2022-2023 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thought I was getting an R after a pre-II hold earlier. Nope, just a happy holidays email this morning.
Do these schools just generate a random list of email list to send happy holidays emails? I’m just sitting in silence 😂😂

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else got their offer to do a masters with a conditional acceptance for next cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hi just got the A and interviewed 12/12! was wondering if anyone knows if there's an accepted students forum for c/o 2027?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an interview invite in the month of January from Upstate?

Rejected today after being placed on hold since September - best of luck to everyone else.

Has anyone had any trouble uploading their ID through the check-in process link?

Reactions: 1 user
II received today after being placed on hold on 10/14!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you need to have a camera on for the written portion of the interview? Wondering because I want to go full comfort mode (sweatshirt, blankets) rather than my suit lol

Do you need to have a camera on for the written portion of the interview? Wondering because I want to go full comfort mode (sweatshirt, blankets) rather than my suit lol
My camera light wasn't on, take from that what you will.

Just wondering, is SUNY-Upstate a medical school that has fast waitlist movement or not?

Anyone else got their offer to do a masters with a conditional acceptance for next cycle?
I was placed on hold in November. Got the consideration email for the three separate pathway programs before the official R.
Currently studying to retake my mcat regardless.
Hoping this will end up as a win. Unsure of the process at this point.

I was placed on hold in November. Got the consideration email for the three separate pathway programs before the official R.
Currently studying to retake my mcat regardless.
Hoping this will end up as a win. Unsure of the process at this point.
Yeah. They didn’t have much info, just that I’m a potential candidate. Didn’t say much how the selection process works.

II today, IS! Placed on hold back in November. However, I'll be declining my II so I hope one of yall get it!!!

Just received pre-II R. For the past two cycles, none of SUNYs has shown me any love :')....and I am IS haha. Good luck everyone!

• Care
High priority alternate list email received today---interviewed 1/18, chose Syracuse campus, IS applicant. Best of luck to everyone! :)

Yeah. They didn’t have much info, just that I’m a potential candidate. Didn’t say much how the selection process works.
Was it the director of the program that emailed you?! The three pathways were attached. Which one most interested you?!

Was it the director of the program that emailed you?! The three pathways were attached. Which one most interested you?!
Yes. It was her who emailed me.
The one at Jacob’s seems to be the best option. You don’t pay tuition and you get a stipend.
I won’t go through this program, I got accepted in other program.

LOL just got an email about their MedPrep program after being rejected a couple of weeks ago. They are still trying to get my money

Reactions: 4 users
Any school or company that markets to premed insecurities is completely out of touch! Got that email too

LOL just got an email about their MedPrep program after being rejected a couple of weeks ago. They are still trying to get my money
Same. Seems like scam... waste of time and money for no guaranteed admission.

Yes. It was her who emailed me.
The one at Jacob’s seems to be the best option. You don’t pay tuition and you get a stipend.
I won’t go through this program, I got accepted in other program.
Congratulations

For those who interviewed already, did the interviewers ask follow-up questions if you ended your response early (didn't spend the whole time answering)?

For those who interviewed already, did the interviewers ask follow-up questions if you ended your response early (didn't spend the whole time answering)?
They did! Even the actors for role-play type questions did, but they can end short too.

• Love
they did. With the actor role play they continued to. But some of mine that ended early, even with follow up, I just chatted with the interviewer for awhile about me bc we would usually connect on some shared interest. For context, interviewed September 7th (first day possible) and was accepted Oct. 5th

• Love
Anyone still on hold waiting to hear? Starting to give up at this point🥲

Last edited:
Did anyone get a submission receipt when they uploaded an update letter?