2022-2023 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To the ones getting pre-II holds, when did u receive the email that says your file is complete? Or when did complete the secondary? These are two different dates obviously.
7/21 compleTed secondary
8/28: “Your application is advancing in the process and will receive a thorough and fair review by the Admissions Committee”

Since then, silence. Nothing even in my spam. Although I did reach out on 10/6. And got:

“We did start interviews last month and will continue into late January/early February. Your file is complete but there hasn't been a final decision yet on your application. I know it is difficult waiting but we appreciate your patience.“

I submitted my secondary mid July but was waiting on a LOR so didn’t receive that complete email about advancing in the process until 8/15. But yeah since then nothing for me. So I’m in the same boat. Im confused since people complete after us are hearing back

Members don't see this ad.

To the ones getting pre-II holds, when did u receive the email that says your file is complete? Or when did complete the secondary? These are two different dates obviously.
7/21 compleTed secondary
8/28: “Your application is advancing in the process and will receive a thorough and fair review by the Admissions Committee”

Since then, silence. Nothing even in my spam. Although I did reach out on 10/6. And got:

“We did start interviews last month and will continue into late January/early February. Your file is complete but there hasn't been a final decision yet on your application. I know it is difficult waiting but we appreciate your patience.“

I submitted my secondary on 7/10 and didn’t receive the “Application Complete” email until 8/29. From what I can tell, there’s a lot of variance in when applicants hear back, mainly because there’s a lot of different people involved in reviewing the apps.

I’m not positive, but I think USU recruits the help of doctors, professors, alumni, etc. all of whom are volunteering their time to help review applications. Some are busier then others with their schedules, so it’s hard to gauge when they will get to a person application.

I feel you on the waiting game, it’s tough. I hope you hear good news soon, and I’ll share any updates when they come in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary on 7/10 and didn’t receive the “Application Complete” email until 8/29. From what I can tell, there’s a lot of variance in when applicants hear back, mainly because there’s a lot of different people involved in reviewing the apps.

I’m not positive, but I think USU recruits the help of doctors, professors, alumni, etc. all of whom are volunteering their time to help review applications. Some are busier then others with their schedules, so it’s hard to gauge when they will get to a person application.

I feel you on the waiting game, it’s tough. I hope you hear good news soon, and I’ll share any updates when they come in.
Yeah to piggy back off that, I am yet to get the II this year but I interviewed last year and they can take a very long time sometimes to fully make decisions. It's super important to realize that there is a certain level of slow in the military which often explains why everything takes so long to get done. Although me and everyone that applied to this school has a desire to serve our country and be a part of the military health system, it is important to understand that the military is the epitome of bureaucracy and our applications will cycle through multiple stacks of paper work before being read and decision is made.

Has anyone prior or active service (any branch) received an A yet?

Current Air National Guard AGR (w/ 5.5 years AD before Palace Chasing). Received A on 26 October.
Do you mind if I PM you about questions regarding the DD 368? My unit sent in the LOA but the process of the 368 has been very slow. Congratulations on the A by the way!!

Do you mind if I PM you about questions regarding the DD 368? My unit sent in the LOA but the process of the 368 has been very slow. Congratulations on the A by the way!!
Hit me up! I’ll share whatever info I can to help.

When did you submit? And last name initial? I’m P but I email somebody else for updates.
I had everything (secondary, LOA, 368) submitted by July 4th, and got the “application complete” email on July 18th. I’ve been in contact with Ms. Welsing for the A-E group. I’m sure they are all great, but she has been incredibly helpful.

I had everything (secondary, LOA, 368) submitted by July 4th, and got the “application complete” email on July 18th. I’ve been in contact with Ms. Welsing for the A-E group. I’m sure they are all great, but she has been incredibly helpful.
Lucky. I completed 7/21 and didn’t get the “complete” email til 8/28. I go straight to Ms. Stearman.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who chose army as branch choice get an A yet?

I interview this week and in one of them, they said Army has plenty of spots open but Air Force is filling up. I ranked Army as first choice.

Gotta love the excruciating wait for DoDMERB to figure itself out lol
Are you guys getting emails for II or whatever from WebAdMIT?? My contact person just sent me an email today that they sent an "update" via WebAdMIT on 10/27 that went undelivered. She is yet to tell me as of this writing what the update was.

Four of my other schools use WebAdMIT with no communication history in their app portals.

My .edu receives email from other .edu account just fine, and months ago received emails from WebAdMIT as well. fml

Like what kind of "updates" do they send anyway? Holds? Direct Rejection (aint it too early for them?)

What kind of "updates" have people received? My contact has stopped responding lol

Are you guys getting emails for II or whatever from WebAdMIT?? My contact person just sent me an email today that they sent an "update" via WebAdMIT on 10/27 that went undelivered. She is yet to tell me as of this writing what the update was.

Four of my other schools use WebAdMIT with no communication history in their app portals.

My .edu receives email from other .edu account just fine, and months ago received emails from WebAdMIT as well. fml

Like what kind of "updates" do they send anyway? Holds? Direct Rejection (aint it too early for them?)

What kind of "updates" have people received? My contact has stopped responding lol
Update: hold for continued review

Pre-II hold crew checking in here too. Got the email on 10/27. Feels so close yet so far... Good luck y'all

Average GPA, low MCAT, very good ECs, non-traditional.
apparently we received hold on the same day. I just learned late coz WebAdMIT can't deliver the email to my .edu email

Are we suppose to create a WebAdmit account or something?? I haven’t heard of this …

Anyone get waitlisted, NOT alternate? Confused because I am reading that at USUHS it’s different in that waitlist means the adcoms referred you for acceptance but there aren’t enough spots. How are there now spots when it’s still early in the cycle? Is this normal? Interviewed in September.

Anyone get waitlisted, NOT alternate? Confused because I am reading that at USUHS it’s different in that waitlist means the adcoms referred you for acceptance but there aren’t enough spots. How are there now spots when it’s still early in the cycle? Is this normal? Interviewed in September.
You’re WL already?

No no that's just the account some schools use to deliver news and updates instead of their .edu email accounts.
This is something new. I never made a WebAdmit account for USUHS. Is this site only if you have a .edu email?

They aren’t going to send out all of their As at once. Waitlist for USU has some of the highest movements for med schools, and being on the WL early has practically always led to an A.

Think of it this way, you have met/exceeded their bar for admission and there is about a 99% chance being this early that you’ll get the A, but they still are conducting interviews and want to hold on to some As for potentially slightly more desirable candidates.

Last edited:
This is something new. I never made a WebAdmit account for USUHS. Is this site only if you have a .edu email?
Omgosh pls read it again to avoid your paranoia. WebAdmit is a service schools use to send out emails -updates and news. You do NOT register for it. YoU DONT do anything.

if you apply to Cornell, Howard, Hawaii Hopkins or USUS, correspondences are from [email protected] as opposed to [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Going into week 6 post interview.. fingers still crossed

Gotta love the excruciating wait for DoDMERB to figure itself out lol
I was already pre-"rejected" by USUHS for anti-anxiety med use (before even getting my II), so waiting to see if it's confirmed is exactly what you said. Excruciating. lol

Waitlisted this morning, selected Army. Interview week of 9/26

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those that had movement off of the waitlist do you recommend a update letter/ letter of intent? What else do you recommend? USU is a top choice of mine.

For those waitlisted this morning, what branch did you choose and do you have prior military service or ROTC?

Just got waitlisted as well. What is the difference between waitlist and selection as an alternate?

Just got waitlisted as well. What is the difference between waitlist and selection as an alternate?

From my understanding is waitlist they want you and just need a seat. Alternative they need to reevaluate. They take everyone from waitlist before touching alternative is what their website says

Last edited:
Does anyone know how quickly they start moving people off the waitlist or is the movement most likely to happen in the spring?

Does anyone know how quickly they start moving people off the waitlist or is the movement most likely to happen in the spring?

From previous research most movement is around July but it’s a rolling admission so it can happen anywhere from now till august

Sorry if this is a dumb question but does anybody have any tips on how to rank the different branches? I am someone with no military experience whatsoever and nobody in my family is in the military so I really have no idea here. Also does the order of the branches that we rank have any impact on our admission chances?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but does anybody have any tips on how to rank the different branches? I am someone with no military experience whatsoever and nobody in my family is in the military so I really have no idea here. Also does the order of the branches that we rank have any impact on our admission chances?

There is a good breakdown on their website. Army is the largest branch with most residency options. Do you like water and being on a boat and possible doing a general medical rotation before residency, go Navy. Lost me on Air Force and the service branch.

It all depends on what you want to do and where you possibly want to live cause different branches have different locations.

I am not sure if it impacts your admission chances. I know if the branches fill up you can be waitlisted, but beyond that I’m not sure.

From previous research most movement is around July but it’s a rolling admission so it can happen anywhere from now till august
From previous SDN cycle threads, WL movement generally starts in late February and March when AAMC's Choose Your Medical School tool opens. There's a lot of movement April and May when schools have commit to enroll deadlines. Movement slows down in June. Some students may get off the WL in July/August.

II today. Complete 7/15. Reapplicant, no immediate ties to the military, LM 68