2022-2023 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the A today!! Complete 9/15, II 10/25, Interview 10/26 (last minute interview because someone had to reschedule their interview and I was available). Good luck everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Got the A for MDPhD. Phone call from the director. He said email will follow but nothing for now besides a phone call :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there people who have actually gotten the R, or is a hold more of a soft R? Anxious OOS with lower stats, on hold 11/18.

Are there people who have actually gotten the R, or is a hold more of a soft R? Anxious OOS with lower stats, on hold 11/18.
A couple of people on this year's thread have gotten off pre-II hold already so there may be a chance

Lol pre II R just now. Complete early August, hold in Sept, literally just sent an update a few hours ago and an R now 🤪🙃🫠 wondering if I should sit in the gym and cry or wait until I get home

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Lol pre II R just now. Complete early August, hold in Sept, literally just sent an update a few hours ago and an R now 🤪🙃🫠 wondering if I should sit in the gym and cry or wait until I get home
+1. I'm glad this didn't get dragged on until April/May.

Reactions: 1 user
pre-II rejection, complete in early August, hold in September

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R after hold :( my first rejection of the cycle

• Care
pre-II R baby, don't know why I thought I even had a chance lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just found out I was put on high priority waitlist. Anyone know what that means?

Anyone have any insight into the interview day? Not finding much about it
They made it pretty clear we're not supposed to talk about specifics, but it was a rotating MMI format pretty much exactly like what you'd expect in my opinion. Don't overthink it and just try to have good conversations with your interviewers. As with all interviews, it's a good idea to know some stuff about the school prior to attending the interview too.

Just found out I was put on high priority waitlist. Anyone know what that mea
There are 4 possibilities post-interview: rejected, low priority WL, high priority WL, and accepted. So you still have a good chance.

A lot of answers yesterday... I'm still on hold and have my fingers crossed that it could mean an interview is coming my way!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm starting to lose my mind lol. Nearly 3 months since my interview and silence. They invited me to interview over 4 months ago too. Tried calling the admissions office and they said just check my email...

I'm starting to lose my mind lol. Nearly 3 months since my interview and silence. They invited me to interview over 4 months ago too. Tried calling the admissions office and they said just check my email...
This happened to me too, I had to call again and again and again. Be persistent. I also asked the question if they have made a decision on my application and for me they had made one they just didn't send me an email. After I knew this I was able to push a little harder.

II 12/07/22 around 4 pm. Complete in August, NY resident

This happened to me too, I had to call again and again and again. Be persistent. I also asked the question if they have made a decision on my application and for me they had made one they just didn't send me an email. After I knew this I was able to push a little harder.
Hey can i ask what the portal looks like if you get on HPA?

R post-interview, interviewed 9/20 :(
So sorry to hear about that. Hey... it's a major accomplishment to even get an interview at this school. I'm sure there will be another medical school who would love to ultimately accept you!!

Did anyone who interviewed 11/29 hear back yet? They said 3-4 weeks but it seems like some people don't hear back well past that.

Received the A in the portal! Interviewed 12/6

Reactions: 4 users
R today, placed on hold on 9/9/22.

Side note: I think it's hilarious that the school with the worst application portal by far sends extremely professional and well-designed emails.

• Haha
R today, placed on hold on 9/9/22.

Side note: I think it's hilarious that the school with the worst application portal by far sends extremely professional and well-designed emails.
+1
also +1 on the side note

Thought I was getting an R after a pre-II hold earlier. Nope, just a happy holidays email this morning.