Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only utility I see from that is that in a sort of LyLo scenario it instantly clear the slot no questions asked? Other than that the actual utility is very low yeah

Members don't see this ad.

The only utility I see from that is that in a sort of LyLo scenario it instantly clear the slot no questions asked? Other than that the actual utility is very low yeah
But I mean it’s killing myself so wouldn’t that just make it parity at night close when whoever I brought back dies?

Ope this is true.
What in that case is the utility for village? Not being snarky, genuinely curious.
I think it would have been useful if there was a particular player that died that y'all wanted more info from (like if JJJ had died without talking about his targets or something), or if samac was pretty sure she was going to die anyway she basically could have given a day of extra life to someone else. The latter would have been a huge gamble of course depending on how many hours she decided to donate. So true a net negative from a numbers standpoint unless she guessed right on when she was going to die.

Didn't play nice with the other things in this setup...but I do think it would be an interesting role to bring back in one that had a wider margin for error.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I quite appreciated the theme of this game, by the way. Ages ago I hosted a time travel themed game in which the characters were all extracted from time-oriented fiction (e.g., The Time Machine, Back to the Future, Interstellar, etc...). It took place in four threads at once (past, present, alternate present, and future), and I'm pretty sure it was nonsense. But it's easy to have a good time with, er, time.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
It took place in four threads at once (past, present, alternate present, and future),
Omg
I played one game on another site that took place in two different threads and that was already too much for me to keep up with :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Okay I must know
Sporty being a horse was not RNG, was it? Or me being Bojack related

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
But I mean it’s killing myself so wouldn’t that just make it parity at night close when whoever I brought back dies?
Ehh, in an f3 its extremely powerful, cause you only have to get the yeet right.

In f5 yeh you dont use it, but if its f6 you have that margin to actually do it too.

I'd say its pretty situational but can be kinda strong, specially if there is some kind of dead town role that would appreciate being alive to do or tell something

Reactions: 1 users
My first reaction to getting a Watcher role:

Oh damn. This is probably the second-strongest commonplace role in the town textbook. That probably means three mafia.

Oops

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
My first reaction to getting a Watcher role:

Oh damn. This is probably the second-strongest commonplace role in the town textbook. That probably means three mafia.

Oops
I was fairly certain there were not going to be more than two scum roles because my role guaranteed a free village death N2 and that alone in a twelve person game seemed to be significant enough to need to kick the wolves down a player. Plus 25% scum is pretty high on SDN I think, I feel like we usually play more in the very low twenties and are more likely to have fewer wolves with more power than more wolves with less power for parity reasons