2022-2023 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!! OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc

OOS Secondary Received.

1. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Given the distinctive educational philosophy and integrated curriculum at FSM, describe how your personal characteristics and learning style would align with the institution. (200 word max)

2. COPING SKILLS: Describe specific steps you take to manage your stress and maintain wellness while balancing personal, educational, and professional responsibilities. (200 word max)

3. FUTURE CAREER PLANS: Feinberg’s mission is to train future leaders in medicine who will serve their patients, communities and society. Describe one specific goal within medicine and how FSM, located in Chicago which is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country, will help you achieve this professional goal. (200 word max)

4. COVID-19 IMPACT: Describe how the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your pathway to medical school. Include any academic, personal, financial or professional challenges, as well as any other relevant information. (200 word max)

5. POST-UNDERGRADUATE EXPERIENCES (if applicable): If you have a year or more between college graduation and medical school matriculation, describe both your completed activities and future plans during the gap period. (200 word max)

6. REAPPLICANT (if applicable): If you are a reapplicant this cycle, please address steps taken to improve your application for medical school. (200 word max)

7. Personal Narrative: The Feinberg School of Medicine values diversity as a measure of excellence. We define diversity as the totality of the characteristics and experiences of our students. We believe that a diverse student body improves the educational environment and the ability of our graduates to serve an increasingly diverse patient population. Everyone has their own narrative. Please provide more detail about how your experiences would enrich the Northwestern community. (200 word max)
Out of curiosity, when did you submit all your apps?

Out of curiosity, when did you submit all your apps?
Like most people on these threads, I typically didn't spend more than a day on a secondary before submitting it back to a school. I received my last secondary on 7/20 and was marked complete on 7/21.

Lol is there any hope to get II here if you have a LM of 76? Seems like all the people getting interviews here rn have LM of like 78+

Reactions: 1 users
Lol is there any hope to get II here if you have a LM of 76? Seems like all the people getting interviews here rn have LM of like 78+
Why not? FSM's average on MSAR is a 76

Reactions: 1 user
I received an interview earlier this week with a LM of 75!

I received an interview earlier this week with a LM of 75!
Wow, thats great then haha! it was just depressing seeing all the LM 80+ people getting bunch of interviews at all these top schools wasn't sure how my LM would fare at that point

Wow, thats great then haha! it was just depressing seeing all the LM 80+ people getting bunch of interviews at all these top schools wasn't sure how my LM would fare at that point
Yes, I completely understand! I feel a bit like an imposter, but I'm trying to overcome that feeling haha. Remember, median means 50% of people have stats lower than the accepted median stats!

When does northwestern usually send Rs? Also any recent IIs? If so when are they booking them for now? Congrats to those who have gotten them by the way!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II today as well; complete 7/1! unexpected surprise, as I thought it was over for me for this school

What time did y’all get your IIs? Are they rolling them out or did they send them all at once?

OMG they are going back for sure! Dont lose hope early submitters

• Care
+1 II OOS complete 6/30 submitted a brief update to them two weeks ago

OOS II today as well; complete 7/1! unexpected surprise, as I thought it was over for me for this school

SAME haha I had basically ruled it out! So YES guys there is definitely a chance! They are most likely stratifying or different screeners have different rates they are going through the applications.

• Love
Did anyone get the diversity email encouraging them to apply/waiving the secondary fee? I'm really grateful, the only problem is I already applied so I'm not sure what to do

Any recent IIs? And does anyone know if they send Rs early, or tend to wait a while?

Did anyone else get a cute lil Feinberg gift packet and note in the mail after the interview? Such a nice touch and gesture!!

Did anyone else get a cute lil Feinberg gift packet and note in the mail after the interview? Such a nice touch and gesture!!
Yes! Feinberg has really made every step of the process incredibly pleasant. Shout out to their admissions office!

Yes! Feinberg has really made every step of the process incredibly pleasant. Shout out to their admissions office!
Seriously! Got the strongest vibe that they really really care about the students, and this is just further proof of it. 🥰

Seriously! Got the strongest vibe that they really really care about the students, and this is just further proof of it. 🥰
Yup, yup. Ditto ditto. Not just this gift packet, but having current M4 students reach out prior to the interview to see if they could answer any questions, the total vibe of the interviews (just so welcoming and enthusiastic)...could not have done anything more to make one feel more cared about.

II OOS received an hr ago! URM. LM 73. WARS 89

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II today at 1:50 CT! LM in bio, submitted 07/20, current NU undergrad student

Reactions: 4 users
IS II just now, and this is my dream school, super excited! LM 78 and complete early July.

Reactions: 10 users
OOS II Oct 13. 519 MCAT, 3.9 ogpa, 3.96 sgpa, current grad student with pubs. Update: acceptance 12/1

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users