2022-2023 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else receive a secondary even though they didn't even apply here?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else receive a secondary even though they didn't even apply here?
same i was planning to add them later, plus not even verified yet LOL but i applied last cycle and got that interview interest email so maybe that's why they resent it

Reactions: 1 user
same i was planning to add them later, plus not even verified yet LOL but i applied last cycle and got that interview interest email so maybe that's why they resent it
I applied here last cycle too but didn't get that email, just a straight up rejection. Maybe they accidentally resent secondaries to everyone who applied last cycle? Weird lol

Lol I applied last cycle and got a secondary email just now. Got the continuing interest email from them a few months back cuz why not. This is wild though 😂

It’s nice to know they want my secondary money even though I’m matriculating to a different medical school this fall, and didn’t even apply ✌️

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
secondary received oos. do they screen for secondaries or send it to all applicants?

Secondary:
  • Please provide an example that indicates your ability to function effectively as a productive member of a team working toward a common objective. Elaborate on leadership roles you held in this capacity and how you solved problems that arose. Indicate highlights learned from this experience. (Maximum 4000 characters)
  • Please share some personal examples of problem solving in a team environment and/or leadership experience that would lead to your success in a Problem Based Learning environment. (Maximum 4000 characters)
  • At NSU M.D., we value the unique perspective that each applicant brings. Identify any traits, life experiences, or interests that a professor or advisor would not normally know about you.
  • How has your academic work beyond the “traditional” pre-medical school requirements (i.e., introductory biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and introductory physics) prepared you for medical school and for a career in medicine? Please highlight any service learning activities that align with humanism in medicine. (Maximum 4000 characters)
  • Is there a time gap between earning your last degree (baccalaureate or other) and the expected time of your medical school matriculation? If yes, please explain. (Maximum 4000 characters)
thank you! Last year they had a diversity essay, odd that they cut that

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having trouble with the link? Questions aren't opening.

For the question that states "Please explain any gaps or inconsistencies in either academic or standardized test performances throughout your undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate career." Is it fine to just leave this question blank if we don't feel like we have any gaps or inconsistencies in grades and stuff like that?

For the question that states "Please explain any gaps or inconsistencies in either academic or standardized test performances throughout your undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate career." Is it fine to just leave this question blank if we don't feel like we have any gaps or inconsistencies in grades and stuff like that?
Yes, that should be fine imo, or just put down "Not Applicable"

• How has your academic work beyond the “traditional” pre-medical school requirements (i.e., introductory biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and introductory physics) prepared you for medical school and for a career in medicine? Please highlight any service learning activities that align with humanism in medicine. (Maximum 4000 characters)

Is this talking about classes only? Like humanities and other classes? What about college sports?

Has anyone been able to find more information about this school? I haven't been able to find their *official* match list (found a student's post from the 20-21 thread of some matches), board scores, opinions on their rotations, etc. I''m super interested in applying as I enjoy PBL, small class sizes, and my family moved nearby, but the few posts I've found on student experience, curriculum, etc. are very conflicting.

Has anyone been able to find more information about this school? I haven't been able to find their *official* match list (found a student's post from the 20-21 thread of some matches), board scores, opinions on their rotations, etc. I''m super interested in applying as I enjoy PBL, small class sizes, and my family moved nearby, but the few posts I've found on student experience, curriculum, etc. are very conflicting.

Hey! I don’t know much tbh. However I did find this: NSU Holds First-Ever Match Day For Medical Students

I believe it’s for the Nova MD school and looks like there isn’t much data because it’s a relatively new school, with 2022 being the first match year.

Not sure much else, and am in a similar boat as you.

Are there any students that go to this school on this thread? I'm wondering if I can DM someone to learn more about the school

For those who already received secondaries, when were your primaries submitted? Still waiting on secondaries after my primaries were sent in early July.

.....thats a lot of characters... Do we need to fill up all the spaces or will 1000-2000 be fine?
I would do whatever feels right, don't fill it just to fill it

.....thats a lot of characters... Do we need to fill up all the spaces or will 1000-2000 be fine?
Last year they had also limits of 4,000 characters. I wrote essays spanning from 1,100 to 2,500 and I got in! Just use the space you need.

Last year they had also limits of 4,000 characters. I wrote essays spanning from 1,100 to 2,500 and I got in! Just use the space you need.
I agree with this. Plus other people who work in admissions such as Lizzy M. and Goro have stated that they prefer people not to fluff or waste space and that it can actually hurt you more than help. So use the space effectively.

Have any other instate students who had their application verified before submission not received their secondaries for NOVA MD yet? Checked my spam and its MIA

OOS have not received secondary, primary verified before June 24th

Edit: received soon after I submitted LORs

Last edited:
just submitted, but not sure if I am "complete". the portal isn't really helpful. I also have a fee waiver, so I really don't know if I am supposed to receive a complete email or something. anyone in the same position?

just submitted, but not sure if I am "complete". the portal isn't really helpful. I also have a fee waiver, so I really don't know if I am supposed to receive a complete email or something. anyone in the same position?
Me too. I emailed them twice but no one answered.

How do you get to the portal after you submit the secondary?

How do you get to the portal after you submit the secondary?
Nova's "portal" is just the secondary questions .. nothing else. Unless there is a separate portal going around

Reactions: 1 users
Did you send LORs? I didn’t realize until recently they don’t send the secondary until they receive your LORs
Oh, I haven't! Good to know, thanks!

Edit: received secondary ~2 hours after sending LORs

Last edited:
My AMCAS was transmitted July 17th and my LORs should have been transmitted at the same time (I used interfolio and had all my LORs submitted in May) and I still haven't received a secondary... do ya'll think I should contact admissions about this ?

My AMCAS was transmitted July 17th and my LORs should have been transmitted at the same time (I used interfolio and had all my LORs submitted in May) and I still haven't received a secondary... do ya'll think I should contact admissions about this ?
Transmitted around then and received 2' immediately. I would reach out to them!

Transmitted around then and received 2' immediately. I would reach out to them!
I emailed them a week ago and they never responded o_O. Sending a follow up email today to see if they respond this time.

My primary was verified and submitted to NSY MD around June 24 and I haven't received the secondary for this school yet! should I call them?

does anyone know when II typically go out? also is interview letter reg mail or email? couldnt find the answer anywhere. thanks!

My primary was verified and submitted to NSY MD around June 24 and I haven't received the secondary for this school yet! should I call them?
If you call them could you LMK what they say ?? I'm also considering calling them tomorrow since I still haven't heard back about a secondary either.

does anyone know when II typically go out? also is interview letter reg mail or email? couldnt find the answer anywhere. thanks!
Late September according to last year

If you call them could you LMK what they say ?? I'm also considering calling them tomorrow since I still haven't heard back about a secondary either.
Update on this: I tried to call admissions today but the call would ring for two seconds before disconnecting. Going to try again tomorrow but not really sure what to do since they're not responding to my emails either :/

How did you all approach essay #3? "At NSU M.D., we value the unique perspective that each applicant brings. Identify any traits, life experiences, or interests that a professor or advisor would not normally know about you." I'm having a hard time coming up with anything that wasn't already addressed in their other essays . Would it be acceptable to just talk about hobbies or personal interests outside of medicine?

Has anyone had any luck contacting admissions ? I'm still waiting on a secondary and have tried contacting them but I'm always sent to voice mail, and my emails have not gotten any response. Wondering if my app is just taking forever to process for them, or if there's something actually wrong. Either way, its kind of bumming me out that I'm not even able to fill out the automatic secondary for a school I paid money for :(

Diid anyone receive a complete email after submitting their secondary? I submitted 7/19 and received a confirmation email for secondary submission but not an email confirming completion of my application.

Diid anyone receive a complete email after submitting their secondary? I submitted 7/19 and received a confirmation email for secondary submission but not an email confirming completion of my application.
Nope. I emailed a few times to inquire and didn't get a response =/