2022-2023 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just called the admissions office and they said that waitlist movement has started

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when movement started last yr?
Last year's SDN thread shows
Just got the call that admissions has reached my name on the HPA list!! I was accepted for the Binghamton campus for the last 2 years. I just wanted to give you guys the update so that you all know that the list is moving!! I hope to see you all on campus in August :)
^^this on May 18th as the first mention of someone moving off the waitlist

Update: I called this Morning, and the counsellor told me that WL movement started last week but very slowly, and that I have a good chance of coming out , but there are many ahead of me (no guarantee). This year they have to finalize their list early so I am inferring that WL movement should be faster but i’m not completely confident that they will reach me… In conclusion, if they were to reach my position this year, it would probably be in mid/late June. Side note, it looks like WL movement is picking up in other schools, so I hope we all get a happy ending. 🙏

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I called this Morning, and the counsellor told me that WL movement started last week but very slowly, and that I have a good chance of coming out , but there are many ahead of me (no guarantee). This year they have to finalize their list early so I am inferring that WL movement should be faster but i’m not completely confident that they will reach me… In conclusion, if they were to reach my position this year, it would probably be in mid/late June. Side note, it looks like WL movement is picking up in other schools, so I hope we all get a happy ending. 🙏

Wow, it looks like they've got their pitch down to a T cuz they gave me the exact same wording hahaha. Fingers crossed for the both of us 🤞

Also, are you inferring about hearing back in mid-late June, or did they give you this estimate? I tried asking them if they could predict when I could possibly hear back and they just said that they couldn't tell me that, but they reassured me that I'm in a good spot and still have reason to remain optimistic.

Wow, it looks like they've got their pitch down to a T cuz they gave me the exact same wording hahaha. Fingers crossed for the both of us 🤞

Also, are you inferring about hearing back in mid-late June, or did they give you this estimate? I tried asking them if they could predict when I could possibly hear back and they just said that they couldn't tell me that, but they reassured me that I'm in a good spot and still have reason to remain optimistic.
I inferred this information after they kind of said that my position was reached in the later part of last year’s cycle. They also told me to check back in a few weeks, and suggested to start my application just to be on the safe side if I was debating to reapply. I feel that this process has been an incredibly humbling and emotionally draining experience — in a twisted way, I’m convincing myself that this is another trial to build my resilience. Did they also suggest you to re-app?

I inferred this information after they kind of said that my position was reached in the later part of last year’s cycle. They also told me to check back in a few weeks, and suggested to start my application just to be on the safe side if I was debating to reapply. I feel that this process has been an incredibly humbling and emotionally draining experience — in a twisted way, I’m convincing myself that this is another trial to build my resilience. Did they also suggest you to re-app?
They didn't explicitly suggest I begin re-applying, all they said is that it's really up to me...But I'll try asking the next time I call

Last edited:
Just got the A off the HPA! Just wanted to let you guys know that the list is moving. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I'm a rising MS2 at upstate and just so you guys know, last year waitlist movement continued through LATE JUNE. Two of my classmates (that I know of) got the A eight days before orientation. So while I certainly wouldn't bank on it, don't entirely rule it out if you're still on the high priority waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A off the HPLA on Tuesday (5/30)! Was psyched but then received an offer from my #1 school on Wednesday so I withdrew my acceptance. It was for Binghamton's clinical campus. For context, I called mid-May and was told I was in a "wonderful" and "really excellent" spot, had "very good reason" to remain optimistic, and that I could reapply if I wanted to be "safe". Sending good vibes to the person who needs the spot!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is there an admitted students groupchat/discord link anyone can send my way :) thx!

Anyone looking for the admitted students discord link can PM me a screenshot of their acceptance and I'll provide the link.

Got the A off the HPA yesterday for the Syracuse campus. Now I have been given 5 business days to decide.
The waitlist is still moving, y'all!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT THE CALL OFF THE HPA FOR THE SYRACUSE CAMPUS! MY ONE AND ONLY A!!! Looks like we're not gonna have to re-write the MCAT after all!!!!
For anyone still waiting, do not give up hope!!! They told me that the class won't be finalized until the end of the month!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
7/7 will be my forever lucky number. LETS GOOO

• Love