Mountains - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Day 5 Yeet Tally
genny (2)
- Zenge, PSV

2/7
yeet close in ~2.5 hours

Members don't see this ad.

Cray pls. This is like herding cats. It’s not an easy task.
Lol doesn't help that that sentence is also exactly how wolves feel towards end game.

Anyway, yes I'm paranoid, but besides TN's death and these last two sentences, and your wife's removal from game (ugh using the D word here didn't feel right) I can't claim, I have no other good reasons to suspect you from what I can tell.

In any case, when would you like me to drop my vote?

Members don't see this ad :)
o, what are the chances Zenge is bussing and that's why he didn't die last night?
Pretty sure the goal is to make you paranoid about it, like you are now.

I’d like to remind you that not only have I never bussed, I’ve literally never even voted for a pack mate.

I could be wrong about genny, but I don’t think I am, and I certainly wouldn’t have bussed Dolphin.

Furthermore, I would have NEVER killed Paws N1 like that, when she hasn’t even played in almost 6 months. Especially in a mountainous game where mechanics are irrelevant and it’s purely based on reads, since Paws and I have only played a couple games together and thus she wouldn’t know how to read me.

You’ve trusted me this far Cray, don’t let the wolves stoke your paranoia and fear.

Reactions: 3 users
In any case, when would you like me to drop my vote?
Whenever, we still need either Vis or Speechy to vote.

Unless, Mayo busses genny, assuming we’re right about a Mayo/genny pack.

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty sure the goal is to make you paranoid about it, like you are now.

I’d like to remind you that not only have I never bussed, I’ve literally never even voted for a pack mate.

I could be wrong about genny, but I don’t think I am, and I certainly wouldn’t have bussed Dolphin.

Furthermore, I would have NEVER killed Paws N1 like that, when she hasn’t even played in almost 6 months. Especially in a mountainous game where mechanics are irrelevant and it’s purely based on reads, since Paws and I have only played a couple games together and thus she wouldn’t know how to read me.

You’ve trusted me this far Cray, don’t let the wolves stoke your paranoia and fear.
Yeah, I always feel better voicing any suspicions and getting responses from others. Whole way the game is solved lol. But side effect of making me feel better.

These are good points.

I totally get genny being salty about being voted if she's village, but that hardly makes participating (I get that she's also busy IRL) not worth doing. So that defeatist attitude I find worrying. Feel like she's done more to deflect or stoke sus than wolf hunt this game.

Might be hypocritical coming from me. But in any case I thought I might get misyeated earlier and I still came on to defend even not being caught up.

I totally get genny being salty about being voted if she's village, but that hardly makes participating (I get that she's also busy IRL) not worth doing. So that defeatist attitude I find worrying. Feel like she's done more to deflect or stoke sus than wolf hunt this game.
I get that too. It’s very hard to reconcile that her not being here to participate is NAI and she may also be a wolf.

I’m not voting her for the lack of content, I’m primarily voting her for the defense of Dolphin. There have been other posts that have pinged me too.

I could be wrong, but I think a Dolphin/genny/Mayo pack fits. It’s makes sense.

Reactions: 1 users
speechy is chatting with the neighbors. She told me she would catch up on thread but I find that highly unlikely at the moment.
I'm wondering whether mayo is going to drop by at all prior to yeet close or no.

I get that genny has IRL stuff happening rn so WW isn't her biggest priority but her play this entire game has felt like wolfy pop-ins. Even if she's village.

The fact that this has been such a low-posting game has made it harder to wolfhunt, I feel. I mean, I'm typically maybe the fourth or fifth highest poster and I'm number one this game. Dubz and shorty getting killed early as well as samac totting have had way more of an effect than I thought.
You don't notice how helpful the major high posters are until you've lost them.

• Care
After genny I’d vote Mayo. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t the pack but if there was a wolf left after that, probably Vis or maybe speechy, but I’m more inclined to think Vis in that scenario. But that’s only if we’ve flipped Mayo and genny and there’s still a wolf.
I was thinking the same as you. genny and mayo

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
The refusal to reconsider speechy is also really pinging me. You’re saying you’ve been panicking and reevaluating, but I’ve never seem evidence of you reevaluating speechy. The apparent inconsistency looks like wolf choosing a villager to consistently read village for the appearance of continuity in their reads, and forgetting that if they’re claiming panic and paranoia, it wouldn’t make sense for them to hard village read someone throughout the game based on tone when that person hasn’t posted much and has no meta.
What makes you uncertain about me? Is there something specific or are you more keeping an open mind about everyone?

Explain to me why they didn't kill Zenge instead.

Regardless of True's ultimate villager status, you, noob, should still be asking yourself this question, because Zenge was also very village read. I also might have made a decent choice since I'm in the blocc with Zenge.

The wolves don't just need to kill off the most villagiest. They also need to consider how well those they leave alive will.work together AND where those villagers are most likely to vote. While I might be the easiest participant in the bloc (not gonna say I'm in the bloc owing to the lack of trust on me, but I am participating in it anyway by casting my vote with the bloc) to misyeet right now because of sus let's say, if Zenge is village and his reads are accurate, the fact that I will for sure vote with Zenge, could pose a greater danger if say TN was either more likely to be persuaded to vote for a misyeet.

So this is not just a game of kill the most villagiest. It's also a game of, which villagers are most likely to turn on each other or not vote with each other.

You also have to consider 2 things when the person who appears to be town leader of the block doesn't die: are they really town, and if so, are their reads correct?

That is what True's death is making me think about.

Also bonus points to all yall, you don't lose a game just because you think about stuff. You can think about the unlikely all you want. It's not going to magically make us lose the game to wonder if in that one game Shorty was a 3P with kill powers, when she is actually the town leader and I'm just paranoid.

Because you can shoot down an idea or a diagnosis. But you can never catch an unlikely diagnosis if you never even consider it.

My background in medicine is thus. Patient in their 20s comes in complaining of dizziness after a hot day. Top differential is dehydration. But I don't miss that diagnosis just because I also consider heart attack, or even cerebellar stroke, which would be rare. I put it on the differential and I order it.

I've even said, I'll consider I’ve been converted a wolf and don't even know it in this mountainous game, because it's bastard and we don't know. That isnt the same thing as me saying that's likely. But I'll consider it if only to say it isn't likely.

So, what are the chances Zenge is bussing and that's why he didn't die last night? I would base this partly on, who is he pushing to yeet today, and independently of Zenge, do we think that's a good read for who is wolf?

It's only by at least considering the less likely scenarios, that you can ever hope not to be taken completely unawares by wolves infiltrating the bloc, bussing, or 3Ps. Just is, guys.

Try not.to get twitterpated at the simple fact I stopped.to ask myself if I should still trust Zenge today, and that I didn't expect TN's death over his. I kinda need to do that since I don't have a lot of time and have to sheep.Zenge. I am relying on. What you all make of him.

Also, if the wolves were trying to discredit Zenge or make him look wolfy, just my asking the question. Could be an opening for someone to reveal themselves.

This is also what asking strange questions will net you. You see who else seems overly excited about it.
I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying. You think Zenge could be a wolf but he's pushing to yeet other wolves to trick us into thinking he's village? And that's also potentially why he wasn't killed last night?

This is fair, but I would like to know what you think of Zenge in case you flip village. Basically, what you say could matter I'd you're village...so let's hear it
I'd also like to know because I'm mostly basing my vote off of other people's arguments since I don't really know genny. I've looked back at her comments but that doesn't tell me too much.

Reactions: 2 users
I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying. You think Zenge could be a wolf but he's pushing to yeet other wolves to trick us into thinking he's village? And that's also potentially why he wasn't killed last night?
It’s a theory she’s floating, but it’s not what she’s primarily committed to.

On the contrary she’s voting with me to yeet genny.

But she like to air potential theories and concerns, even if they’re not her primary suspicions.

Might be hypocritical coming from me. But in any case I thought I might get misyeated earlier and I still came on to defend even not being caught up.
I think that's a reason why I find her a little suspicious. If you're village, wouldn't you want to try to make it known instead of just accepting that you're getting voted out? As far as I can remember, I haven't really seen her make a case for being village

Hi. Explain your thoughts
genny for what I guess y'all call not contributing to village? I don't see much defense at all or any reason for us to think she might be village. I also think the other arguments I've seen against her are convincing. mayo because of tone early on and just giving off an air of wolf. Mostly a feeling with him.

genny for what I guess y'all call not contributing to village? I don't see much defense at all or any reason for us to think she might be village. I also think the other arguments I've seen against her are convincing. mayo because of tone early on and just giving off an air of wolf. Mostly a feeling with him.
although I wouldn't look too much into her defense of dolphin because I also defended dolphin towards the beginning. I probably wouldn't have voted for her on my own if I hadn't read all the other arguments that convinced me.

although I wouldn't look too much into her defense of dolphin because I also defended dolphin towards the beginning. I probably wouldn't have voted for her on my own if I hadn't read all the other arguments that convinced me.
I think the primary issue with her defense of Dolphin was, when Dolphin wasn't getting much sus, someone asked her how she was reading them and she responded "village." Not village side of neutral, not neutral, not "idk," but village. Since it seems many/most people in this game have never played with Dolphin before and genny has, this was a massive way to drive thread thinking with one very short post. My or your opinion of Dolphin don't matter as much as hers, essentially.

This part is lol

Final Day 5 Yeet Tally
genny (4)
- Zenge, PSV, Cray, mayo

4/7
Missing: genny, speechy, Vis

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Dead is @genny La Montagne, mafia goon

The_arrest_of_Robespierre_cropped_50.jpg

Roster
2. @speechy_keen
3. @potentialsheltervet
4. @Crayola227
5. @holdthemayo
6. @Viscernable
8. @Zenge142

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Zenge was right. I DO understand why there were no mountains in his profile picture.

• Love
I will also

yeet mayo

Because of reasons I've expressed previously and his interactions with the other wolves

• Care
Final Day 6 Yeet Tally
mayo (3)
- Vis, PSV, speechy

3/5
Missing: Cray, mayo

Dead is @holdthemayo Brokeback, mafia goon

Brokeback_Mountain.jpg

TOWN WINS
Roster