2021-2022 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now LM 74

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear a peep from Rochester after getting accepted? Haven't heard diddly squat on next steps or FB group.

Pre-II R.

Not like I was expecting to get in here, but it is what it is.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
R GANG!! no one wants to go to cold Rochester anyway (jk accept me for residency pls)

good luck yall ;D

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Under or over 516 MCAT?
Under. To be honest, I'm honored that I was even put on the waitlist because of how low my MCAT was. Due to timing shenanigans, I submitted my list BEFORE I got my score back. If I'd known what my score was before submitting my list, I definitely wouldn't have applied lmao.

Under. To be honest, I'm honored that I was even put on the waitlist because of how low my MCAT was. Due to timing shenanigans, I submitted my list BEFORE I got my score back. If I'd known what my score was before submitting my list, I definitely wouldn't have applied lmao.
You mean formally placed on an interview hold? That's pretty good tbh since most don't even get a hold.

You mean formally placed on an interview hold? That's pretty good tbh since most don't even get a hold.
Correct, "hold." And it was definitely the most unexpected part of my cycle, but it seems it's all come full circle.

All that's left is to see how the rest of the cycle turns out, then try again in the future. Good luck humans.

Interview invite received today! Complete mid-August. OOS, ORM.

• Wow
Current medical student at Rochester here! I understand the lack of transparency with medical school admissions can be frustrating. At the end of the day, every school wants to present their best to applicants. Feel free to send any questions my way, and I’ll answer them as honestly as possible! Best of luck, everyone!

Just got the pre-II R, complete early July. Not surprised but disappointed. See yall for residency apps!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Correct, "hold." And it was definitely the most unexpected part of my cycle, but it seems it's all come full circle.

All that's left is to see how the rest of the cycle turns out, then try again in the future. Good luck humans.
Do you mean the "Application Under Review" email? I don't think any of us received an official interview hold email, but their "We have not forgotten you" email seemed to be equivalent to an hold in the past...

ps: Does anyone know if they save their own undergraduate's application until late in the cycle? I suspected that's why I still haven't received a rejection from my alma mater, but can anyone confirm?

Do you mean the "Application Under Review" email? I don't think any of us received an official interview hold email, but their "We have not forgotten you" email seemed to be equivalent to an hold in the past...

ps: Does anyone know if they save their own undergraduate's application until late in the cycle? I suspected that's why I still haven't received a rejection from my alma mater, but can anyone confirm?
I was complete early Aug and did not attend Rochester for undergrad and haven't received a R or II yet but received the "we have not forgotten you" email back in November. I suspect it might just be that they haven't decided on how to proceed with our apps yet since we've survived multiple R waves thus far, but who knows for sure

Does anyone who interviewed late November/early December know when we might hear back?

Reactions: 4 users
I was complete early Aug and did not attend Rochester for undergrad and haven't received a R or II yet but received the "we have not forgotten you" email back in November. I suspect it might just be that they haven't decided on how to proceed with our apps yet since we've survived multiple R waves thus far, but who knows for sure
I'm on the exact same boat as you! complete early Aug, didn't attend Rochester, no R or II but received that email and submitted an update... I'm thinking of submitting another (significant in my eyes haha) update in a few weeks, and maybe that'll help them with making a decision on how to proceed w our apps

complete late August, never received a "we have not forgotten you" email so I was shocked to receive an II in January. It might be equivalent to hold... but who knows!

Do people think there is still a chance to get an interview here. I am an alum and work at the hospital, with a decent MCAT and good grades

Does anyone who interviewed late November/early December know when we might hear back?
Based off of the past 3 years, decisions resumed coming out on the Tuesday at the end of Jan/early Feb, so this coming Tuesday seems to be the most likely time for us to start hearing back again

Just got an A via email!!!! Interviewed 12/1. Incredibly grateful that they gave me a chance lol, hope this means more of y'all will be hearing soon :)

Post-II WL. Congrats to all with As and condolences to those who didn't get the answer they were hoping for.

Seems like they usually do As/WLs on same day and hold rejections for a week or two later. Nobody can convince me that there is anything worse than being rejected AFTER an interview. Gut wrenching and wouldn’t wish it upon my worse enemies.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got the A this afternoon as well. Interviewed 12/1. OOS. I’m so grateful that Rochester gave me the A. Yay!

complete late August, never received a "we have not forgotten you" email so I was shocked to receive an II in January. It might be equivalent to hold... but who knows!
Never got a “we have not forgotten you” email. Radio silent, hoping for an II though…

WL yesterday, interviewed 11/23. Rochester is very much my top choice so I’m hoping I still have a chance

Can anybody shed some light onto what it means to be a liberal arts medical school? I’ve been going through the website and taking a look at the info on there but I can’t really find much about how Rochester embodies a liberal arts approach. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Is there a place on the portal to Withdraw or do I need to email the admissions office?

Does anyone know if accepted applicants attend all days of the second look? Or can you just show up for one day?

Question for people who have been WL/R post interview. Do you still get invitations for pop up cafe?

I get way too many tbh. WL in late October
Thank you. And Same lol.I was thinking that getting a cafe invite today maybe meant they just haven’t reviewed me yet instead of R but I guess it doesn’t correlate

Does anyone know if accepted applicants attend all days of the second look? Or can you just show up for one day?
Nevermind it seems like the second look is going to be virtual this year again

On the website, it says that all interview decisions will be communicated by March 1? Do any recent interviewees know if thats a mistake, or those interviewing in Feb should also expect to hear back by then?

On the website, it says that all interview decisions will be communicated by March 1? Do any recent interviewees know if thats a mistake, or those interviewing in Feb should also expect to hear back by then?
Pretty sure that means all their IIs will be sent by March 1st, not that all admissions decisions will be sent out by March 1st