Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really think it's going to affect anything, so just to reduce confusion a bit, I am the vote timing restrictor. I choose one person each night, and they only have 24 hours instead of 36 hours to place a vote.

Picked Clem the first night because I suspected him.

Picked PSV the second night because I was flailing a bit and I think she votes better when she doesn't have the opportunity to waffle. Wasn't sure how to get positive EV out of the ability and it seemed like the best shot.

ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE GIGAWATTS???

GREAT SCOTT

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I don't really think it's going to affect anything, so just to reduce confusion a bit, I am the vote timing restrictor. I choose one person each night, and they only have 24 hours instead of 36 hours to place a vote.

Picked Clem the first night because I suspected him.

Picked PSV the second night because I was flailing a bit and I think she votes better when she doesn't have the opportunity to waffle. Wasn't sure how to get positive EV out of the ability and it seemed like the best shot.
well that clears that up at least

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I suspect this game is not going down in my victory column
I will personally be marking this as a victory for the universe. Chaos can reign above the subatomic level it seems, and perhaps we aren't all doomed to a deterministic dreary reality where everything is destiny and free will doesn't exist. Nothing makes any sense!

• Love
  • Haha
The Village time bomb and self-inflicted (I guess?) vig kill are so deflating

WOLVES, WHY DON'T YOU MAKE LIKE A TREE

AND GET OUT OF HERE

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Okay, I have been informed that the PM with PSV was not posthumous, she opened it just before she got shot. Which is why she can't talk to me in it properly now, she can only make ghost noises

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate the ghost noises, though. It is October now

• Haha
Okay, I have been informed that the PM with PSV was not posthumous, she opened it just before she got shot. Which is why she can't talk to me in it properly now, she can only make ghost noises
Maybe this is what happens to all of my vanishing tinder matches

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
6vdw6j.jpg

Summary of last day

• Haha
  • Wow
Hope you're all doing well, floating in this timeless purgatory void

• Care
Thanks for the thyme, Santy. I will cook something nice with it.

• Care
Night 3

Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

London Lights GIF

There is something comforting about consistency. Day in, day out, the great bell of the striking clock in the heart of London was a reliable marker of the passage of time. For over a century and a half it had rung every hour. You could almost take it for granted. But when morning came, and that familiar sound was not heard, it felt like an omen. It felt like the end.

@Empire, who was Big Ben, an innocent child

Four players remained. It was now quite easy to pick out the two villagers. They were dazed, confused, rocked by the feeling that time had accelerated faster than their molecules, let alone their minds, could keep up with. Meanwhile, the wolves looked at them, amused expressions creeping across their faces. One, who had appeared at first glance to be a neurosurgeon with magical powers, upon closure inspection was actually wearing a pirate hat, and had a hook for a hand. He had a nervous tick, that seemed to intensify anytime a clock was nearby. Odd.

captain hook.gif

The other, ostensibly a writer with a lot of neat ideas about time travel, was revealed to be a clock herself. It's actually quite surprising these two managed to work together. But work together they had, and to deadly effect.

Marvel Loki GIF

And so Captain Hook and Miss Minutes took the Rolex in hand, and used it to smash The Great Pumpkin into pieces, before throwing the watch in front of an oncoming bus. Time had officially run out.

@Truenamer, who was The Great Pumpkin (it's that time of year after all), a villager who each night could target someone, locking their vote 24 hours into the next day cycle
and
@JaggedJimmyJay, who was Rolex, a village watcher

Wolves win!
Congratulations @Santygrass and @Animal Midwife!
6vaolu.jpg

*credit to Santy

9. @Animal Midwife - Captain Hook (cover role Doctor Strange) - alpha wolf with a 1x vig shot
11. @Santygrass - Miss Minutes (cover role HG Wells) - ninja fruit vendor wolf with a 1x early day close

Dead:
2. @genny - Ke$ha - vanillager
3. @samac - Henry Hamilton - village time donator
8. @NateTheLesser - TARDIS - village tourist
7. @Aprilthearab - Time Bomb - village n2 auto death
10. @Clem J - Flux Capacitor - village redirector
5. @SportPonies - Aethon - vanilla villager
1. @potentialsheltervet - What Time Is It Right Now Dot Com - village 1x PMer
4. @Truenamer - The Great Pumpkin - village vote locker
12. @Empire - Big Ben - innocent child
6. @JaggedJimmyJay - Rolex - village watcher

Subs:
1. @Lawpy

Tots:
utc. @supershorty
2. @alleycat03
3. @bluestoat
4. @WorthlessOxygen

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Before you pull out your pitchforks

I'd like to take a moment to apologize for the wolf-sided balance of the game. 12 players is basically the worst to try to balance, and in our attempt to bring the required misyeets for the 2-wolf pack down from 4 to 3, we uh...accidentally made it 2. I promise that was not intentional in any way, just a miscalculation. Since Zenge and I did the primary designing and I'm the more experienced of us two, I take full responsibility for the brokenness. Please bake all critiques into pumpkin pies and feel free to throw them at my face.

That being said, wolves still played a really great game, evidenced by the general village confusion the last two days. So, gg. And, from a game culture perspective, this has to have been one of the most fun and toxicity-free games I have witnessed in a while. I hope our new friends will stick around, I'd like to get to play with you guys! And I so hope you all had fun despite the game design wonkiness.

In conclusion, sorry village, game designing when you're also in a state of perpetual panic about your comprehensive exam is a bad idea. Numbers is villains. I hard claim Skill Issue.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Worry not, moderators. I’m not about to complain when my reads were clearly poopoo.

Good game mafia. We tried town.

If

Only

We

Had

More

TIME

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Perhaps in a different universe we take care of AM, I claim watcher (I had lots of receipts), Empire is innocent childed, and we have the mechanics in place to take care of Santy.

• Love
  • Care
Broken game still pretty fun, broken games in a more laidback/casual setting aren't really something to get too upset about imo

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Perhaps in a different universe we take care of AM, I claim watcher (I had lots of receipts), Empire is innocent childed, and we have the mechanics in place to take care of Santy.
Or if they’d tried to NK April and Santy had died with the bomb. Or if Samac hadn’t died N1 and been able to use her ability to keep someone alive/bring them back from the dead.

Lot of “what if’s”

• Care
yeah that's really annoying

not really a winnable game fmpov when you lose after 2 mistakes

wolves played fairly well of course but searching for a relatively small number in a large group with such a ridiculously thin margin for error is incredibly hard and it's frustrating to have the game slam the door shut on you well before you could even reasonably assume it was possible for that to happen

i think in a hypothetical world where we get AM and santy is alive in 3p it gets interesting

but oh well, c'est la vie, live and learn, move on

• Care
Hey @Empire, just wanted to say that you softed being an Innocent Child perfectly. I'm not sure if the wolves caught it but I was 95% sure that's what you were saying, and it helped me look for wolves in other places.

This doesn't count as a bad Jay read cause it was in fact due to being in a new place, nya

• Haha
  • Dislike
And, from a game culture perspective, this has to have been one of the most fun and toxicity-free games I have witnessed in a while. I hope our new friends will stick around
This this this this this this

ggwp, everyone!!

And way to go wolfies, Mother & Momma dream team 4 lyfe :love: :biglove:

• Care
If it’s not known yet, I watched samac on Night 1. I saw Nate AND ONLY Nate visit her.

That’s why Day 2 had me so baffled.

• Hmm
Hey @Empire, just wanted to say that you softed being an Innocent Child perfectly. I'm not sure if the wolves caught it but I was 95% sure that's what you were saying, and it helped me look for wolves in other places.
lol i thought i was prettyblatant about it, maybe too blatant but that was why i had that confidence i wasn't dying

Woof that's rough lol

• Care
Who carried the n2 kill?

Broken game still pretty fun, broken games in a more laidback/casual setting aren't really something to get too upset about imo
yeah you just kind of brush it off and it's whatever

agree with what people said this was the nicest game i've gotten crushed in

• Care
  • Love