Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zenge142

Skeleton Lord, Stump Master, and Mother Hen
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread
1664246257861.png

Time To Get A Watch! What Time Is It? Who Knows!?

Welcome to "Time To Get a WWatch" a WW Game Brought To you by Zenge, Dubz, and Kaydubs

12 Players Remain
1. @potentialsheltervet
2. @genny
3. @samac
4. @Truenamer
5. @SportPonies
6. @JaggedJimmyJay
7. @Aprilthearab
8. @NateTheLesser
9. @Animal Midwife
10. @Clem J
11. @Santygrass
12. @Empire

Subs:
1. @Lawpy

Tots:
utc. @supershorty
2. @alleycat03
3. @bluestoat
4. @WorthlessOxygen

Please wait to post until the game is officially open.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Rules Including Participation Requirements
1. Most importantly: this is a game and is meant to be fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Players resorting to personal attacks will be removed from gameplay without warning. NO EXCEPTIONS, AND NO SUBS FOR MODKILLED PLAYERS.
Examples of behavior we do not tolerate: name calling (e.g. “Zenges is being a b****”), calling other players’ play poor/bad/subpar, or personal attacks. Please note that calling someone a wolf or wolfy is not a personal attack.

2. Voting will close at 9 PM Central (10 PM East/7PM Pacific). Night will close at 9 AM Central or earlier if all submissions are received.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread or your role PM.

4. Players must make 10 content posts per 36/12 cycle/5 content posts per 12/12 cycle to avoid mod wrath. Naked yeet votes do not count as content posts.

5. Dead players: please keep your on-thread posts to a minimum, and if you do post, please do so in ******stars******. Please do not react to strategy posts in the game once you are dead. Same goes for tots and subs - please do not react to strategy posts at all.

6. Ties will be resolved through...mechanics.

7. Please do not quote, screenshot, or copy/paste from your mod PM. Please don’t fake quotes, screenshots, or copy/pastes from a mod PM either.

8. Editing posts is permitted, but do not delete them. Remember to unvote if you are changing your vote.

9. Votes must be formatted in bold or #########surrounded by octothorpes#########. Please make the mods’ lives easier by not hiding your vote in a wall of text.

10. Do not discuss or share night results before the night write-up is posted. Strategizing between vote closing and write up is permitted, including for the person voted out.

11. If you require a sub due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the mod (me/KD/Dubz) in your role PM, and do not discuss it on the thread.

12. Gifs are welcomed, and encouraged, but please hide them in spoiler tags. If you don’t know how to use spoilers, ask.

13. A note about role reveals - Most or all of the following statements are true about this game: I have given roles you would expect to be protagonists to both village and scum. I have given roles you would expect to be antagonists to both village and scum. I have given scum cover roles, and they have literally thousands of literary works of fiction time related things to make up their own cover roles if they choose to. Finally, some players, may not have been given their roles yet at all, because, much like when reading a book clock, some characters times, while they exist in the world, only show up a few chapters into the book when the bell tolls. Point being, trying to game solve via role reveals will be an effort in futility and frustration. Don't do it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is now Day 1. Vote closes at 9pm Central (10pm EST/7pm fantasyland) on Wednesday, 9/28/2022.

Excellent. I've been waiting a while to finally get a town role after watching the misery of the first two rounds of the champs tournament.

First question for the local regulars: in a 12-player game, given your experience playing right here on SDN, how many mafia would you expect there to be? Do you expect independents/3ps?

I just want to see how the spoiler function looks on this forum, because ima probably be using it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent. I've been waiting a while to finally get a town role after watching the misery of the first two rounds of the champs tournament.

First question for the local regulars: in a 12-player game, given your experience playing right here on SDN, how many mafia would you expect there to be? Do you expect independents/3ps?
Go check your role PM, the number of wolves should be right there.

Also, welcome 🥰

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users

No 3p until proven otherwise. 2-3 wolves makes sense.

Reactions: 1 users

Also, welcome 🥰

Hi! Thanks! I rebuke your cruel joke!

(I would appreciate any answers I can get, as it will help me to orient my solving goals mkay)

• Care
No 3p until proven otherwise. 2-3 wolves makes sense.
Thank you.

If there are three mafia (decent assumption to be on the safe side), then we sit in a 9 vs 3 game --> this would only be two mischops to "limlo", meaning 2 + 3 = 5 names are needed for a winning POE. That may also apply with two mafia (3 + 2 instead), but regardless I like to know about my immediate sense of urgency.

6 correct town reads not including oneself [probably] win the game.

Hi! Thanks! I rebuke your cruel joke!

(I would appreciate any answers I can get, as it will help me to orient my solving goals mkay)
Forgive me, it was too easy

As AM said, 2-3 would make sense. SDN has been fairly village-sided recently so if it's 2, I would expect them to have quite juicy PRs.

Also, given what I know about Dubz and Zenge, I would not expect a ton of purely vanilla roles. From other games of theirs I've been in or co-modded, they prefer to give everyone at least a little ability (like fruit vendor type stuff). So expect general schnanigans.

• Hmm
I had the thread open like, as 20 minutes ago and didnt noticed that it was open already. SKILL ISSUE

• Haha
Spooked by what? shorty's failed first attempt or your vote on me?
By the general experience of this game being active and you being in it. I just noticed that you gave us a "first" and then took your leave.

Yeet Aprilthearab

We already got one boyz

• Wow
I enjoy that the introduction of new players is like shaking a box full of beetles.

Tells you a lot about the beetles.

I see why everyone likes the annual Noob Game so much.

• Haha
Also is it okay to call you just April? I legit just copypasted your name to yeet you wowee

I enjoy that the introduction of new players is like shaking a box full of beetles.

I dont get it?

Who are the beetles in this particular simile?

By the general experience of this game being active and you being in it. I just noticed that you gave us a "first" and then took your leave.
I gave plenty of warning that my activity would be enthusiastic but sparse when I signed up :shrug:

And with some other people but I know JJJ from specchat I have favorites okay 👀

• Wow
I gave plenty of warning that my activity would be enthusiastic but sparse when I signed up :shrug:
Wdym with Sparse? Only check some minutes at random times of day, or be in thread like 1 hour a day at most or something like that?

Like, what is your planned approach when being in thread

You're free of course to play your own way given your time constraints etc (not that you need my permission). I won't attack that stuff.

How do you feel about my current line of questioning?

Also first time playing with JJJ hypeeeeeee
Our first order of business in this game will be to find you a new meme. We cannot be having "skill issue" every other post, mister. That won't do, okay? Glad to play with you too Santy Claus!

• Haha
6uthkn.jpg

This was the first template with a clock that I found and this popped up in my mind. I may or may not have problems at this point tbh

• Haha
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Wdym with Sparse? Only check some minutes at random times of day, or be in thread like 1 hour a day at most or something like that?

Like, what is your planned approach when being in thread
I just started a very demanding course in vet school yesterday, I have a very randomly scheduled part time job, and I spend a lot of time at a stable without cell service, so my participation will likely be very irregular and sporadic. Historically, I've gotten very behind and only been able to read and reply to a handful of posts but I still tend to keep my overall post count above average. We're not there yet with this game but JJJ already called me out for my apparently inadequate activity in the first half hour of the game lol
You're free of course to play your own way given your time constraints etc (not that you need my permission). I won't attack that stuff.

How do you feel about my current line of questioning?
Doesn't bother me but I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve

• Haha
My little piece of advice if at some point you get behind on the thread and you dont have much time to read it all, posting and interacting with players in real time is SUPER valuable, and helps you form a read and will help the players posting at that time find you, if you are town.

Now, to an actual wolf

Yeet Truenamer

• Hmm
  • Wow
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve
Maybe later I'll share the video.

Anyway, thanks for indulging me. To be clear, I wouldn't call your activity "inadequate". That would be quite unfair. I hope that you'll play the game at exactly your own pace and nothing but, and if any strangers with angry bear avatars happen to pay you a visit with demanding language, know that it's always meant only in the kindest spirits.

My little piece of advice if at some point you get behind on the thread and you dont have much time to read it all, posting and interacting with players in real time is SUPER valuable, and helps you form a read and will help the players posting at that time find you, if you are town.
That's always what I do. Just might be super out of the loop and missing context

To give my 2 cents in april. I actually think that saying 'first' and being oending on thread opening, to then not be there camping usually is more town indicative.
Would be maybe Wolfu indicative if they get frozen on interactions? But the way they replied lately and the time stuff I think it checks up the approach in my head.

The initial reply to JJJ vote was kinda not so towny in my book, like a self councious one. But they didnt react that way to my vote , so I kinda backed off of the read of being a wolfy type of self concious.

Truenamer I think showed being here but I think its addressing the thread in their few post with almost an outsider perspective, I had to check up they werent modding this time to make sure

NOTE: The following anecdote is only barely relevant to this game, so continue with this post only if you wish to indulge. It's not terribly important.

For a bit of silly stupidity:

I once played my first game ever on a site known as HeroClix Realms. I replaced into the game (for "MP") as a total stranger, and one of the mafia members reacted this way to my introductory behaviors:

jacklol.png

Truenamer's "beetles" simile reminded me of that immediately. I don't suggest this comparison is meaningful. It just made me laugh. Wherever I go, I invoke imagery of beastly creatures shaking things up.

• Care
Truenamer I think showed being here but I think its addressing the thread in their few post with almost an outsider perspective, I had to check up they werent modding this time to make sure
I have a vague sense of spectating from Truenamer that could be construed as concerning.

• Hmm
I know for a fact there are games where p meta talk is banned, just as there are games where no mod or sub meta is allowed either. But I've never played one, so I don't know exactly how that works.

Much like how we've generally not allowed looking at online activity in other threads to be discussed in game, for example, I imagine, it's like many things that effectively relies on the players to self police it, with the mods being able to come in and say "This convo is going into banned territory," or like, "hey, take that comment out it's not within the rules." And the warnings could happen in role PM or on thread. And players can also say "your argument is invalid because we're not using p meta so there's no way for me to know that or use it in my analysis.

I mean, no it isn't wiping away p meta like anonymous accounts or new accounts might, however it does make it somewhat less available to the whole class and it at least forces people to more focus their arguments on what's going on in the specific game they're in and less on others.

Also, welcome 🥰

Forgive me, it was too easy

As AM said, 2-3 would make sense. SDN has been fairly village-sided recently so if it's 2, I would expect them to have quite juicy PRs.

Also, given what I know about Dubz and Zenge, I would not expect a ton of purely vanilla roles. From other games of theirs I've been in or co-modded, they prefer to give everyone at least a little ability (like fruit vendor type stuff). So expect general schnanigans.

Idk if its... The tone? But the three of them are like a very general approach and like a lack of direct interaction? Maybe the most interaction that there is there is saying hello to jjj wowee

I believe Santygrass is town.

1/6

• Care
Also since I signed up I was thinking of a meme song as goated as Pony Salvaje realted to clocks but couldnt think of one. I feel like a failure, but at the same time I think that Pony Salvaje is unmatched

• Care
Idk if its... The tone? But the three of them are like a very general approach and like a lack of direct interaction? Maybe the most interaction that there is there is saying hello to jjj wowee
Have you played with True before? IMO, and the opinion of many others who have played multiple games with him, he just kind of always sounds wolfy regardless of aff with more general talk than direct interaction, which is what you're noticing here. I haven't played in a while so I can't remember if I ever picked up on any way to tell wolfy-village-true from actual-wolfy true. A good thing to keep an eye on either way