Mountains - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Day 4 Yeet Tally
Cray (1) - dolphin
PSV () -
dolphin (4) - Zenge, PSV, Cray, True
mayo (1) - Vis

6/9
yeet close in ~6.5 hours

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright. It’s been over an hour, so I’ll say it. Funny as it was, that post from genny, regardless of affiliation, was like the quintessential

Wolfy Pop-in™️

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I like the dolphin vote. I think they are compatible with most people as a wolf.

I’m extremely sus of psv and speechy.

I could see zenges as compatible with most people too.

Cray or genny as well.

I guess I only trust Vis and true.

• Care
I’ve been in games where we have voted based on low activity and soundly lost to more active wolves. I’m worried we are at risk of repeating that mistake.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright. It’s been over an hour, so I’ll say it. Funny as it was, that post from genny, regardless of affiliation, was like the quintessential

Wolfy Pop-in™️
No, wolfy pop ins are when someone mentions you, and you show up immediately to protest your innocence. I posted about balls.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I posted about balls.
1651014931844.gif

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay but like... can we not try to dismantle what baby village bloc we have? I get genny and mayo aren't eager to yeet themselves and are probably trying to sprinkle sus of True by both village reading him (for some reason?) but I'm hoping no one else will go there because I'm pretty confident that is intentional misdirection.

• Care
mayo's vote has me thinking.
I know mayo will bus when it's helpful for wolves to do so considering he nearly got me yoten D

• Hmm
  • Haha
Ugh, pressed the wrong key too early and now it looks like an innuendo.
...yoten D1 last game. If I were mayo, what would make the most sense would be to hammer dolphin and try to claim some village cred for that. Instead, he's voting off-wagon. My suspicion is that if mayo and dolph were w/w, mayo would conclude she is not salvageable and would go ahead and yeet her now.
So that's leaving me with two options:
1. Dolphin is a wolf and mayo is not.
2. mayo is a wolf and Dolphin is not. From a wolfy point of view, it may seem concrete that Dolphin is going to get yoten. Perhaps better to hide off-wagon than to hop on the wagon of someone you know is village.
And tbh, I think scenario two is looking more likely. I'm mentally circling back around to genny/mayo/Cray as the pack, or possibly some combination of genny, mayo, Cray, and Zenge.

• Hmm
...yoten D1 last game. If I were mayo, what would make the most sense would be to hammer dolphin and try to claim some village cred for that. Instead, he's voting off-wagon. My suspicion is that if mayo and dolph were w/w, mayo would conclude she is not salvageable and would go ahead and yeet her now.
2. mayo is a wolf and Dolphin is not. From a wolfy point of view, it may seem concrete that Dolphin is going to get yoten. Perhaps better to hide off-wagon than to hop on the wagon of someone you know is village.
And tbh, I think scenario two is looking more likely. I'm mentally circling back around to genny/mayo/Cray as the pack, or possibly some combination of genny, mayo, Cray, and Zenge.
I mean, if the pack is Dolphin/Mayo/Genny, which has been discussed, I think hoping for someone to get cold feet and maybe get a wagon going elsewhere is preferable.

If either Mayo or Genny voted Dolphin, I wouldn’t be overly keen to village read them, regardless. So if they won’t get credit, why bother?

Easier to hold out and try and cause enough confusion and concern to try and get a misyeet.

• Hmm
Time for another delicious ketchup post!

I mean, since we are 1 vote away from maj, I think the fact that no one has come on and been like “Oh let me just vote so I get something down! Oh what? I hammered?! Whoops. Lol :dead:

Is sort of telling.

I’d expect if we had it wrong, with our misyeet options so low, we would have seen wolves capitalize on the situation and “accidentally” hammer.
I was waiting for the same thing. Given that I'm confident the wolves are veterans at this point (unless Speechy is a savant and/or PSV has upped her game (which could have happened, and she's not cleared for me)), it could have been too obvious.

I don't think anyone but Zenge has a strong reputation for not bussing (I'm doing my best to develop one, but I acknowledge that it takes more than two wolf games to do that), right? Honestly, one sign that Mayo might not be a wolf is how many villagers he's voted for :p

If I was in a pack with Cray, I wouldn’t have let the Cray/Sunny vote go down to the wire like that, knowing that anyone could have broken the tie, moving from Sunny to Cray, and hammered my pack mate.

That’s too risky to just leave up in the air like that.
I agree that it's not reasonable for you to be W/W with Cray.

Okay but like... can we not try to dismantle what baby village bloc we have? I get genny and mayo aren't eager to yeet themselves and are probably trying to sprinkle sus of True by both village reading him (for some reason?) but I'm hoping no one else will go there because I'm pretty confident that is intentional misdirection.
Eh, I don't know if its an effort to sus me so much as I'm an obvious villager this game and it's free real estate for both villagers and wolves to give a read of me. Giving fewer reads is wolfy behavior, which both villagers and wolves try to avoid.

(Fitting, too, since this is a vanilla game and I'm literally Vanilla)

Eh, there's more wiggle room than that, because Mayo is both very shrewd and also (I believe him) very busy.

Making a decision on bussing a packmate isn't something you want to do when you're glancing at your phone walking down the hallway.

Neither is potentially yeeting a fellow villager if you're village.

Okay, time for that Dolphin ISO I've wanted to do all day.

Unyeet Dolphin

No one took the hammer bait and I want time to look over her posts.

Time for another delicious ketchup post!

I was waiting for the same thing. Given that I'm confident the wolves are veterans at this point (unless Speechy is a savant and/or PSV has upped her game (which could have happened, and she's not cleared for me)), it could have been too obvious.

I don't think anyone but Zenge has a strong reputation for not bussing (I'm doing my best to develop one, but I acknowledge that it takes more than two wolf games to do that), right? Honestly, one sign that Mayo might not be a wolf is how many villagers he's voted for :p

I agree that it's not reasonable for you to be W/W with Cray.

Eh, I don't know if its an effort to sus me so much as I'm an obvious villager this game and it's free real estate for both villagers and wolves to give a read of me. Giving fewer reads is wolfy behavior, which both villagers and wolves try to avoid.

(Fitting, too, since this is a vanilla game and I'm literally Vanilla)

Eh, there's more wiggle room than that, because Mayo is both very shrewd and also (I believe him) very busy.

Making a decision on bussing a packmate isn't something you want to do when you're glancing at your phone walking down the hallway.

Neither is potentially yeeting a fellow villager if you're village.

Okay, time for that Dolphin ISO I've wanted to do all day.
eh, I wouldn't get so attached to some idea of building a rep for not bussing as a wolf. That isn't very compelling for some players, and I would argue that it just shouldn't be. You never know what game you'll be in, that the conditions make it that bussing is the only viable wolf strategy. So beyond just being open to doing it yourself as a wolf, then it's also about the fact that it's hard as a villager to ever know enough to know if a player not otherwise known for bussing got backed into a corner or some such. It's just risky to exclude as a possibility, which is why some players never will when analyzing if someone is a wolf or not.

My best advice is to just play each game as well as you can, and assume the same of others. I would really hope that people would do that to the best of their ability and also IRL constraints. No one playing with you really wants a wolfy someone to throw a current game because of their village meta.

• Love
Yes, you've been sus of me this whole game. Explain speechy.
Speechy is getting a pass for being a noob who hasn't panicked. Despite not having really contributed to the village.

Noob wolves win with a good pack all the time. The fact that she hasn't openly panicked on thread is not enough to clear her.

Unyeet Dolphin

No one took the hammer bait and I want time to look over her posts.
this isn't a reason to unyeet though, BTW. If she is a wolf in the lead and about to be hammered, you wouldn't expect any of her wolf buddies to come on and hammer her now would you? That could be the best clue we have the right person.

I don't really know that however. I'm just trying to sheep Zenge and hope for the best.

this isn't a reason to unyeet though, BTW. If she is a wolf in the lead and about to be hammered, you wouldn't expect any of her wolf buddies to come on and hammer her now would you? That could be the best clue we have the right person.

I don't really know that however. I'm just trying to sheep Zenge and hope for the best.
it's also not the final misyeet. anyone who hammers a villager would be under increased scrutiny.

it's also not the final misyeet. anyone who hammers a villager would be under increased scrutiny.
Hm, fair.

yeet Dolphin

Still reading her posts, I wish I knew her better. This is hard.

So will you friend
Yes? But I'm not analyzing myself at the moment.
We don't really need to rehash the deepwolfing debacle from last game right now, but my point was I'm speculating why you wouldn't vote Dolphin right now if you're packmates.

• Okay...
eh, I wouldn't get so attached to some idea of building a rep for not bussing as a wolf. That isn't very compelling for some players, and I would argue that it just shouldn't be. You never know what game you'll be in, that the conditions make it that bussing is the only viable wolf strategy. So beyond just being open to doing it yourself as a wolf, then it's also about the fact that it's hard as a villager to ever know enough to know if a player not otherwise known for bussing got backed into a corner or some such. It's just risky to exclude as a possibility, which is why some players never will when analyzing if someone is a wolf or not.

My best advice is to just play each game as well as you can, and assume the same of others. I would really hope that people would do that to the best of their ability and also IRL constraints. No one playing with you really wants a wolfy someone to throw a current game because of their village meta.
I hear you and understand your argument, but I more mean that different players have very different lines and will cross them for different reasons.

Players like AM and shorty have a very bright, sharp line, and have only voted for packmates in extreme/mechanical circumstances.

Other players like Dubz will bus if it's the only reasonable way for the pack to win, but go out of their way not to.

etc, etc, all the way down to players that start the game with a vote on a packmate.

Day 4 Yeet Tally
Cray (1) - dolphin
PSV (1) - mayo
dolphin (4) - Zenge, PSV, Cray, True
mayo (1) - Vis

7/9
dolphin is in the lead!
Missing: genny, speechy
yeet close in ~55 minutes

Lol I like both of you but you and PSV are in the "will bus early, often, and gladly" catagory in my head <3
One of those words does not apply.
My bussing meta doesn't really matter for this discussion but it's starting to bother me because, when I bussed samac in BoWWling, she had literally been tracked killing April and there was zero other option that wouldn't immediately lose us the game. Last game I thought we were basically all mechanically outted so I was trying to salvage what little possibilities we had.
So yeah, I'm getting a little prickly right now because obviously bussing packmates isn't my ideal situation but if it's between that and throwing the game for the whole pack, I'll choose the former.

• Care

I wish I could double love this post.

• Care
etc, etc, all the way down to players that start the game with a vote on a packmate.
Again, I recognize this discussion isn't highly relevant to the game at hand, but:
There's a massive difference between starting the game with a vote on a packmate as an attempt at distancing and legitimately trying to start a wagon to get a packmate yoten D1. Lumping them together isn't really fair or logical, imo.

One of those words does not apply.
My bussing meta doesn't really matter for this discussion but it's starting to bother me because, when I bussed samac in BoWWling, she had literally been tracked killing April and there was zero other option that wouldn't immediately lose us the game. Last game I thought we were basically all mechanically outted so I was trying to salvage what little possibilities we had.
So yeah, I'm getting a little prickly right now because obviously bussing packmates isn't my ideal situation but if it's between that and throwing the game for the whole pack, I'll choose the former.
Sorry, you're right that it's an unfair characterization. I just felt like some of the on-thread interactions last game were a little... excessive. Throwing shade on a packmate out of the blue when no one was talking about them, stuff like that.

Why wait so long? To wait until she started to feel good about him?

because this is champs practice, so i don't think he'd N1 her again.

I'm willing to bet I'm the only person in this game who would have enthusiastically killed one of the champs N1 if given the opportunity.

Yes? But I'm not analyzing myself at the moment.
We don't really need to rehash the deepwolfing debacle from last game right now, but my point was I'm speculating why you wouldn't vote Dolphin right now if you're packmates.

Just don't try to take a false moral highground that isn't yours to take.

It's sus, and not helpful.

Throwing shade on a packmate out of the blue when no one was talking about them
If you're talking about me voting for you D1, I literally thought I was about to die and was trying to somewhat clear you to hopefully preserve the pack. Obviously I didn't know how things would go down after that.
Now, I'll admit I was kinda upset when mayo and April voted me instead of samac last game and I nearly died. I get that it makes sense in the context of the game but it still hurt my feelings, lol.
Anyhow, given that, my current plan is to try to work as a unit with packmates in the future. But when someone was jailed and someone was seered and you think the whole pack is ****ed, just saying "we doomed!" and giving up on the game kind of defeats the spirit of playing.
Back to the point: I'm less confident about yeeting Dolph right now but I've never played with her so I'm willing to defer to Zenge's read currently. genny and mayo still my top priorities thereafter.

Just don't try to take a false moral highground that isn't yours to take.

It's sus, and not helpful.
I wasn't trying to take a moral highground. I was literally stating something you've done in play and explaining how it affected my read of what's happening in the current game. I'm sorry if it felt personal or like an attack; that wasn't my intention.

I wasn't trying to take a moral highground. I was literally stating something you've done in play and explaining how it affected my read of what's happening in the current game. I'm sorry if it felt personal or like an attack; that wasn't my intention.

I'm not sure who I could have bussed this game, unless you or zenge are wolves... which isn't entirely unlikely