lynch. I could go either way on that one but I have some people higher up on my sketch list. Been side eyeing Bjeh on and off today because they keep making posts I note as sketchy but then turns around and posts some commentary that reads more villager-y. That said, I actually have the most sketch points out for Snowy. Commentary from the nohika lynch was questionable in retrospect and posts today have been suuuper hedgey so it would be easy to turn around on any of them. Just doesn't sound like normal Snowy to me.

Lynch Snowy

unlynch Snowy

and ...

lynch Mr. Coopah
unlynch Mr. Coopah
lynch Caiter92
unlynch Caiter92
lynch LetItSnow
(oh ****....)
unlynch LIS
lynch DVMD
unlynch DVMD
lynch Wally
unlynch Wally
lynch genny
unlynch genny
lynch AM
unlynch AM
lynch FillyBay
unlynch Fillybay
lynch Coopah
unlynch Coopah
lynch MJ
unlynch MJ
lynch bjeh
unlynch bjeh
lynch Kara
unlynch Kara
lynch Cheat
unlynch Cheat
lynch Snowshoe
unlynch Snowshoe
lynch PBC
unlynch PBC
lynch SAR / LoTF
unlynch SAR / LoTF
lynch Trilt / Pony
unlynch Trilt / Pony
lynch SOV
unlynch SOV
lynch Sandstorm
unlynch Sandstorm
lynch Nyanko
unlynch Nyanko
lynch Weim
unlynch Weim
lynch Jilary
unlynch Jilary
lynch Lyra
unlynch Lyra

lynch STL
unlynch STL
lynch Nohika
unlynch Nohika
lynch Lupin
unlynch Lupin

and finally ....

lynch Snowy

No attempt to lynch the mods? Now I feel left out.

Reactions: 9 users