2022-2023 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get a submission receipt when they uploaded an update letter?
No, I emailed a PDF to them directly on top of submitting it in the portal just in case.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone still on hold and not hear anything yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance email just now! My first MD A :love: RMSP, Interviewed mid-January, OOS

Last edited:
Acceptance email just now! My first MD A :love: RMSP, Interviewed mid-January, OOS
Congrats!!! Does this mean the rest of us January interviewees should be expecting a WL or R at some point today?

Congrats!!! Does this mean the rest of us January interviewees should be expecting a WL or R at some point today?
Might be different since I specifically applied for the rural scholars program

Might be different since I specifically applied for the rural scholars program
Gotcha, was wondering what RMSP stood for. In any case, congrats!!! Hope there are more A's to go around

Just wanted to provide some information for those of you who were placed on hold or haven't heard back yet from this school. Unfortunately, we were informed that yesterday (March 7th) was their last interview day for this cycle.

Good luck to all of you now waiting post interview decisions, and I hope the rest of you have found success at a different institution.

Take care!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any merit or need based scholarships?
I did get a merit scholly (and it was VERY generous) like a week after I was first accepted, but it'll go to someone else now :)

• Love
Pre-II R last wk, heart broken as this was my top choice :(

Last edited:
  • Care
Post-II R today. Interviewed late January. :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
There is one. You should have received an email from a current student 2/28?
Hmm.. I haven't gotten an email from a student. I did try to join the FB orientation group linked in the portal, but they haven't approved me yet. Maybe those of us who got in more recently need to wait a bit longer?

I interviewed early Feb, but if it helps, I got my decision just before the 5 week mark. You’ll prob hear back very soon if you haven’t already
thank you so much for letting me know! hoping i hear some good news this upcoming week then :D

I interviewed early Feb, but if it helps, I got my decision just before the 5 week mark. You’ll prob hear back very soon if you haven’t already
Yeah, I got my decision too around the same time but was put on the high priority WL. Anyone else on the same boat?

Got HPA'd today. Interview 2/28, II 12/7. Manifesting that I get off the waitlist :love:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is there a GroupMe for accepted students? I know a couple of people have asked before, but there was no response. Please share if you have any info :) ty!

Is there a GroupMe for accepted students? I know a couple of people have asked before, but there was no response. Please share if you have any info :) ty!
I received an email from an MS1 with a link to the accepted students Discord. The subject starts with "Greetings from Upstate". I don't know about a GroupMe though.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the waitlist should start moving if it isn't already?

They called me back and told me about my position on the waitlist~ said I have a great chance of getting off it, so it seems like waitlist movement will start soon. probably after the 30th

They called me back and told me about my position on the waitlist~ said I have a great chance of getting off it, so it seems like waitlist movement will start soon. probably after the 30th
I called in early Aprl and they said it’s reasonable for me to be optimistic ~~ Ill call in again early-mid May and report back!

What was the wording you guys got, I got "we have reached the position in the past years, but there are many students ahead of you and no gaurntee we will reach your position this cycle"

What was the wording you guys got, I got "we have reached the position in the past years, but there are many students ahead of you and no gaurntee we will reach your position this cycle"
I got "it looks like you are in excellent standing, like the best possible. so you have a really strong reason to stay optimistic."

Reactions: 3 users
I got "it looks like you are in excellent standing, like the best possible. so you have a really strong reason to stay optimistic."
Wow, that kinda translates into “You are no. 1 on the WL” —Hopefully I ll see you next year ;)

• Love
Yeah, thanks for asking. Just reminding myself and others to take a breather. WL movement seems to start mid-late May for Upstate from previous threads. How you holding?
thank you for the reminder. the unknown sucks but it will all work out at the end... even if it's not the outcome we ideally want. Yeah, seems like waitlist movement starts then- wish it was earlier. i'm doing alright- need to submit forms for another school that i will attend if i don't get into upstate... hoping i get off the waitlist tho. time will tell

Have you gotten the call yet? I've been hoping to see you get the A so we know the list is moving. Seems awful quiet...

Have you gotten the call yet? I've been hoping to see you get the A so we know the list is moving. Seems awful quiet...
I haven’t…. Thought maybe I would hear this past week but nah. Maybe this week! I will post here ASAP after I get the A so that you guys know the list is moving