Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
skeleton-dance.gif

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
@JaggedJimmyJay Last game my partner was an affiliation seer. Almost gave myself an ulcer panicking about multiball.
It wasn't multiball.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to see an uncivil JJJ, surprise multiball is a great recipe
OH I thought this said "surprise meatball is a great recipe" on first read and was very confused at why that would make you uncivil

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Nah, my village brain was mesmerized. Some part of me loved every second of it.
I think you would have liked it a lot more if you were village

I also thrive on gut reads and that was a great way for me to organize and present my gut reads in a way that wouldn't make everyone come after me. The fact that a lot of people were participating and that it was "gun to head one or the other" I think took a lot of the hate fuel out of reads disagreements and I loved it

• Care
Oh my god. My salad thing is so much funnier with JJJ's vegetarian reveal

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Tbh if Santy hadn't been a ninja that would've helped a whole lot, I think. Having the setup where JJJ could watch the NK correctly and not get any info is... not great, imo.
And even if he'd seen AM kill samac, then we still wouldn't have been able to yeet her because alpha.
It's kind of like how if MJ jailed you last game, the kill still would have gone through (despite you being the last wolf).

Reactions: 1 users
One piece of advice to consider (feel free to ignore and discard):

Limited shot roles. Balancing a game is MUCH easier in my experience when players can’t do things every single night. For example in this game: make both Santy and I choose when our watch and ninjas happen. We only get one.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Noted for sure!
It was not a role that has been used here in...a long time (I'm guessing most of the current players actually have never seen it here). Felt like experimenting. Forgot how to count :laugh: But definitely I can understand the perspective that it's not a fun thing to play with even in a scenario where it's not broken from a balance perspective.
Eh its fine with some minor modification, like making it "at least 24 hours in" or "if there's a majority on a player" or something like that, and its mostly fine

One piece of advice to consider (feel free to ignore and discard):

Limited shot roles. Balancing a game is MUCH easier in my experience when players can’t do things every single night. For example in this game: make both Santy and I choose when our watch and ninjas happen. We only get one.
I was just having this thought

• Care
Eh its fine with some minor modification, like making it "at least 24 hours in" or "if there's a majority on a player" or something like that, and its mostly fine
Oh yeah those are good ideas! As it was, it was basically another free shot for the wolves under a different name. But those modifiers would have made it better. Noted.

Honestly I love the feedback so please whatever thoughts you have, continue to share them.

I still have many games yet to design and hearing how things shake out from the player perspective is always helpful :)

• Care
Well I AM a vegetarian, so that too
I'm waiting for the day when the entire wolfpack are vegetarians so the kills will have an extra layer of irony.

don't rand me in it though plz and thx

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anybody feel like playing a basics game? A...palate cleanser as it were.

My modding energy is not yet zapped and I have been sitting on a basics setup for months. Flavor should be fun, not mountainous but light on mechanics.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Anybody feel like playing a basics game? A...palate cleanser as it were.

My modding energy is not yet zapped and I have been sitting on a basics setup for months. Flavor should be fun, not mountainous but light on mechanics.
Yee

But you have been vigilante'd . Your welcome

• Haha
  • Angry
oh if only y'all had actually done this lol
Wouldn't have made much difference lol, and Jay would've just claimed his watch and we stay on nate anyways

It’s funny that if you trace events, the game was lost as soon as I watched the Night 1 kill. Nate was always dying Day 2 even if he didn’t admit to his visit. I would have “outed” him myself.

Mafia is a weird game sometimes. But we play it anyway!
Wild. That possibility is the only reason I claimed. I figured in the off chance I was seen, it could hopefully at least prevent the watcher from claiming.

• Care
Wild. That possibility is the only reason I claimed. I figured in the off chance I was seen, it could hopefully at least prevent the watcher from claiming.
As it turns out you made the right choice. I was able to withhold, even if I ended up extremely confused because you seemed very town. 🥴

Noted for sure!
It was not a role that has been used here in...a long time (I'm guessing most of the current players actually have never seen it here). Felt like experimenting. Forgot how to count :laugh: But definitely I can understand the perspective that it's not a fun thing to play with even in a scenario where it's not broken from a balance perspective.
I think we had that as a role in LaWWpy, now that I think about it. It was Mel. But he got yeeted before ever using it.

As it turns out you made the right choice. I was able to withhold, even if I ended up extremely confused because you seemed very town. 🥴
I started to tinfoil you a lot d2 but I kept it to myself. Seemed like you were keeping me busy but weren't really engaging with my answers, turns out you had a good reason :D

And you were village reading her at the time, if I remember correctly. 😂
I was stuck between I think her and genny (?), they were thunderdoming and I was waffling on the v/w arrangement lol. I think I was more inclined to believe genny was the wolf but trying to shoot AM sounded more fun. And there was some element of strategy but tbh more for funsies lol

I was stuck between I think her and genny (?), they were thunderdoming and I was waffling on the v/w arrangement lol. I think I was more inclined to believe genny was the wolf but trying to shoot AM sounded more fun. And there was some element of strategy but tbh more for funsies lol
It was Black Goo Pippy.

Or if they’d tried to NK April and Santy had died with the bomb. Or if Samac hadn’t died N1 and been able to use her ability to keep someone alive/bring them back from the dead.

Lot of “what if’s”
But my ability would have killed me and they still would have died at the end of the cycle I brought them back, so it would have lowered the misyeet margin more.

• Care
But my ability would have killed me and they still would have died at the end of the cycle I brought them back, so it would have lowered the misyeet margin more.
Ope this is true.
What in that case is the utility for village? Not being snarky, genuinely curious.