2021-2022 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait listed. Interviewed early December
Sorry to hear that but still in the running! If you don’t mind me asking, did this just come out now or this morning like the other person who posted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A this morning at 10:26am by email!

Deets for the interested: ORM, OOS, complete 7/22, interviewed 1/19, LM 81 (52x/3.9x), Scorpio, idk what else

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed right before the big decision wave—is the next round of decisions going to come out in 4-6 weeks or will the timeline be a bit more compressed with traffic day coming up?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interview here with mediocre stats? I got significant ties but all I’ve heard is silence, seems like everyone interviewing has at least a 3.8/518+

Maybe they’re not on SDN? Lol idk it’s just that when I got mine today I immediately thought about your post 🙂
I think that less people post As later in the cycle as the novelty wears off. Of course, school threads that have big releases like Harvard Yale etc have an uptick in activity when decisions are released but for rolling admissions each decision wave seems to garner less excitement

Anyone interview here with mediocre stats? I got significant ties but all I’ve heard is silence, seems like everyone interviewing has at least a 3.8/518+
My MCAT wasn't as high and I had no ties (traditional ORM)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed today (3/2). Any idea when post II decisions at this point in the cycle will come out? They didn't say anything about the timeline :(

Yeah my MCAT is lower and I also got an interview! Congrats on 7 As though that's amazing. My LM is around a 71. OOS ORM no ties

Can anyone speak to how important stats seem to be post-interview?? Definitely afraid that I'm interviewing for the WL haha

Can anyone speak to how important stats seem to be post-interview?? Definitely afraid that I'm interviewing for the WL haha
It’s not stats but timing. There are just fewer spots at most schools now than in the fall. Fortunately, most schools keep As for every interview day. You have as good of a chance of getting one of those as anybody else interviewing now. Try not to think about interviewing for waitlist. Be positive

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
It’s not stats but timing. There are just fewer spots at most schools now than in the fall. Fortunately, most schools keep As for every interview day. You have as good of a chance of getting one of those as anybody else interviewing now. Try not to think about interviewing for waitlist. Be positive
Ah thank you!! This was really kind :giggle: !

Pre-Il R, IS and went here for undergrad. Literally in the med school building when I got the email

• Care
Pre-Il R, IS and went here for undergrad. Literally in the med school building when I got the email
same here...but it's quite nice of them to offer an advisory meeting for application feedback:rofl::rofl:

same here...but it's quite nice of them to offer an advisory meeting for application feedback:rofl::rofl:
That's at least better than some R emails I've gotten that pretty much say "don't ever look at or talk to us again"

I can't tell you for sure, but you definitely got an interview for a reason. Your stats certainly didn't hold you back there. Just do your best and be confident. Speak sincerely about the stuff you're passionate about. Take time and be thoughtful in your answers. The interviews are pretty laidback so no need to worry there. If parts of the Rochester mission/curriculum resonate with you (e.g. Biopsychosocial model, relationship-centered care, humanities), mention it.

In other words, do your best to give them a reason to overlook the numbers in favor of other aspects of you, if you're worried about your stats.

• Care
Anyone who interviewed on 2/2 hear back yet? Or know when we’re supposed to hear?

Received pre-II R this morning. Best of luck y'all!

A this morning at 10:26am by email!

Deets for the interested: ORM, OOS, complete 7/22, interviewed 1/19, LM 81 (52x/3.9x), Scorpio, idk what else
As a Taurus moon, I appreciate this level of detail :lol:

• Haha
Received an email, copied below, telling me they are basically behind on decisions. Anyone else received this?

"I wanted to touch base to let you know a final decision regarding your application status should be made within the next few weeks. Please do not construe this as any issue with your application; we are a little behind with review of applications by our Committee and this is the reason for the delay.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and I sincerely apologize for this delay."

Reactions: 2 users
Received an email, copied below, telling me they are basically behind on decisions. Anyone else received this?

"I wanted to touch base to let you know a final decision regarding your application status should be made within the next few weeks. Please do not construe this as any issue with your application; we are a little behind with review of applications by our Committee and this is the reason for the delay.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and I sincerely apologize for this delay."
same here

+1. Interviewed 2/10. My email also had another sentence in the beginning. Is there anyone who has not received this email?
I have NOT received an email about delayed decisions, interviewed early February

*edit* I didn't feel great about the interview - may be an impending post interview R??

Last edited:
Interviewed 2/28, did not receive this email. Did anyone else who interviewed later not receive anything?

Is there a "high waitlist" this year and a regular waitlist? Last year it looks like Rochester sent high waitlist spots to at least some applicants toward the end of the cycle.

Had the same exact email today too - interviewed 2/1 :)
Same email and it showed up on my phone as "URSMD Final Application Decision..." before opening the email. I about had a heart attack before seeing "...Delay". Maybe it's time to invest in a phone with a larger screen.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything from Rochester about applying for aid? I haven't gotten any emails from them about it and just checked their website and saw the deadline to submit everything was March 1st?

WL today. Interviewed 1/25. Super bummed as this is my top choice but still hoping for the best!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Do they usually roll out multiple decisions in a day?