2022-2023 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had any luck contacting admissions ? I'm still waiting on a secondary and have tried contacting them but I'm always sent to voice mail, and my emails have not gotten any response. Wondering if my app is just taking forever to process for them, or if there's something actually wrong. Either way, its kind of bumming me out that I'm not even able to fill out the automatic secondary for a school I paid money for :(
same here :(

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like this school is really difficult to contact for everyone o_O

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the fee required for applicants with FAP also??
your message almost sent me into a panic lol - I'm a FAP recipient too
I just went on MSAR to cross check and they take our fee waivers :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. I emailed a few times to inquire and didn't get a response =/
I got a phone call from someone over there about 2 weeks after I submitted my secondary letting me know it was complete and in review. So maybe they do phone calls in lieu of emails?

I got a phone call from someone over there about 2 weeks after I submitted my secondary letting me know it was complete and in review. So maybe they do phone calls in lieu of emails?

Are you sure you’re not thinking about the DO program? Cus they do that.

Hi guys just added this school today.How long did it take for you guys to receive a secondary?

Hi guys just added this school today.How long did it take for you guys to receive a secondary?
About a day after my primary was verified. I had all my letters in already so that might have played a role in the quick turnaround.

Anyone hear anything so far? Was complete a few weeks ago, no news for me so far.
Pretty sure there has not been anything yet, I was complete July 1st and haven't heard anything

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! Hopefully you do well and get that A!

If you don't mind, did they call you to let you know you're under review (like they do for their DO program)?

Also, did they call you to give you your II or email it?
I just got an email! No call or notification that I was under review :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh, the cycle begins at Nova!! Goodluck everyone!!!

• Love
IS II, complete 08/08
Congrats! I also got an invite that day and sent a confirmation email the following night but haven’t heard anything back or gotten the links for the interview. Did they email you back?

I got the email that my secondary has been received but no complete email, I have FAP and not sure if I am complete since the portal did not show that the fee was waived? Do I contact admissions?

OOS II!! Complete date Aug 16

Last edited:
this program won't be fully accredited until 2023 and I am finding it extremely difficult to find almost anything about it online or from current students. I know it's pretty new, but seems odd

• Wow
this program won't be fully accredited until 2023 and I am finding it extremely difficult to find almost anything about it online or from current students. I know it's pretty new, but seems odd
I know lol! If you read last years thread tho there were multiple students who had pretty positive feedback to offer.

I know lol! If you read last years thread tho there were multiple students who had pretty positive feedback to offer.
I'll check it out! i also saw they had a 100% match rate their first year so they're doing something right lol

Hey guys. I retook my MCAT on 9/9/ and supposed to be receiving score by 10/11. Do you guys think it's too late to apply this late in the cycle?

Um did anyone else just get the email that started with “Hello Future Sharks” LOL!! Thats quite a way to start a thank you email that is unrelated to an acceptance!

Um did anyone else just get the email that started with “Hello Future Sharks” LOL!! Thats quite a way to start a thank you email that is unrelated to an acceptance!

Uhhhh, no?

Have not many II’s been sent out yet?

Hello! For those who interviewed, how was the MMI and the PBL formats? For MMI were there actors? And what was the PBL interview like?

Hello! For those who interviewed, how was the MMI and the PBL formats? For MMI were there actors? And what was the PBL interview like?
no actors for mmi, pbl i just googled “what is PBL” and they explain it to you/your group, nothing go really prepare for that - i found it more fun than stressful but i did feel the instructions were kind of unclear lol

no actors for mmi, pbl i just googled “what is PBL” and they explain it to you/your group, nothing go really prepare for that - i found it more fun than stressful but i did feel the instructions were kind of unclear lol
What did you do for the PBL session? Like how did you interact with others? Thanks for your answer! :)

What did you do for the PBL session? Like how did you interact with others? Thanks for your answer! :)
like we were all on zoom and literally talked through what we through was important about the case we were given, nothing crazy and no medical knowledge required at all

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate, not including those who got As after the waitlist? And does anyone know how the waitlist movement is?

Has anyone who's interviewed here heard back in terms of a decision? Approaching one month post interview here

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate, not including those who got As after the waitlist? And does anyone know how the waitlist movement is?
I would check MSAR for that info, you can approximate at least

Has anyone who's interviewed here heard back in terms of a decision? Approaching one month post interview here
At the interview I went to they said most applicants they interview will be waitlisted bc of small class size

At the interview I went to they said most applicants they interview will be waitlisted bc of small class
Right I understand that, but if you get waitlisted that's still a decision no? I don't think anyone has even received a waitlist notification

OOS II, complete 9/9 , i lowkey hav no idea how i got this interview but I am super duper thankful.
does anyone who interviewed have any suggestions for what I can expect?

Reactions: 5 users
like we were all on zoom and literally talked through what we through was important about the case we were given, nothing crazy and no medical knowledge required at all
how many mmi stations were there? and did they ask any follow up questions within each mmi station? thanks for your help!

how many mmi stations were there? and did they ask any follow up questions within each mmi station? thanks for your help!
i dont remember, yes there were followyps, but they will explain their format on their interview day!

has anyone heard back post interview yet? is NSU not releasing on Oct 15/17?
Haven’t heard anything back yet, interviewed 9/16, they told us within a month we would hear back so I would expect this week sometime

Got an interview invite yesterday!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! OOS, complete 7/1/22. 3.83 GPA, 512 MCAT :) so excited!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!!

On a side note, it is interesting that NOVA is giving out interviews in random order. For example, some people that were complete in September and August got an II before. I wonder what order they are looking at applicants.
Prob an algorithm that accounts for: MCAT / GPA / EC hours in select categories / SES / URM-ORM / Undergrad Prestige / In-State Residency / Completion Date

And then it is a matter of whose reviewer's pile you're on. Is it Steve who reviews 200 apps a day? Or is it Steven who is on vacation in the Bahamas and promises to look at their pile on the flight back?

Just talking out of my ass tho.

Who else just got that "NSU MD Pre-Vue Day" email....Playing w my heart