2022-2023 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hold this morning around 11am. IS, LM 68.4 (3.84/508), Casper 4Q. Complete 7/20

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IS hold today, LM 64. I'm happy to just get a response from any school haha :'(

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe the hold isn't a bad sign if everyone's getting it? idk tho just trying to stay hopefull

I genuinely think they’re overwhelmed and trying to pause to catch up. I didn’t take the hold as anything bad if everyone was held.

Or it can be an error…my email didn’t have my name on it and the bottom said in the name part

Hate to be that guy but II this afternoon

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i saw someone on reddit saying they see a status of hold on their portal page... i don't see this but I got the hold email. does anyone else see it?

Reactions: 1 user
Where do you see a hold? I can’t see it either

I was complete 7/28 and haven’t received any update since then… does anyone’s portal login show anything in the “status” column? Mine is blank. Also, is there a note beside the Supplemental Application that says “Supplemental Load Process”?

I was complete 7/28 and haven’t received any update since then… does anyone’s portal login show anything in the “status” column? Mine is blank. Also, is there a note beside the Supplemental Application that says “Supplemental Load Process”?
Mine's blank as well. Just got the pre-II hold email about 15 minutes ago. It was blank before that too.

Hold today. Status column empty, Note says "Supplemental Load Process"??
3.8/511 International OOS Complete 8/26

Wait how and where are you guys seeing a status column? Mine doesn’t show a “status” column anywhere

They're not done with the holds?

For a school that interviews 20-25% of NY kids who apply, really feel like theyre just putting everyone on hold so they can catch up or something honestly

Reactions: 1 users
I got a hold today after being completed on September 6. There's no way they reviewed my application thoroughly that quickly right? ..... right?

Has anyone heard back from the MD-PhD program? Seems to be a lot of MD activity, but wasn't sure about the other

Wait how and where are you guys seeing a status column? Mine doesn’t show a “status” column anywhere
Never mind I found it and it’s blank as well. It also says Supplemental Load Process. complete on 9/1 and haven’t heard anything since

I got a hold today after being completed on September 6. There's no way they reviewed my application thoroughly that quickly right? ..... right?
I thought the same thing! I submitted on September 3rd and didn't get the complete email until the 7th. I have schools I've been complete at for a month now and still haven't heard anything from so I was pretty surprised.

Has anyone who was put on hold received an II?

Anyone who submitted their secondary in July and has not been placed on hold or received an II? Have any R's been sent out?

AHHHHH II RECEIVED RIGHT NOW!!! (I'm IS)

Secondary completed 7/27/22. On hold 9/9/22. II today 9/30/22. screaming.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
AHHHHH II RECEIVED RIGHT NOW!!! (I'm IS)

Secondary completed 7/27/22. On II hold 9/9/22. II today 9/30/22. screaming.
that's amazing! I hope upstate pulls more ppl out from the hold pool!!!! good luck!

how do you know if you've been put on hold? does it say in the portal?

II at 4 AM this morning, I had received a hold on 9/9.

complete 8/19. Hold 9/30. OOS. GPA 3.6X. MCAT 512. Casper 4th quartile. ORM. Top 10 US News undergrad graduate.

Last edited:
If you interviewed, are you required to send an update afterwards noting what you have done since applying? I would have assumed you do not need to, but the language in one of their videos made it seem like you should - any thoughts? Thanks!

OOS hold received today, complete 9/5.

IS hold received 10/14, complete 8/23