2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else slowly dying inside? Lol I can’t get myself to start reapplying unless I get a final answer. This whole waiting process is torture 😢😢 but I’m glad some of us are in this together 🥺

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else slowly dying inside? Lol I can’t get myself to start reapplying unless I get a final answer. This whole waiting process is torture 😢😢 but I’m glad some of us are in this together 🥺
What is dead may never die 🦑

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in the same boat. This is my only waitlist and it’s torture. The thought of reapplying kills me but I’m trying to slowly accept that that is what will most likely be the case :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Day 116 of waking up and not seeing an email from Downstate....

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Day 116 of waking up and not seeing an email from Downstate....
I feel dat. Although I’m fortunate enough to get an A early on in the cycle, I live so friggin close to downstate that I wish the they’d just take me already. I don’t even wanna go to my A school that much 😭 😭😭😭 (but any med school is bette than none so it is what it is)

For people who got their health clearance done, how long did it take? I submitted mine a week ago but still haven't heard anything back yet.... and the deadline is July 1

For people who got their health clearance done, how long did it take? I submitted mine a week ago but still haven't heard anything back yet.... and the deadline is July 1
Please correct me if I’m wrong but I really don’t think the office is checking completed health forms for ppl still on the WL. I think they are probably prioritizing accepted students first 🙃🙃🙃

Hey, would anyone be kind to share with me the link to the accepted students Facebook group or GroupMe? I would greatly appreciate.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I really don’t think the office is checking completed health forms for ppl still on the WL. I think they are probably prioritizing accepted students first

You need to have them in case you get in because apparently it may take a while for the student health center takes a while

You need to have them in case you get in because apparently it may take a while for the student health center takes a while
Oh yes ofc! But I’m saying that I don’t think they actually check or get back to you unless you’re an accepted student who needs to get cleared asap.

Oh yes ofc! But I’m saying that I don’t think they actually check or get back to you unless you’re an accepted student who needs to get cleared asap.
I think as long as you sent it before July 1st it should be fine

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
With no A’s this week, it may be time to throw in the towel since the cycle is coming to a close. Very sad indeed

I was accepted last week, can anyone help me get into the group me? thanks!

For those that are waitlisted, were we supposed to apply for fafsa? Is it even worth me to do that at this point?

For those that are waitlisted, were we supposed to apply for fafsa? Is it even worth me to do that at this point?
I applied for FAFSA back in March but then got an email a month later saying that they could not find me as an enrolled student at Downstate so my application is still pending. Not sure what to do

I applied for FAFSA back in March but then got an email a month later saying that they could not find me as an enrolled student at Downstate so my application is still pending. Not sure what to do
Hmm ok I’ll just wait then to fill it out if I get an acceptance 🥲 thank you for your help!

All medical schools use fafsa so you would need to fill it out anyway. Just add all schools that you interviewed at to the fafsa list so it doesn’t delay your financial aid package in case you get accepted last minute.

I just got the A. Does anyone have the link to the GroupMe?

Got off the waitlist this morning! IS 3.6 509 ;) II April

Reactions: 2 users
Got off the waitlist this morning! IS 3.6 509 ;) II April
Congratulations !!! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit your secondary? I’m reapplying and I’m wondering if part of my issue last cycle was my timing

Congratulations !!! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit your secondary? I’m reapplying and I’m wondering if part of my issue last cycle was my timing
I submitted primary July 17 and secondary in late august maybe even early September.

I wasn't complete until late September

For those who did the secondary last year, can anyone comment on whether there were word/character limits on the questions that didn't list a specific number? I.e.:

• Are there any periods longer than 3 months, from the time you graduated from high school to now, when you were not employed full time or in college full-time? If yes, please describe your activities. (No word count listed)
  • Will you be attending college full-time as of September 15? If no, please describe your activities for the period of September 15 to July 1. (No word count listed)
  • If you have a specific reason why you wish to attend SUNY Downstate or a medical school in New York City, please explain. If this question does not apply to you, enter “not applicable” in the text box below. (No word count listed)
  • What in your current/future activity/activities have/will contribute to diversity, health equity and social justice? (No word count listed)