2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R after being placed on hold in September. Best of luck to y'alls cycles!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still so curious as to why I haven't received the R yet. I already saw my "decision made" status weeks ago. Why are they playing games with me?

R yesterday as well after being on hold since October. Best of luck to everyone.

I was swept up in the Pre-II R wave too yesterday—I was on hold since December and my status was missing in my portal up until the email o_O

I'm choosing to maintain hope for other schools in NY, so this is your sign to do so too for anyone else who was hit with the R here ❤️

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have experience with the Rural Medical Scholars Program and interviewing for this? Was the interview any different?

Hi all! Just curious - during the interview process, they said that we would be hearing back at the four-week mark after our interview about a decision. Is this still the case or have people been hearing significantly later. Interviewed on 01/12.

Hi all! Just curious - during the interview process, they said that we would be hearing back at the four-week mark after our interview about a decision. Is this still the case or have people been hearing significantly later. Interviewed on 01/12.
I interviewed in the middle of December and I'm waiting to hear back.

Has anyone here gotten an email about a pathway program?

Does anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? A Facebook group or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about how long it takes for them to respond post II? I interviewed Mid-January and they said would send decisions the first week of March but it seems like they're running behind based on this thread!

Does anyone know about how long it takes for them to respond post II? I interviewed Mid-January and they said would send decisions the first week of March but it seems like they're running behind based on this thread!
All my friends seem to hear back after 7 weeks. I interviewed 1/12 and I think this is the week I will hear back. Manifesting for us

Last edited:
High priority alternate list just now. IS and interviewed January 19th

HPA list, Interviewed 1/12. Kinda annoyed since my whole application was catered to this school.

HPA list as well! Does anyone know if there's a section in our portal that lists our status of being on the HPA list? Can't seem to find any info on the status of our standing...

HPA list as well! Does anyone know if there's a section in our portal that lists our status of being on the HPA list? Can't seem to find any info on the status of our standing...
You would have to call to find the standing, I plan on calling next week and asking

Does anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? A Facebook group or something?
There is a Facebook group for 2022 that includes MD, DPT, PA, and other students I think? If you log into Bannerweb and then click on the Incoming Student tab, there is a link near the bottom of the list

You would have to call to find the standing, I plan on calling next week and asking
I thought we weren't able to do that until April/May? I also thought they weren't able to disclose our actual standing just our likelihood of getting off the list

I thought we weren't able to do that until April/May? I also thought they weren't able to disclose our actual standing just our likelihood of getting off the list
That's what it sounded like to me in the email.

Hi!! How can I withdraw my acceptance? I've been reaching out but am still on their email list. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi!! How can I withdraw my acceptance? I've been reaching out but am still on their email list. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you :)
Same, I checked their portal and can't find a way to withdraw my acceptance as well. Someone, please help, thanks!

• Care
I interviewed on 1/26 and still nothing. They told us it'll be closer to 6 weeks as they fell behind but it's been over 7 for you so
:( the waiting is so hard! If they don’t say anything to me/update my portal by next week I might call?

Was the last acceptance in December?
I think so, which is kind of wild. Almost every single person that posted here saying they got an interview ended up getting accepted..right up until December. Everyone since then that has posted has been HPA'd. I'm sure there are people that have interviewed after december that got accepted, but none of em posted here from January-March.

Withdrew my acceptance. I could not find how to withdraw from their portal so I just emailed admissions about it. They said it was ok. I hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck!

Does anyone know when waitlist movement generally starts here? I am on the HPA list

Does anyone know when waitlist movement generally starts here? I am on the HPA list
I dont think movement will start for us until mid-late april, more likely May.

Edit: In recent years they start in May, but last year the first person on SDN to get accepted was June 9th lol

Can’t believe it’s been this long since an A was reported. Hoping all of you guys are at the top of the HPA list

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have an idea of how the HPA list works? If an applicant is placed on the HPA list in December and another applicant in February, is the December HPA applicant inherently higher on the HPA list or is it rank based and the list is constantly evolving to reflect priority based on rank?

Does anyone have an idea of how the HPA list works? If an applicant is placed on the HPA list in December and another applicant in February, is the December HPA applicant inherently higher on the HPA list or is it rank based and the list is constantly evolving to reflect priority based on rank?

I believe each applicant is scored therefore if someone is scored higher but later interview they would be chosen first.

Has anyone asked about their HPA rank/ know when it’s acceptable to ask?