dWungeons and dWagons mafia D1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, I’m assuming it’s the giant beast about to emerge from the ground. If we kill it and win and the game is still going, I’ll re-evaluate then. For now it seems clear this is our primary focus and likely going to win us the game if we win.
The and in all caps made it seem like that wasn’t the case

Members don't see this ad.

Also love that I went on a tinfoil rant yesterday about italics and wincons and alignment and today the wincons no longer matters. It’s like Clem gave me my dream scenario for all my miserable dice rolls. Thanks Clem, I’m sure it was out of kindness and not planned at all.

Now the question is would this always have happened d4? Or would it just have happened once we yeeted the mod? Hmmmm

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That's not how I see it, nor how it's written for me. My wincon says i need to defeat the beast AND all of the goblin king's enemies - the and was capitalized. That leads me to believe they are separate things that need to be done.
I guess I didn’t realize the AND was implying there was a difference. I sort of assumed multiple things would be emerging from the ground at one and we needed to defeat them all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry my stimulants are wearing off and I’m really tired and my brain is pinging in like 6 different directions again.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I guess I didn’t realize the AND was implying there was a difference. I sort of assumed multiple things would be emerging from the ground at one and we needed to defeat them all.
You know what that’s fair enough. If this beast has some kind of army that emerges that could be it.

There’s no rosters and I don’t have the mental capacity to go day by day and see who was rezzed and alive so imma do this by memory I think the only one dead pre d2 was moon and then I died d2?
Since then of those who are left dubz has died and Kate has died?
Is that right?

@Zenge142, I was thinking in the shower and needed to get this out there before it left my brain is your item in italics? Before you use it check it out and make sure it isn’t going to blow up in your face using it or anything cause items in this game are evil. *grumble margarita grumble*

Updated roster:

Living:
shelter
Zenge
samac v2
genny
mkg
Poppy
Dubz v2
Kate v2

Dead:
DSV

Fully Dead:
shorty
Moonster

Does anyone want to fess up to getting a cult invite on D2 lol

I would guess no because they had to have accepted since we know the cause of death of all the v2s here. Unless PSV was invited and declined? I don't remember when she died and why (if known)

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually there is an Evil Baron, who’s fomenting rebellion in the woods with amphibians. This might be the other enemies of the King

Is the evil baron an npc?
Yes. As far as I know.

I have a device that can tell me if someone has been contacted by the evil baron, I assume for recruitment

• Hmm
Nope I was just dead.
As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So I guess I was dead, but not dead dead

• Care
```The Beast Emerges.```

*The ground quakes and trembles, and finally cracks open. Splinters of sod and grass fly everywhere. Trees are uprooted. Birds are rendered homeless. Mass chaos amongst the wealthy badger community ensues. Out of the widening chasm climbs a monster, larger and more terrifying than anything I could possibly describe, so I will just put it this way--it looks like a huge purple duck with arms and a set of tentacles on its back. The duck surveys the goblin army arrayed against it, and emits a fearsomely deep quack.*

The duck will take its first action in approximately 2 hours, at 8pm edt. If you want to do anything creative before then submit your action in #the-battlefield otherwise I will do something sensible for you. There's no penalty for not submitting an action, we all have time constraints!

• Haha
```The Beast Emerges.```

*The ground quakes and trembles, and finally cracks open. Splinters of sod and grass fly everywhere. Trees are uprooted. Birds are rendered homeless. Mass chaos amongst the wealthy badger community ensues. Out of the widening chasm climbs a monster, larger and more terrifying than anything I could possibly describe, so I will just put it this way--it looks like a huge purple duck with arms and a set of tentacles on its back. The duck surveys the goblin army arrayed against it, and emits a fearsomely deep quack.*

The duck will take its first action in approximately 2 hours, at 8pm edt. If you want to do anything creative before then submit your action in #the-battlefield otherwise I will do something sensible for you. There's no penalty for not submitting an action, we all have time constraints!
PURPLE QUACKTHULU

2ED24EEA-6726-4085-B91E-77DFF2D4B085.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OH MY GOD IVE SEEN THIS CLIP AND FORGOT. I GUESS ITS TRUE WHAT THEY SAY, NO MATTER WHAT CREATIVE IDEA YOU HAVE MATT MERCER DID IT FIRST
I just spent a stupid amount of money yesterday to meet them in New York.
:heckyeah:

• Care
Genny, sheltermed, and Zenge all get hit by the """Duck's""" Terrifying Quack. Genny takes 10 hp of damage, sheltermed takes 11, and zenge takes 15.

Kate whaps the """Duck""" and does 8 points of damage.

Samac tries valiantly to hold the """Duck""" in place via magic, but underestimates the sheer size and strength of this monstrosity.

Samac's imp guides genny to the perfect spot, and genny leaps, gracefully stabbing the duck in its butt, dealing it a whopping 17 points of damage.

Sheltermed valiantly attempts to draw the """Duck's""" attention by honking the hummer's horn real loud, but unfortunately the beast is too focused to have its attention pulled away so easily.

Plumpoppy misses her attack, dubz does 9 points of damage, mkg does 8, and zenge does 8.

All told you've done 50 points of damage! The """Duck""" is shaken, but still on its webbed feet.

Round 2 is at approximately 11pm eastern, in just under 2 hours.

It’s a once per cycle thing.
If you are looking for opinions and haven't used it yet, I'd use it on mkg and/or genny. I feel like most others have been accounted for via either their cause of death or several investigation checks. I don't remember if it's been said already but I think it's possible the recruitments only happen on odd days

The """Duck's""" tentacles lash out, in a roiling mass of anime-esque horror and violence. The first one smacks wetly into Kate, another connects with samac through the hummer window (maybe roll that up?), shelter dodges a third, the fourth hits dubz with a moist thud, the fifth just barely misses Shelter as she dives out of the way again, a sixth catching zenge square in the shin, the last two connecting with dubz and poppy in a nauseatingly damp squelch.

Kate takes 6 points of damage. Dubz takes 8, samac takes 8, zenge takes 8, and poppy takes 4.

Genny stabs it in the butt again, eliciting a howl of pain and indignation as she deals 10 points of damage.

Kate tries to disembowel the beast magically, but in the heat of the moment and with the tentacles swinging, she says the wrong spell and turns a distant tree purple instead.

Poppy whaps the beasts grotesque shins, each graceful strike a work of art, dealing it 14 points of damage.

Samac shoots raw power out of her finger tips (ohhhhhhhh ok that must be why the window is open), but the flailing tentacles disturb her aim and all she hits is a newly purple tree in the distance.

Sheltermed heals herself with the divine power of salted almonds, recovering 11 hp. The """Duck""" remains unconvinced of her efforts to distract it.^

^||I did roll this before anything else but im including it here so all your stuff is together||

The raccoons nibble and scratch the """Duck's""" ankles, dealing 1 point of damage, and attempt to trip the monster. They fail and scurry away before the beast can deliver baleful retribution.

Zenge attempts to stab the monster, but quickly realizes he misjudged the length of his dagger. Probably because it's cold out, it could honestly happen to anyone.

Dubz attacks and deals 8 points of damage.

In this round, you have dealt the """Duck""" 33 points of damage collectively. It's swaying and shaking, it's losing feathers, it's got a duck season poster on its chest. It's in a bad way guys.

Round 3 will be tomorrow at approximately 12pm eastern (just over 12 hours from now). Players that have taken damage will receive a hit point total in their private channel shortly. If you haven't taken damage you're still at 40 HP.

If you are looking for opinions and haven't used it yet, I'd use it on mkg and/or genny. I feel like most others have been accounted for via either their cause of death or several investigation checks. I don't remember if it's been said already but I think it's possible the recruitments only happen on odd days
I agree with this - probably MKG.
Shelter and I have had a pm and I feel pretty good about them, especially their reaction to zenge and some skepticism around win cons which makes me feel like she got the exact same message I got.
Genny I rolled a 14 on an investigation check that says she’s village genny. I thought it was a 16 at first but went and looked back and I have reading comprehension issues.
I don’t want to forget about this aspect of the game because I’ve been focused on the battle and I’m worried we’re going to just have another day where we scramble for what the **** that is going on. Unless the answer is yeet Clem again. I like yeeting the mod.

For now I’m going to
Yeet mkg
@Clem J

The """Duck""" opens its bill, emitting a terrible, grinding, bone shaking "QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKK." Most of you hold firm, but Poppy and Samac are both shaken to their cores. Poppy takes 18 points of damage, and samac takes 17.

The beast pauses, looking to the ground for a long moment. When it rears its fearsome head again there is a renewed fire in its eyes, and you remember an old adage: "There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded duck with tentacles and arms."

With a soggy whirring sound the monstrosity winds its tentacles up, releasing them in another flurry of attacks. The first one comes for zenge...and misses! Another comes for dubz and connects. Two go for shelter--she dodges the first one but the second connects. Another two go for mkg, who dodges the first one only to be caught in the shins by the second. Shelter takes another blow from a slimy tentacle, and the last one whips across genny's legs.

Shelter returns the """Duck's""" blows with her mace, dealing it 7 points of damage.

Poppy attacks, the lights on her armor distracting the horror and allowing her to get a hit, dealing 13 points of damage.

From the Tentacle Attacks, dubz took 1 hp of damage, shelter took 3, mkg took 7, and genny took 8.

Dubz hits it for 7 points. Samac hits it for 8, and genny hits it for 7.

The """Duck""" sways, starting to fall, but plants its unnatural arms and pushes itself back up, defiance in its eyes, fighting off impending doom...

...until Kate hits it, dealing 4 points of damage. The monstrosity sways, its eyes glazing over like frosted donuts, and crashes to the ground, defeated and dead.

Unfortunately that crashing...it's....it's coming right for you! Well, all of you except genny, who is still behind it stabbing it in the butt.

The Great Beast comes crashing down. With incredible dexterity Shelter manages to dodge out of the way of the descending dinner-to-be, escaping without a scratch. Her compatriots, unfortunately, are not as lucky.

Poppy takes 10 hp of damage, dubz takes 5, samac takes 6, Kate takes 7, mkg takes 15, and zenge takes 11.

Zenge pops a quick healing potion, recovering 14 hp.

The """Duck""" is dead!!! You've all successfully survived the encounter!!! Good job!!! For the remainder of the cycle you may only use your role action, if you haven't already. After some regrouping and assessing the damage, the Goblin King will be rewarding some of you for your bravery and distinguished service.^

^in game terms some of you will get something a bit after day close.

Actually there is an Evil Baron, who’s fomenting rebellion in the woods with amphibians. This might be the other enemies of the King
Now that we’re done with the battle and you’re trying to burn down the forest, where did the evil baron info come from?

I went through my discussion with dubz and announcements and don’t see any mention of a baron

Now that we’re done with the battle and you’re trying to burn down the forest, where did the evil baron info come from?

I went through my discussion with dubz and announcements and don’t see any mention of a baron
I had 3 questions to ask the king.

I asked about best armor (up the mountain) I asked about the best artifact (lost with dead shorty). And I asked what would be the most helpful service our group could provide and he mentioned rumors of rebellion fomenting in the woods, being led by the evil baron.

I also have the spyglass which tells me if someone has been contacted by the evil baron.

I used it on MKG. she “doesn’t seem corrupted but I didn’t have time to rummage through her things. I rolled a 9.

I had 3 questions to ask the king.

I asked about best armor (up the mountain) I asked about the best artifact (lost with dead shorty). And I asked what would be the most helpful service our group could provide and he mentioned rumors of rebellion fomenting in the woods, being led by the evil baron.

I also have the spyglass which tells me if someone has been contacted by the evil baron.

I used it on MKG. she “doesn’t seem corrupted but I didn’t have time to rummage through her things. I rolled a 9.
How did you get the questions to ask the king?

@Zenge142 has died! He flips:

You are **David Bowie,** a *Chaotic Good* **Rogue** *Elf.* Each cycle you can **Spiders From Mars** someone or you can *A Lad Insane* them.

Or you can do something else entirely, this is a game that rewards creativity and ingenuity!

Day continues.

• Care
@Zenge142 has died! He flips:

You are **David Bowie,** a *Chaotic Good* **Rogue** *Elf.* Each cycle you can **Spiders From Mars** someone or you can *A Lad Insane* them.

Or you can do something else entirely, this is a game that rewards creativity and ingenuity!

Day continues.
Oh **** wtf

Welp.
I was skeptical about what he was saying. But apparently somebody wasn’t so it’s probably true.

We’ll hope exactly me and shelter are right without anyone else’s opinion
:shrug:

Am I wrong on when day closes? Am I nuts? Does it not close today?

• Care