2022-2023 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone speak about their interview experience here?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone speak about their interview experience here?
Both of my interviews were with faculty and felt very conversational and easy. This school was my first interview so considering that I was freaking out internally the interviewers made me feel very comfortable and I wasn't nervous anymore once we started talking. I really enjoyed interviewing here and thought they both went really well! The group ethics discussion was a little awkward for me but I'm not a huge fan of unmuting myself on zoom lol so that might just be personal preference. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Post II R 5 min ago. Interviewed early Dec. I thought the interview went well but I guess not :(

• Care
Interviewed early December, have not heard anything yet :/ Anyone else in the same boat?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 pre II r, complete in early July as well

Does anyone know if Rochester takes low-stat applicants seriously? I'm worried that even though my interviews went well, my stats might close me out.

Does anyone know if Rochester takes low-stat applicants seriously? I'm worried that even though my interviews went well, my stats might close me out.
I think since they gave you an interview then they are definitely taking you seriously! I think they only interview about 600 students out of 6000 applicants. I'm on the lower end stats-wise and was waitlisted after my interview.

• Care
After months of lurking, I finally decided to make an account. Submitted late June, update sent late October, II mid December, Interview late January. OOS, LM75. Hoping for some good news from this school!

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know when merit scholarships are offered during the admissions timeline, if any?

Reactions: 1 users

Attachments

• 1677267420010.png
    1677267420010.png
    39 KB · Views: 66
Hi guys, are you comfortable sharing stats, ORM/URM, and general interview feel?
3.89, 519, ORM, felt not too great about interview (interviewers were very kind and casual, I was just so nervous)

• Care
today is the last interview day, hopefully that means they will get decisions back to us quicker than 6-8 weeks!

today is the last interview day, hopefully that means they will get decisions back to us quicker than 6-8 weeks!
They told me at my 2/15 interview that I’d probably hear back by early to mid March, so it’s very possible!

i interviewed on monday, they said final decisions for the rest of us should be out in mid march

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
With a 522 mcat/3.9 gpa & no gap year, I ended with 4 WLs & no As. Should I have hope at all this cycle? Feeling highly dejected

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Got my post-interview packet in the mail today, really hoping to get an A🤞🏼

Last edited:
Has anyone had success with negotiating their financial aid package here? I'd love to go but I don't know if I can justify the cost in comparison to my instate institution 😭

anyone from late jan hear back yet?

I called today (interviewed Jan 12) and they said they would take another couple weeks

• Love
Reactions: 4 users