2022-2023 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone have the email to send thank you notes/updates post interview to?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you access the portal? Ever since submitting my secondary, I can't access it...
nope I dont even think there is a portal. just the secondary answers page and payment screen.

Reactions: 1 user
Does NSU normally send out an application complete email? Asking because I have not received one...

A student on last year's thread shared this, I don't this includes everyone but it gives a good idea. I think it looks good

Anesthesiology: UCLA, University of Miami/Jackson
Emergency medicine: University of Chicago, UT Southeastern, George Washington, University of Rochester, Orlando Health, Port St. Lucie
General surgery: Kendall, Robert Packer (sp? sorry), University of Illinois Chicago, University of Hawaii, University of Buffalo
Internal Medicine: UF Shands, Dartmouth, Tulane, University of Miami/Jackson, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, UT Houston, UT Austin, Mt Sinai Miami
OB/Gyn: University of Colorado Denver, Rush, Brandon Regional
Peds: Nicklaus Childrens in Miami, Westchester Hospital in NY
Plastic Surgery: Wake Forest
prelim surgery: brookdale NY, UF, northwell, MUSC
prelim IM: UF, yale-new haven
Psych: California Pacific Med Center, UF Shands, USC Greenville, Largo medical center
Orthopedic surgery: Ohio State
Radiology: UF Shands, Aventura, Mt Sinai Miami
Radiation Oncology: Fox Chase PA
this is so helpful! Thank you

well they're only provisionally accredited per the LCME website, and if their site visit was in October then that means its been a few months already. LCME Website . idk feel like I'd want the school to be fully accredited before taking out hundreds of thousands in loans to be on the safer side.
I’m an accepted student for this cycle and had no idea about this! Is there a likelihood that they wouldn’t receive a full accreditation? From the interview it seemed like NSU MD runs an impressive/productive program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m an accepted student for this cycle and had no idea about this! Is there a likelihood that they wouldn’t receive a full accreditation? From the interview it seemed like NSU MD runs an impressive/productive program.
It seemed like they were going to receive it based on the interview day - How often does the website get updated?

i never completed my secondary here but i keep getting emailed to complete it and now they’ve said they extended their deadline…is this a sign? is it worth filling it out?

• Dislike
i never completed my secondary here but i keep getting emailed to complete it and now they’ve said they extended their deadline…is this a sign? is it worth filling it out?
I got the same email and I'm bout to just do it cause why not

usually an automated sign they want your money

Reactions: 4 users
nova decided they didn't make enough money lol.. last cycle they pulled some weird stunt too, they sent out an email to us congratulating applicants for "being selected eligible for an interview" then made us fill out a survey whether we would accept an II or not, and ultimately said in the fine print that it wasn't actually an II and thx for completing the survey lmao

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
nova decided they didn't make enough money lol.. last cycle they pulled some weird stunt too, they sent out an email to us congratulating applicants for "being selected eligible for an interview" then made us fill out a survey whether we would accept an II or not, and ultimately said in the fine print that it wasn't actually an II and thx for completing the survey lmao
That’s dirty af

Reactions: 1 users
their secondary at 50$ is one of the less expensive ones out there

Last edited:
I got the email too. I wouldn't waste your time, they've probably already filled up their class.

II today. Completed 9/23. LOI sent a few days ago

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone dealing with slow communication from the admissions office? They haven't reached out to me after I emailed or left a voicemail. I'm assuming they're just very busy?
Yeah to be honest I think they have a very small staff, I had a hard time getting in touch via phone and email.

I submitted my secondary August 2022 and haven't heard anything. Do they send rejection emails?

Did anyone end up applying here after getting the secondary reminder email or is it absolutely too late at this point

Anybody heard anything in regards to waitlist thus far?? At least in regards to last years thread it was about this time that there was some movement off the waitlist.

NSU Allopathic announced their full accreditation today

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yay congrats to NSU for their full accreditation! Awesome news for all the students and current applicants - its great that the number of med schools are expanding!

II last Tuesday and have since withdrawn my application. Best of luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
"Generally, between September and May. Once you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email invitation." according to their email FAQ. fingers crossed!
question...Is this school still running interviews?

WL, interviewed early Feb. The email said they will render final decisions May- mid July.