How to Get AWWay with Murder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Again, I think it's kinda pointless to speculate on the collective *experience* level of the wolf pack based on targets. It could be a noob pack who is scared, sure. But it could just as easily be a veteran wolf pack that is picking other veterans as targets specifically so it will look noobish.

Basically it's a waste of breath at this point, imo. If you're going to do kill analysis, I think it's more effective to do it on an individualized basis (i.e. I think nyanko miiiight go for those targets because I've wolfed with her in the past and have some idea of who she might like to get off the board)

sent from ma fone
I guess I was just thinking now that we know another 2 wolf targets we have more info to look at and discuss. I get what you're saying though and it makes sense.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I quickly read through Lyra's posts in the LK game, but I don't think there's enough posts from her in this game to make a solid comparison. So I would definitely like to hear from her today before voting.

Unofficial Lynch Tally

Lyra (2)
- Trippy, AM
cheat (2) - ny, LIS
ny (1) - SOV

5/23
lynch close in < 11 hrs

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooo. Nice.

***unlynch lyra***

***lynch cheat***
That was an awfully fast swap. Got any of your own thoughts about Cheat?

Now I'd kind of like to see how Lyra flips, in case you were voting for a fellow wolf D1 and then taking your first opportunity to move off of her the next day.

sent from ma fone

Why would you be already willing to jump on the lynch if you want to hear more from her?
I think that you might be taking "willing to jump" a bit too literally. Admittedly, I could have phrased that better. I am open to voting for Lyra at this point but I do want to hear a little more from her first and have some time to ruminate over it.

I don't currently have much in the way of feels for other players except for a couple of the really new ones and I think what I am reading into in their posts (ie. cheathac's) is just due to confusion or inexperience. Lyra has played a fair few times before.

She first said that she wants to see more discussion before placing her vote then, not too much later, posts again lamenting the lack of discussion that is taking place due to everyone being focused on the STL/Nohika ordeal. But despite posting multiple times yesterday, she really didn't contribute much of anything substantial or helpful to yesterday's discussion herself outside of claiming to be confused about STL's proposed abilities and wanting clarification. It just reads a bit on the forced side to me and almost... fluffy?

Well, this game has gotten interesting quickly. I'm a little confused by all of STL's claimed abilities, it's definitely early for people to be making up elaborate lies, but considering it's STL I wouldn't put it past him to actually be chaos or something. I'd also like to hear more discussion before placing my vote.

I'm also a little annoyed that this means we won't have much discussion about anyone else today, or be able to analyze votes. I'm hoping the delayed death is just a today thing so everyone gets to play a bit or it's going to get old fast. I don't remember anyone on the show having a death like that other than Sam kinda (but that was over the course of a few minutes, not a whole day). I am inclined to believe STL is Meggy though, since the writeup mentioned the person attacked being in a hospital (Meggy's a medical student).

Lynch nohika I guess, but if this doesn't work I'll be pretty peeved with STL.

Well, this game has gotten interesting quickly. I'm a little confused by all of STL's claimed abilities, it's definitely early for people to be making up elaborate lies, but considering it's STL I wouldn't put it past him to actually be chaos or something. I'd also like to hear more discussion before placing my vote.

Not sure where the sketchy feels for me are coming from. I don't really have feels for anyone yet, but it's hard to form any when we're pretty much stuck on the STL/nohika issue until that's resolved. I'd also like STL to come back and clarify his abilities. So he'll be automatically killed tonight but then can revive himself as vanilla?

Wally just seems noob-y to me. Coop's rant was a little over the top, but I understand her point as I've never heard this "rule" about not killing the last mod early, and it is frustrating as a newer player to always be killed or at least called sketchy right off the bat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going for the easy sketchy noob vote, nyanko? Not a fan of that from you, particularly in conjunction with who's dead right now.

sent from ma fone

FFS.... I'm so sick of this BS "can't vote the sketchy noob". Yes, yes we can. I don't give a carp if the sketch post is from a noob, boob, veteran, or freaking Morgan Freeman.... I'm going to lynch their ass until they either explain the post or we find out they aren't a wolf. So quit it with the noob distinction here....this should really read "you're really going to lynch that person with the sketchy post?" Because that is what you are saying.

And yes I'm going to lynch cheat

Reactions: 1 users
FFS.... I'm so sick of this BS "can't vote the sketchy noob". Yes, yes we can. I don't give a carp if the sketch post is from a noob, boob, veteran, or freaking Morgan Freeman.... I'm going to lynch their ass until they either explain the post or we find out they aren't a wolf. So quit it with the noob distinction here....this should really read "you're really going to lynch that person with the sketchy post?" Because that is what you are saying.

And yes I'm going to lynch cheat
Meta play is important. Go look at previous games cheat has played. She says things that make you go "what?" in all of them.

Doesn't mean she isn't a wolf. Just means I don't go "KILL HER" when she plays precisely as she always has.

Meta play is important. Go look at previous games cheat has played. She says things that make you go "what?" in all of them.

Doesn't mean she isn't a wolf. Just means I don't go "KILL HER" when she plays precisely as she always has.

Yes I'm aware of how she always plays but that post was beyond the normal sketch.

I agree that cheat's post sounded different then her normal sketch. I would be good with a lyra lynch too. Genny also made a comment about wanting to pursue the nohika lynch and then didn't vote for her which was weird to me.

lynch cheat

Yes I'm a new player and a major noob and I'm trying really hard this game to have reasons for who I want to lynch. If you all wanna lynch me day 2 then fine. Your loss and waste of time trying to lynch a villager. *****LYNCH WALLY*****.. some of his posts yesterday seemed off and I want to hear more from him.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Well I should say newer player.. I've played a few games but I usually get lynched pretty early in the game so I change up my mode to be more quiet and reserved and still get lynched... lol never fails. I feel like whatever I say appears sketchy to someone

Yes I'm a new player and a major noob and I'm trying really hard this game to have reasons for who I want to lynch. If you all wanna lynch me day 2 then fine. Your loss and waste of time trying to lynch a villager. LYNCH WALLY.. some of his posts yesterday seemed off and I want to hear more from him.

Her, not that it's a big deal. :) I also am a new player/major noob. But I voted to initially (and early on) trust STL about nohika pretty off the bat and didn't waver, despite there being a chance to. I'm pretty proud of staying with that decision, even though it's sad STL didn't return as was expected. Just saying y'all.

Members don't see this ad :)

Now I'd kind of like to see how Lyra flips, in case you were voting for a fellow wolf D1 and then taking your first opportunity to move off of her the next day.

sent from ma fone

Nope. No thoughts. But if you pay attention you might realize why the switch.

***unlynch cheat***

***lynch nyanko***

Her, not that it's a big deal. :) I also am a new player/major noob. But I voted to initially (and early on) trust STL about nohika pretty off the bat and didn't waver, despite there being a chance to. I'm pretty proud of staying with that decision, even though it's sad STL didn't return as was expected. Just saying y'all.

Sketch. Bragging to try and establish village cred?

***unlynch bleh***

***lynch wally***

Lynch Lyra

Reading back through knowing nohika was a wolf seer, Lyra's posts stuck out to me the most. Nohika placing a vote on Lyra when it was unlikely the tide would shift to her could be a way to give Lyra some village cred. Probably will be a question for me the whole game if I don't go here

Could also go Snowy. I can understand not wanting to go along with STL and going with who you feel is wolf. Tone of posts just seems different than normal

Wally send quick to point out bring a noob with only one lynch vote I think. Could go here too

Right now not feeling cheat

Yes I'm a new player and a major noob and I'm trying really hard this game to have reasons for who I want to lynch. If you all wanna lynch me day 2 then fine. Your loss and waste of time trying to lynch a villager. LYNCH WALLY.. some of his posts yesterday seemed off and I want to hear more from him.

I wasn't going to but this made me change my mind. I get being frustrated by dying early (of all people I get it, trust me) but you need to defend with logic not emotion. Ironic coming from me, I know. They think you said something sketchy, so explain your reasoning why you said it. You will get better at this, regardless if you are a wolf or villager.

Lynch cheat

After rereading the thread... yeah, for now, I'm going to go ahead and throw my vote out for Lyra for the reasons that I detailed above.

Lynch Lyra

Unofficial Lynch Tally

Lyra (4)
- Trippy, AM, karabou, sandy
cheat (4) - ny, dvmd, snowy, coop
ny (1) - SOV
Bleh ()
Wally ()
Dvmd (1) - LIS

LIS Waffleometer: 5

10/23 voting
lynch close in ~7 hours at 8 pm EDT

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't really gotten any feels from Lyra, but I'm going back to read through the LK game. Anybody know off the top of their head any other game she wolfed in?
The only other time I've been a wolf was Trilt's period game.

I think several other people made similar comments yesterday about wanting more discussion but didn't really bring up anyone (because it was day 1 and there wasn't much to discuss...), but I'd have to go back and look. I did give my thoughts on the other two people that there was some discussion about yesterday (wally and Coop), for what it's worth.

Also, nohika was pretty quick to vote for me yesterday as soon as Trilt said something, it seemed like maybe she was trying to start a bandwagon on me instead of her.

Don't forget to bold or star your vote!

Unofficial Lynch Tally

Lyra (4)
cheat (4) - ny, dvmd, snowy, coop
ny (1) - SOV
Bleh ()
Wally (1) - MJ
Dvmd (1) - LIS

LIS Waffleometer: 5

11/23 voting
CHECK YO VOTES
lynch close in ~7 hours at 8 pm EDT

Ok so in regards of what I was trying to say yesterday, I'm sorry it got jumbled and confusing. I meant to say that if nohika died and was village, it would be suspicious of STL pushing so hard for a lynch...claiming she'd be safe if village and she hadn't been

Ok so in regards of what I was trying to say yesterday, I'm sorry it got jumbled and confusing. I meant to say that if nohika died and was village, it would be suspicious of STL pushing so hard for a lynch...claiming she'd be safe if village and she hadn't been

That was something I was confused about, did STL's heal protect nohika if she were village. It would seem like an STL thing to do to claim it would protect her even if it really wouldn't because he was sure of himself. (Not sure how he could be so sure but it is the idiot savant) Personally that makes sense to me, and so do you.

Unlynch cheat; Lynch Wally

As someone who's been there, there are too many "us villager" comments coming from her.

I understand wanting to clear Nohika like this, but we have found wolves recently based off day 1 discussion and someone feeling "off".

Why not both?

I'm more concerned about people who drop a lynch vote and peace out. Seems way too easy for a wolf to get away with that on this lynch.

She must have felt some pressure, since she role revealed. I'm not really sure why. I don't think just giving out a role name and vague ability would make people switch off her when they don't really believe she's going to die anyway.

I'm getting some off feels from genny and the way yesterday went down. But, I'm also feeling unsure about PBC (and the fact that I'm giving them the off feels).

I work at 2 PM and will be working until Lynch close...

I assure you all's I'm not a wolf. I'm Eve Rothlo, but I ain't giving away my ability.

lynch genny

The only other time I've been a wolf was Trilt's period game.

I think several other people made similar comments yesterday about wanting more discussion but didn't really bring up anyone (because it was day 1 and there wasn't much to discuss...), but I'd have to go back and look. I did give my thoughts on the other two people that there was some discussion about yesterday (wally and Coop), for what it's worth.

Also, nohika was pretty quick to vote for me yesterday as soon as Trilt said something, it seemed like maybe she was trying to start a bandwagon on me instead of her.

Don't forget to bold or star your vote!

So correct me if I'm wrong but this is the only time you talked about Wally or Coop:
Not sure where the sketchy feels for me are coming from. I don't really have feels for anyone yet, but it's hard to form any when we're pretty much stuck on the STL/nohika issue until that's resolved. I'd also like STL to come back and clarify his abilities. So he'll be automatically killed tonight but then can revive himself as vanilla?

Wally just seems noob-y to me. Coop's rant was a little over the top, but I understand her point as I've never heard this "rule" about not killing the last mod early, and it is frustrating as a newer player to always be killed or at least called sketchy right off the bat.
Both of these comments are vague enough that I don't think they mean much. They seem to me like anyone could make comments like that and go back to it and say "but look I was strategizing" without really doing so.

I also didn't like the below quote very much. Just seemed weird to me to say you'd be mad at STL if the Nohika voted didn't work out because of course you would. We would all be irritated if he talked us into lynching a villager on purpose or on accident. It seems like another instance of saying something just to say something.
I'm also a little annoyed that this means we won't have much discussion about anyone else today, or be able to analyze votes. I'm hoping the delayed death is just a today thing so everyone gets to play a bit or it's going to get old fast. I don't remember anyone on the show having a death like that other than Sam kinda (but that was over the course of a few minutes, not a whole day). I am inclined to believe STL is Meggy though, since the writeup mentioned the person attacked being in a hospital (Meggy's a medical student).

Lynch nohika I guess, but if this doesn't work I'll be pretty peeved with STL.

I can't really hold it against cheat getting confused about STL's mumbo jumbo - STL always confuses me, too.

***unlynch dvmd***

***lynch MJ***

Well I should say newer player.. I've played a few games but I usually get lynched pretty early in the game so I change up my mode to be more quiet and reserved and still get lynched... lol never fails. I feel like whatever I say appears sketchy to someone

Have you been a wolf before (maybe a speed game)? If so which game?

I can't really hold it against cheat getting confused about STL's mumbo jumbo - STL always confuses me, too.

***unlynch dvmd***

***lynch MJ***

I do agree what STL was saying for new players was confusing. I was googling how to play WW/Mafia to try and figure that one out.

Also, I am departing for work. Will be home after lynch. Probably going to come back to a **** show.

Unofficial Lynch Tally

Lyra (4)
cheat (3) - ny, dvmd, snowy
ny (1) - SOV
Bleh ()
Wally (2) - MJ, coop
Dvmd ()
Genny (2) - Wally, LIS
MJ () -

LIS Waffleometer: 7

12/23 voting
CHECK YO VOTES
lynch close in ~6 hours at 8 pm EDT

UPDATED FOR LIS' VOTE IN NEXT POST

Unofficial Lynch Tally

Lyra (4)
cheat (3) - ny, dvmd, snowy
ny (1) - SOV
Bleh ()
Wally (2) - MJ, coop
Dvmd ()
Genny (1) - Wally
MJ () -
Mr. Cooooop (1) - LIS

LIS Waffleometer: 8

12/23 voting
CHECK YO VOTES
lynch close in ~5.5 hours at 8 pm EDT

LIS noticed me :love:
add.png

Reactions: 11 users
Totally forgot you were playing. Very sketch.

unlynch genny

lynch Mr. Coopah

I think that's a yes on the round the board. Also for what it's worth, Mr. Coop is currently working his 12 hr shift at his job and someone just cut a very important fiber today. Lol. I haven't even gotten my usual lunch text :(

So I quickly read through Lyra's posts in the LK game, but I don't think there's enough posts from her in this game to make a solid comparison. So I would definitely like to hear from her today before voting.
I thought part of what made her sketch in LK was her lack of posting. Seems she's posting more from what I've seen. She is seeming a bit more sketch today though.
Definitely seen LIS make posts like this when busy, doesn't seem off to me.
AS A REMINDER, PMING WITHIN YOUR GROUP IS ONLY TO OCCUR AT NIGHT

I like when I get to use giant font
I haven't pm'd anyone, but glad you posted this because I totally missed that when reading the first post! Whoops!

I thought part of what made her sketch in LK was her lack of posting. Seems she's posting more from what I've seen. She is seeming a bit more sketch today though.

Yes she definitely did not post much in that game so that is one thing I'm keeping in mind. I was also looking to compare content too though. For now I am going to Lynch Lyra until I hear some more from her.