2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i hope there are more acceptances to come.
Right? I mean has any April interviewees heard back yet? Surely they'd give us a chance along with those on the WL?

Members don't see this ad.

Right? I mean has any April interviewees heard back yet? Surely they'd give us a chance along with those on the WL?
I think so, I interviewed April 21st and my interviewer said that I'm likely to hear something by late May.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance 2 days ago and was placed on AL 2 weeks ago. withdrew yesterday, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
When did you interview? haha same though :(
Late January! And I was waitlisted in that massive wave on the 22nd. When did you interview? Also, I totally feel the same about SDN - but somehow it's like I can't stop coming back far too often.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have any idea/thoughts on when people who interviewed in the last couple of weeks will hear back? I interviewed early last week and it's just such odd timing it's hard to know what to expect

• Wow
Does anyone have any idea/thoughts on when people who interviewed in the last couple of weeks will hear back? I interviewed early last week and it's just such odd timing it's hard to know what to expect
So i also interviewed really late, and it feels like i have no skin in the game, but i think we might just need to hold out a little longer... maybe towards the end of May, which is what another SDNer had mentioned. :O :(

I interviewed April 7 and was put on the AL May 2 so it definitely varies.

• Wow
So i also interviewed really late, and it feels like i have no skin in the game, but i think we might just need to hold out a little longer... maybe towards the end of May, which is what another SDNer had mentioned. :O :(
I interviewed in mid jan and my interviewer was like 'ur grades arent good' which like lol yeah bro i know but ur interviewing me.. I wish there was some transparency around standing/information post interview

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in mid jan and my interviewer was like 'ur grades arent good' which like lol yeah bro i know but ur interviewing me.. I wish there was some transparency around standing/information post interview
LOL, well it does show that you had a killer app if they thought u were good enough for an interview despite your grades! but yes, i definitely agree there should be more transparency. :(

I’m on the AL and just emailed admission about the requirements. I’m so confused. Apparently we ARE supposed to complete them
D96CD794-82BA-47FB-B154-BEBD46D4FB34.jpeg

Hi all, interviewed September and waitlisted about 2 weeks ago (yes, yikes). I just got a pretty long email that starts like this:

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have not yet selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” to our medical school.

WTF?? I WAS NOT ACCEPTED BUT AM I???? AND THEY JUST HAVENT TOLD ME? IS THIS A MISTAKE? HELP. THE EMAIL IS DIRECTLY UNDER MY NAME TOO

Edit: it also says I have until tomorrow end of business day to choose what in the flipping **** is going on downstate. You ghosted me for over 6 months to waitlist me and now this???

• Wow
Hi all, interviewed September and waitlisted about 2 weeks ago (yes, yikes). I just got a pretty long email that starts like this:

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have not yet selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” to our medical school.

WTF?? I WAS NOT ACCEPTED BUT AM I???? AND THEY JUST HAVENT TOLD ME? IS THIS A MISTAKE? HELP. THE EMAIL IS DIRECTLY UNDER MY NAME TOO
me too!! very very confused

JUST GOT THUS EMAIL TOO IM SO CONFUSED

Got the same email too lol. Also interviewed September

Got that email too... Called admissions... They said it was an eff up. Absolutely HORRIBLE .

Got that email too... Called admissions... They said it was an eff up. Absolutely HORRIBLE

Well, honestly that helps me being ok knowing i prob won't go there. If they do stuff like this, I imagine the rest of the schools admin isn't much better

I wanna say that im really sorry for anyone that has no A's rn- I know how difficult WL season is and I have been there. What they're doing is vile and dangerous, even if it's just a gross level is incompetence.

Reactions: 6 users
I’m on the AL and didn’t receive the accidental email you guys got.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I’m on the AL and just emailed admission about the requirements. I’m so confused. Apparently we ARE supposed to complete them View attachment 354271
This reads to me as "completing the pre-matriculation reqs sooner than later is advantageous, as you need some time to do them, and if you get accepted later on in the summer you won't have as much time to complete them". Is that accurate?? Others' input would be valued. btw I also got that scary email :(

Reactions: 2 users
This reads to me as "completing the pre-matriculation reqs sooner than later is advantageous, as you need some time to do them, and if you get accepted later on in the summer you won't have as much time to complete them". Is that accurate?? Others' input would be valued. btw I also got that scary email :(
That’s what I thought too?? But it’s so unclear

In other words: completing those pre-matric reqs is not advantageous for the reason of gaining acceptance, but rather for logistical reasons later on should we eventually be accepted?

In other words: completing those pre-matric reqs is not advantageous for the reason of gaining acceptance, but rather for logistical reasons later on should we eventually be accepted?
Exactly. If you get accepted June 30th and have to scramble it makes life hard.

Edit: it also says I have until tomorrow end of business day to choose what in the flipping **** is going on downstate. You ghosted me for over 6 months to waitlist me and now this???
So far I have two acceptances and 1 I withdrew from. I still would like to go to downstate. Do I need to choose plan to enroll/commit to enroll at this other school or can i leave it blank for right now in order to remain on this WL. Anyone know?

So far I have two acceptances and 1 I withdrew from. I still would like to go to downstate. Do I need to choose plan to enroll/commit to enroll at this other school or can i leave it blank for right now in order to remain on this WL. Anyone know?
I think you need to check that school’s specific policy.

From my understanding you can still stay on WL with plan to enroll but not commit to enroll

Thank you can anyone else confirm before I do this?
Yes, you can still be on waitlists/alternate lists if you plan to enroll at a school. You just need to check when the commit to enroll deadline is for the school you have listed as plan to enroll. When you commit to enroll is when you have to remove yourself from any waitlists.

how do i plan to enroll? i a just on AL i am not sure if there is anything I am supposed to do
I don't think you have to plan to enroll unless you have an A somewhere else? I got an email from admissions that said:

"If you currently an alternate that has other acceptances, you are required to access the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School

Tool and select the Plan to Enroll or Commit to Enroll option."

sooo for those who were on the WL before their A, did they send you another email regarding a change in status? How did you guys receive the A after the Wl?

For those on the AL that got accepted, did y'all complete the pre-matriculation forms?

Will be withdrawing my A from here, great school! Also p.s I did not complete anything from the pre-matriculation checklist, and got accepted off the waitlist. Good luck!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Accepted off the AL at 10:41 this morning. Sent an LOI on 4/25 and I sent an update letter about a clinical volunteer position yesterday morning

• Love
Reactions: 9 users