How to Get AWWay with Murder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't keep up with y'all in there. I stopped trying haha
we're not even that talkative lately!!!!!
okay maybe that's a lie there's been a whole page and a bit about our love of cheese

Members don't see this ad.

Zoe Mitchell was a sweet girl. Yes, you may have seen her in the news where they reported she was allegedly involved in the murder of one of her friends but when she explained how her friends coerced her into it, people believe every word she says. Except for one person. One person knew that Zoe was too sweet to be genuine and he wanted to ensure that Zoe couldn't hurt anyone ever again. So late one night he attacked her, wrapping his hands around her neck and squeezing until she drew no more breath.

Dead is Cheat - Zoe Mitchell, a WOLF who could block a player each night and would seer as a villager on odd nights

Hannah Keating was fanatically devoted to her brother and ever since he went missing she was determined to find out what happened to him. Did he really run off? She thought not. Sadly, she would never know the truth as Hannah was poisoned at dinner one night.

Dead is AM - Hannah Keating, a psychologist and VILLAGER who could redirect a players actions each night

It is now Day 3. Deadline is 8 pm EDT.

20 players remain
Roster:
The Law Office of Annalise Keating
1. @Mr. Coopah
2. @Caiter92
3. @LetItSnow
4. @DVMDream
5. @wallydo

The Courthouse
6. @genny
9. @Filly Bay

Middleton University
11. @Coopah
12. @Mad Jack
13. @bjeh
14. @Karabiner13

The Police Station
16. @SnowshoeDog143
17. @PrincessButterCup
18. @SARdoghandler / @LadyOtheFarm (Farmdoggo)
19. @Trilt / @PippyPony (Trippy)
20. @StartingoverVet

Wes’ Apartment
22. @SandstormDVM
23. @nyanko
24. @WeimMama
25. @Jilary

The Graveyard
8. @SummerTheLynx - Meggy
21. @nohika - Todd Denver
10. @Lupin21 - Laurel Castillo
26. @LyraGardenia
- Wallace Mahoney
15. @cheathac - Zoe Mitchell
7. @Animal Midwife - Hannah Keating

You ruthless wolves...

Go village!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Wally

I agree with whomever posted yesterday (can't remember who, I'm sorry!) that her dropping a role claim on the thread in response to exactly one person voting for her at the time seemed sporacdic, unnecessary, and overreactive. And, upon rereading, several of her other posts have me raising my eyebrow a bit.

Since she is so new, could definitely just chalk these up to noobiness rather than sketchiness, but figured it's worth throwing out there for the time being. If, for nothing else, then to start getting the pressure on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynch Wally

I agree with whomever posted yesterday (can't remember who, I'm sorry!) that her dropping a role claim on the thread in response to exactly one person voting for her at the time seemed sporacdic, unnecessary, and overreactive. And, upon rereading, several of her posts have me raising my eyebrow a bit.

Since she is so new, could definitely just chalk these up to noobiness, but figured it's worth throwing out there for the time being. If, for nothing else, then to start getting the pressure on.

Dang, right to it Sandy. Sad face.

I'd like to note... cheat, a wolf, was the first to start a lynch on me yesterday. Yes, I did give away my name, but hung on to my ability (and plan to). I was just trying to do something that wasn't hugely detrimental to me before leaving for a long day at work. Shrug. What else have I been sketchy about?

wally's responses to some of nohika and lyra's posts D1 make her sound a lot more village-y. And cheat's hard pushing for wally lynch yesterday really make me think that wally is showing noobness and not wolfiness.

Reactions: 1 user
wally's responses to some of nohika and lyra's posts D1 make her sound a lot more village-y. And cheat's hard pushing for wally lynch yesterday really make me think that wally is showing noobness and not wolfiness.

I appreciate you going back and reading snowshoe. And I seriously look forward to the day where I play this game without coming across as an idiot.

***lynch wally***
Seems to be playing up the noob aspect as a defense.

Since cheat clarified what they meant I don't have any feels for them right now. Cause I had similiar thoughts on STL wanting nohika to be lynched, so I follow their logic.

I'm not really feeling the Lyra lynch either if she was looked in to at night. Obviously could be lying, but if they were tracked/seered (that's what interrogation sounds like to me?), no ones said anything yet so at the very least they didn't do any killing the night they were looked at?

I don't know if I've played with caiter so I don't know how hard she defends fellow wolves when she wolfs, but I really don't like this post. Looks like she is trying to get lyra out of the lynch by saying she was seered or tracked and no feels for cheat. When one wolf was killed D1 and the two of the top contenders on D2 are wolves, I would think a fellow wolf would try to soft defend them. Also throws a vote at the other top contender wally - maybe hoping this bandwagon will win out over lyra today?

lynch caiter

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate you going back and reading snowshoe. And I seriously look forward to the day where I play this game without coming across as an idiot.

well don't get too thankful - that is super weird :cyclops: And you have said sketchy sounding stuff, but people can judge for themselves whether they think it's wolfy or not.

(keep playing games and you will eventually learn how to play smart. Or at least I presume us sketchy noobs will eventually get to that point haha)

I don't know if I've played with caiter so I don't know how hard she defends fellow wolves when she wolfs, but I really don't like this post. Looks like she is trying to get lyra out of the lynch by saying she was seered or tracked and no feels for cheat. When one wolf was killed D1 and the two of the top contenders on D2 are wolves, I would think a fellow wolf would try to soft defend them. Also throws a vote at the other top contender wally - maybe hoping this bandwagon will win out over lyra today?

lynch caiter

Just wanting to say this post did stick out to me, too. Half because of the self-lynch, and half because of the defense for a wolf. I'm still catching up from the last day and getting through cheat's and lyra's posts. Will be resuming in the AM.

(keep playing games and you will eventually learn how to play smart. Or at least I presume us sketchy noobs will eventually get to that point haha)

Man, I miss the days of the dark circus and Dr. S talking like an owl.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm starting to agree with the Caiter feels. Lynching Wally and soft-defending Cheat in the same post is kind of odd, since both players had been raising eyebrows for weird/noob play. It seems weird to lynch one while agreeing with the other.

***lynch wally***
Seems to be playing up the noob aspect as a defense.

Since cheat clarified what they meant I don't have any feels for them right now. Cause I had similiar thoughts on STL wanting nohika to be lynched, so I follow their logic.

I'm not really feeling the Lyra lynch either if she was looked in to at night. Obviously could be lying, but if they were tracked/seered (that's what interrogation sounds like to me?), no ones said anything yet so at the very least they didn't do any killing the night they were looked at?

Also her thoughts on Lyra - that's a pretty easy lie to get away with in this game, actually. The tracker or seer isn't going to come on and say "nope, I didn't check her out" and also can't pm anyone to try to subtly offer that info until night opens. Giving her the benefit of the doubt because she claims she was investigated and at least we know she maybe didn't kill that night? Seems like a big reach to make.

I guess I didn't want to post "when Lyra was a wolf she did X, Y and Z" because then she would know to avoid X, Y and Z.

I still think this is funny. What's the point of talking about post analysis if you're not going to share any? Also, if you said that Lyra posted really infrequently as a wolf, what's she going to do? Post more and give us more to work with in terms of analysis and game play? It feels likes someone trying to be helpful without actually being helpful.

He doesn't even have a name.

Genny gave a strange D1 vote - not just because it was for me, but because it was for a random person near the end of lynch without any reasoning at all. I thought this was a weird interaction, too - Lyra gave us her supposed role as a defense, saying he was so minor and didn't even have a real name and that she was vanillager, which was a really lackluster role reveal/defense. Genny chimed in in supposed agreement with Lyra. It's nothing very solid, but I do have some feels for Genny.

Lynch Wally

I agree with whomever posted yesterday (can't remember who, I'm sorry!) that her dropping a role claim on the thread in response to exactly one person voting for her at the time seemed sporacdic, unnecessary, and overreactive. And, upon rereading, several of her other posts have me raising my eyebrow a bit.

Since she is so new, could definitely just chalk these up to noobiness rather than sketchiness, but figured it's worth throwing out there for the time being. If, for nothing else, then to start getting the pressure on.
Which posts are you talking about? I'm curious to see your thoughts.

Just wanting to say this post did stick out to me, too. Half because of the self-lynch, and half because of the defense for a wolf. I'm still catching up from the last day and getting through cheat's and lyra's posts. Will be resuming in the AM.
What do you mean by "self-lynch"? Caiter wasn't lynching herself.

What do you mean by "self-lynch"? Caiter wasn't lynching herself.
I Think LetItSnow was the only self Lynch so far this game :) and we know why he did it. Ran the full roster WOOT

Genny gave a strange D1 vote - not just because it was for me, but because it was for a random person near the end of lynch without any reasoning at all. I thought this was a weird interaction, too - Lyra gave us her supposed role as a defense, saying he was so minor and didn't even have a real name and that she was vanillager, which was a really lackluster role reveal/defense. Genny chimed in in supposed agreement with Lyra. It's nothing very solid, but I do have some feels for Genny.
I did explain my vote if you reread day 1.

I pointed out that Lyra's claimed role didn't even have a name. I don't understand how you twist that into support for Lyra, unless you believe unnamed minor characters are going to appear in this game.

Hopefully in about an hour I will have a lot of extra time today at work, to catch up on all your posts from yesterday guys. Btw yes Mrs. Coopah had a bit too much of 1 drink and got a little tipsy. So self imposed chat restriction ^^

Light weight, but adorable :)

Reactions: 5 users
Ok so it may be too early for this, but I like to look at lynch tallies side-by-side so I'll post this here in case it helps you guys too.

Day 1

nohika (18) - STL, Coop, Sandy, wally, Farmdog, Mr. Coop, FB, Trippy, Kara, bj, ny, MJ, Weim, Lyra, Caiter, cheat, AM, Jil
Coopah (1) - SOV
Lyra (4) - LIS, Snowy, PBC, nohika
PBC (1) - genny

24/26 - Missing – Lupin, DMVD

Day 2

Lyra (9) - Trippy, AM, karabou, Sandy, bjeh, PBC, FB, Jil, Snowy
wally (5) - cheat, MJ, Coopah, caiter, MrCoopah
Snowy (3) - genny, LIS, farmdoggo
cheat (1) - nyan
nyanko (1) - SOV
genny (1) - wally
LIS (1) - DVMD
Jil (1)Lyra

22/23 - Missing – WM

Reactions: 4 users

lynch caiter
Saw this on reread last night and had the same thoughts. Don't think she would normally defend 2 fellow wolves in one post but with losing one already and 2 more being up for lynch, this post gave me all the feels. So this is where my votes going (sorry wif)

Lynch Caiter

Lynch Filly

My heart isn't in this, but you've been ghosting hard and what comments you've made are setting off lil alarms. I need some more feedback from you and defending would accomplish that.

Pretty okay with a Caiter lynch, also, though need to iso at lunch. Think better half may want that lynch more so may choose when she wakes and sobers up. :p

Also I agree with Lynch Caiter. I'm hoping to get her talking more today, also I quickly reviewed the Vet Clinic Game she was in. She lived until Night 4 so a little longer than this game so far, but even keeping that in mind she posted a lot more. She also seemed more involved in the conversation. I compared that to her comments in this game and she just seems less involved in this game. In that game a lot of her comments are just short sentences here and there, but I think they helped keep the conversation going and I don't see that in this game.

lynch caiter
I somehow completely neglected to notice that (gah, it was late when I combed through)---thanks, @bjeh, for posting the lynch tallies!

With that in mind, I definitely agree that it makes Wally seem more villager in my mind.

Unlynch Wally

Reactions: 1 users
With the recent arguments that have been posted re: Caiter, I'm leaning towards that lounge vote as well but I am hoping that she can come online and explain/defend herself a little bit first.

Good assassin kill. Would have been a good one even if she were village because there was no analyzing that.

Also cheat if you blocked me after I half defended you (I HATE blocking) imma cut you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
With the recent arguments that have been posted re: Caiter, I'm leaning towards that lounge vote as well but I am hoping that she can come online and explain/defend herself a little bit first.
I agree with the general consensus going around about Wally. Do not think I will be voting you again today. Just wanted to ask why vote Genny yesterday. Seemed like a throw away vote, just wanted to ask your thoughts. Genny did not seem odd to me, but I am still reading over stuff from yesterday. Thanks.

Good assassin kill. Would have been a good one even if she were village because there was no analyzing that.

Also cheat if you blocked me after I half defended you (I HATE blocking) I'mma cut you.
The sloth has tasted blood, and now it wants more. lol

Reactions: 2 users
I'm ok with the Caiter lynch, but I'm still digging a Snowy lynch.

I think I'm gonna park on Snowy at the moment. While I support a Caiter lynch, I'm not really in favor of a runaway bandwagon.

lynch Snowy

lynch caiter
I could see cheats logic cause I had similiar thoughts about STLs plan for lynch day 1. If he was lying and nohika died a villager, that'd have been pretty suspicious of him. From what I could see yesterday the only reason people were suspicious of cheat was their post day one that was kind of all jumbled? And then they clarified.

I wasn't feeling Lyra after her post about possible tracking/seering/something, cause no one had said anything yet. Obviously was stupid logic after the lynch results.

So I voted for Wally yesterday because of the three top candidates they were the one I felt were the sketchiest at the time.

I agree with the general consensus going around about Wally. Do not think I will be voting you again today. Just wanted to ask why vote Genny yesterday. Seemed like a throw away vote, just wanted to ask your thoughts. Genny did not seem odd to me, but I am still reading over stuff from yesterday. Thanks.
Huh? I didn't vote for Genny yesterday; I hopped onto the vote for Lyra pretty early on and stayed there...?

Huh? I didn't vote for Genny yesterday; I hopped onto the vote for Lyra pretty early on and stayed there...?
O lol I see the confusion I caused, question was directed at Wally. Was just curious as to why he voted Genny. No one said much about her, and it seemed like a throw away vote. Just was asking for Wally to clarify. Just curious if I missed something about it.

I could see cheats logic cause I had similiar thoughts about STLs plan for lynch day 1. If he was lying and nohika died a villager, that'd have been pretty suspicious of him. From what I could see yesterday the only reason people were suspicious of cheat was their post day one that was kind of all jumbled? And then they clarified.
While I can kinda understand the logic there, especially for cheathac since she is new to the game and admittedly the plan was a bit confusing initially, I have to question what STL would possibly have to gain from lying on D1. It was pretty clear in the writeup that he was injured and was going to die regardless; he claimed that he was the dying person alluded to in the writeup and absolutely no one refuted it and/or said "Uh, no, he's full of s***e, *I* was the one who was attacked", so as far as I was concerned, the chances of him lying about that were slim. Sure, he could have been lying about Nohika's protection should she be a villager---but then I'm confident that he would have been a prime lynch candidate with little to no defense for the next day had he had the gall to revive himself after the ordeal (assuming that he was being truthful about having the revive ability). To lie like that so blatantly and so early on in the game would have required some serious cojones on the part of STL, wolf or not. If he was not lying about the protection and Nohika turned out to be village, then she would have been protected, STL would have died, and nothing else would have happened, effectively making D1 a free day.

Yes, STL pulls some crazy plays and lies out of his butt as a wolf sometimes and that was a possibility, but usually it's fairly late in the game that he does that... I couldn't see him lying about something like that so aggressively so early into it. He's smarter than that. That's why I (and clearly a lot of others) went along with it as quickly as we did. It was a relatively low risk move for the village and it paid off.

As I said, I can understand cheathac having that line of logic, but I'm pretty darn sure that you've played at least a few games with STL before...

Regarding cheathac, I had mild feels for her yesterday but I chalked it up to her being new/inexperienced. I felt far, far safer and more confident voting for Lyra.

Last edited by a moderator:
O lol I see the confusion I caused, question was directed at Wally. Was just curious as to why he voted Genny. No one said much about her, and it seemed like a throw away vote. Just was asking for Wally to clarify. Just curious if I missed something about it.
Yeah, I realized my mistake after I posted that. The quote of my post and your use of "you" as a pronoun threw me off. No biggie.

While I can kinda understand the logic there, especially for cheathac since she is new to the game and admittedly the plan was a bit confusing initially, I have to question what STL would possibly have to gain from lying on D1. It was pretty clear in the writeup that he was injured and was going to die regardless; he claimed that he was the dying person alluded to in the writeup and absolutely no one refuted it and/or said "Uh, no, he's full of s***e, *I* was the one who was attacked". Sure, he could have been lying about Nohika's protection should she be a villager---but then I'm sure that he would have been a prime lynch candidate for the next day had he had the gall to revive himself after the ordeal (assuming that he was being truthful about having the revive ability). To lie like that so blatantly and so early on in the game would have required some serious cojones on the part of STL, wolf or not. If he was not lying about the protection and Nohika turned out to be village, then she would have been protected, STL would have died, and nothing else would have happened, effectively making D1 a free day.

Yes, STL pulls some crazy plays and lies out of his butt as a wolf sometimes but usually it's fairly late in the game that he does that... I couldn't see him lying about something like that so aggressively so early into it. He's smarter than that. That's why I (and clearly a lot of others) went along with it as quickly as we did. It was a relatively low risk move for the village and it paid off.

As I said, I can understand cheathac having that line of logic, but I'm pretty darn sure that you've played at least a few games with STL before... so I am surprised that you went along with it as you did.

Regarding cheathac, I had mild feels for her yesterday but I chalked it up to her being new/inexperienced. I felt way, way safer voting for Lyra, though, so I stuck with that.
I questioned STLs claimed abilities day one, in my first post. It's a lot to claim, and I found it weird one person would have all those. I still voted to lynch nohika, because if he wasn't lying, nohika would have been safe if village. So I agreed if he was telling the truth, it was a low risk lynch.

I've played two or so games with STL, and I've just learned to take everything he says with a grain of salt until proven otherwise. I wasn't the only one who had played with him before that found his posts a bit weird, so I don't see how you find it surprising I would.

Lynch Snowy

I wasn't feeling Lyra after her post about possible tracking/seering/something, cause no one had said anything yet. Obviously was stupid logic after the lynch results.

So I voted for Wally yesterday because of the three top candidates they were the one I felt were the sketchiest at the time.
Clumsy words are very often exactly how one gets a wolf. Unless they're mine, then I'm probably just drunk.

As I head into work two hours early, I'm torn. I'm not feeling a snowy lynch and I think that caiter is at least attempting to justify her hesitation and since what STL claimed was for sure new and confusing to me, I can understand the distrust initially.

Bjeh, I love that update you made!! I'm now gonna color code my own document.

For players who've been pretty quiet... madjack has barely made a peep other than lynching me the other day. I guess that makes me a little suspicious?

um what do you think were clumsy words on my part?..
Two separate things, don't confuse them. I'm lynching you based on feels and a cursory look at the voting patterns thusfar. The other part of my post was strictly in reference to Caiter's comment and was unrelated to my reasons for choosing you.

Reading back through could also go with a Kara lynch today. She's said some things that made me :eyebrow: Maybe Jil, but she is always sketchy and lyra's vote for her yesterday when one wolf was dead and two wolves were already on the chopping block so I don't think lyra would like to throw shade at another wolf.

Reading back through could also go with a Kara lynch today. She's said some things that made me :eyebrow: Maybe Jil, but she is always sketchy and lyra's vote for her yesterday when one wolf was dead and two wolves were already on the chopping block so I don't think lyra would like to throw shade at another wolf.

I also thought that in some way sorta cleared Jil.

Madjack, not sure why Snowy is suspicious for having feels and looking at voting patterns. Isn't that like... how to play WW?

I need to get a vote in before leaving. I'm gonna ***lynch caiter*** since I had the feels last night (and posted) and not much has changed. I will do my best to check in before lunch close.