How to Get AWWay with Murder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow. Thank you STL. Part of me is shocked you weren't lying, the other part is majorly relieved.
STL is the idiot savant of the village, you always give his first hunch a pass.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
And by pass, I mean you just let it happen and see if he's correct- I don't think I've ever seen him pretend to idiot savant as a wolf.

Reactions: 4 users
Cover roles likely based on this? Show people? wiki says she is a main character.

Well during LK the cover roles were a mix of main, major, and minor characters so could be the case this game? So role reveals are unhelpful?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well damn, idiot savant indead! Color me impressed. I like the way you back them into a corner where they couldn't defend nohika even if they wanted to.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, that was interesting! Still a little confused on the details of STL's abilities, and I'm curious to see if he'll actually be coming back.

Cover roles likely based on this? Show people? wiki says she is a main character.
Looks like it, I definitely would have expected Bonnie to be in the game but no one contradicted her.

I definitely would have expected Bonnie to be in the game but no one contradicted her.

I thought the same but I think a few people didn't say anything today so maybe there is a Bonnie? Definitely would have expected Bonnie in the game...

I thought the same but I think a few people didn't say anything today so maybe there is a Bonnie? Definitely would have expected Bonnie in the game...
If it wasn't a cover role, that was a pretty ballsy choice to claim a main character.

People actually remember who modded the last game? Either I have a ****ty memory or more important things to remember.

Hahahaha. That's why I said I'd happily lynch or kill them - I can't remember who it is.

Hell, I can't even remember if *I* modded the last game.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For what it's worth I realize the burden of being investigated early, but lynching you guys seems so much harder without that, sometimes impossible because you're good players. That'd not your fault and I acknowledge your point.

Just keep playing. I know you feel like you've played a lot, but you really haven't. Experienced players don't "not get lynched" out of some code of honor where we gang up on the n00bs ... they avoid getting lynched because either people have a better feel for their play style or they've learned how to not be suspicious. New players tend to say sketchy things. It just is what it is.

Guarantee you if I came out here and Rojo'd, SOV would lynch my ass in a heartbeat. He wouldn't hold back just because I've played longer than you.

(It still amuses me to have "rojoing" defined as posting something in thread that you meant to send to your fellow wolves.)

Reactions: 1 users
STL is the idiot savant of the village, you always give his first hunch a pass.
I still remember a game, i think SOV game, where there were a lot of disconnected wolves, STL called for banding together, and I was all for it. No one else did though so I had to play it off... bahahaha

N2 -

Laurel Castillo, the wallflower, didn't seem like much of a threat. But they say it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for and someone seemed to be taking that very seriously. She wasn't hurting anybody but someone thought that she needed to be eliminated. She was working late at the legal clinic when she was shot. Her body was found the next morning.

Dead is Lupin - Laurel Castillo, a law student and VILLAGER who could ask the mods a question each night

On the other side of town there was a break in. Fortunately, the intruder was scared off when they realized the occupant of the house was awake but they dropped a knife at the scene of the crime.

It is now day 2. Deadline is 8pm EDT.

23 players remain
Roster:
The Law Office of Annalise Keating
1. @Mr. Coopah
2. @Caiter92
3. @LetItSnow
4. @DVMDream
5. @wallydo

The Courthouse
6. @genny
7. @Animal Midwife
9. @Filly Bay

Middleton University
11. @Coopah
12. @Mad Jack
13. @bjeh
14. @Karabiner13
15. @cheathac

The Police Station
16. @SnowshoeDog143
17. @PrincessButterCup
18. @SARdoghandler / @LadyOtheFarm (Farmdoggo)
19. @Trilt / @PippyPony (Trippy)
20. @StartingoverVet

Wes’ Apartment
22. @SandstormDVM
23. @nyanko
24. @WeimMama
25. @Jilary
26. @LyraGardenia

The Graveyard
8. @SummerTheLynx - Meggy
21. @nohika - Todd Denver
10. @Lupin21 - Laurel Castillo

Do you know your protection will even work though you are dying? If you had been killed right away, that protection wouldn't work on nohika. so I just want to double check before we lynch a potential villager thinking she'll be protected and then she isn't.
Feelz.

People actually remember who modded the last game? Either I have a ****ty memory or more important things to remember.
Agreed
LYNCH NOHIKA. Seems like a pretty safe bet for a Day 1 lynch because I think we get a wolf out of it either way. If nohika turns out to be village then STL surely is a wolf. And if nohika is a wolf then yay villagers! Really doubt STL would lie this hard on day 1.
huh?

Ah, I see now. Sorry, doing that whole catch up posting thing.

Thank you STL!

So that answers my lupin question :( (to my pm partners)

No STL...? :cryi:

I guess he couldn't revive himself?.. weird because he was given 24 hours which is a day and night cycle.. so he should have known he was going to die and then had a night to use the revive action

Srsly, why you gotta kill my Lupes !!!?+pissed+

I am completely impartial :whistle:

blowkiss.gif

lynch cheat that post about getting a wolf either way really hits me the wrong way. sure, nohika was a wolf, but like, that wasn't really a slam dunk thing that either would be a wolf so it's a weird post IMO

lynch cheat that post about getting a wolf either way really hits me the wrong way. sure, nohika was a wolf, but like, that wasn't really a slam dunk thing that either would be a wolf so it's a weird post IMO

Oooo. Nice.

***unlynch lyra***

***lynch cheat***

I wasaconfused by this post as well. there wasn't a wolf eithe rway. If nohika was a villager she would live and stl would still die so who would be the wolf ? it was definitealy a weird post.

I am the other person attacked last night...someone tried to kill me...but they couldn't ...for reasons,,,,

I don't know anything about the knife though. Mods didn't mention that to me, maybe someone has a role to use that evidence?

I have a light schedule today so will participate in some discussions!

Yup. Veterans NEVER get killed early..........

***lynch lyra***
You can't argue it's not less common, lol. And night killed is one thing; lot of older players it's more lynching that just won't happen early game and that grants some level of immunity.

I think cheat is just new and a lil confused. I'm gonna say:

Lynch Lyra

Based on some fairly forced feeling comments that echo her play in Lion King.

Lynch Lyra

Despite her wanting to discuss other people, I feel like a lot of her posts were about being confused about STL's abilities.

I'm surprised by the first 2 wolf targets. I know I haven't played many games at all, but in the ones I've read through it seems like 2 well-known veterans like STL and Lupin don't die so early on (or at least it's less common). Makes me think more of what STL said:
Really, who has the gall to go for the last mod. That's a respect thing among veterans. Makes me wonder if we have a more noob focused wolf pack
I'm also surprised STL didn't come back.

I raised an eyebrow a bit at cheathac's post as well, but I also agree with Trilt's interpretation that she may just be confused. It doesn't really scream sketch to me (has she played any games previously? I haven't played in quite a while and honestly can't remember).

I'm willing to jump on a Lyra lynch but I want to hear a bit more from her first.

I haven't really gotten any feels from Lyra, but I'm going back to read through the LK game. Anybody know off the top of their head any other game she wolfed in?

Going for the easy sketchy noob vote, nyanko? Not a fan of that from you, particularly in conjunction with who's dead right now.

sent from ma fone

I'm surprised by the first 2 wolf targets. I know I haven't played many games at all, but in the ones I've read through it seems like 2 well-known veterans like STL and Lupin don't die so early on (or at least it's less common).

Again, I think it's kinda pointless to speculate on the collective *experience* level of the wolf pack based on targets. It could be a noob pack who is scared, sure. But it could just as easily be a veteran wolf pack that is picking other veterans as targets specifically so it will look noobish.

If you're going to do kill analysis, I think it's more effective to do it on an individualized basis (i.e. I think nyanko miiiight go for those targets because I've wolfed with her in the past and have some idea of who she might like to get off the board)

sent from ma fone

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm surprised by the first 2 wolf targets. I know I haven't played many games at all, but in the ones I've read through it seems like 2 well-known veterans like STL and Lupin don't die so early on (or at least it's less common). Makes me think more of what STL said:

I'm also surprised STL didn't come back.
First thRee targets, don't forget about me!

Reactions: 3 users