2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if its been a week and our letters are still under review, should we call them?

Members don't see this ad.

II received! IS, URM, 511, 3.48 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 3.9 SMP GPA.
Complete 07/28

Reactions: 4 users
So I submitted my secondary about a week ago and my letter of recs have all been received (for a while now) but it says my application isn't complete because they haven't reviewed the LoRs yet. Is this the case for anyone else? Should I ask them about it?
what happened ultimately? im in the same predicament

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I’m assuming you guys are virtual this year as well? Last year during our interviews we were given a virtual interview under the banner of a campus (I.e. mine was under the Chicago banner) but obviously we didn’t go to the school.

On the application portal last year it said something like we highly encourage you to rank the Chicago campus as your number one choice because we feel you would be a good fit for the mission at that campus (something like that). After you get accepted you rank your campus preference at the 3 sites and they then assign them to you at a later date.

There were plenty of people though who interviewed under the Chicago campus and ranked the Chicago location as their number one and didn’t get it because 90% of accepted students will rank Chicago as their number 1 choice so they can’t give that to everyone and from what I’ve heard appeals are rarely granted (our m1 class is a lot bigger than they anticipated).
Interviews are virtual, yes! But when I got the II email, it didn't specify a specific campus. Maybe it'll specify on Zoom on the interview day?

Interviews are virtual, yes! But when I got the II email, it didn't specify a specific campus. Maybe it'll specify on Zoom on the interview day?

Ours were campus specific in the portals but again that meant little as they had representatives from every campus on zoom. They probably learned from last year when people interviewed under one campus and didn’t get to go there is my guess.

How important is Casper for this school?
I am wondering the same thing. They also require Snapshot and Duet, so maybe they consider the Altius Suite more than other schools. Hard to tell.

Reactions: 2 users
I am wondering the same thing. They also require Snapshot and Duet, so maybe they consider the Altius Suite more than other schools. Hard to tell.
I scored in the first quartile and was complete in early July. Have not heard anything back from them. The rest of my application was solid so it makes me believe that Casper is weighed heavily.. There’s very little transparency when it comes to Casper.

Reactions: 1 users
I scored in the first quartile and was complete in early July. Have not heard anything back from them. The rest of my application was solid so it makes me believe that Casper is weighed heavily.. There’s very little transparency when it comes to Casper.
In the exact same boat as you, IS as well. One of my top choices so it's definitely frustrating, but not much to do at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I scored 4th quartile.
I'm also an alumna from Undergrad so maybe that was weighed as well?
Hey, congrats!! I've been wondering if they would send out II for those that have completed CASPer but not Snapshot. Did you complete Snapshot prior to your II?

Hey, congrats!! I've been wondering if they would send out II for those that have completed CASPer but not Snapshot. Did you complete Snapshot prior to your II?
I have not completed Snapshot but plan on doing it this weekend before the II

yupp but I dont think it was necessary
Thank you for the response! and I see, I hope not. I just missed the 14-day window that Altus recommended you to complete Duet and Snapshot in and it looks like UICOM is requiring all 3 tests this year.

Thank you for the response! and I see, I hope not. I just missed the 14-day window that Altus recommended you to complete Duet and Snapshot in and it looks like UICOM is requiring all 3 tests this year.
The Altius deadline was extended! I didn't complete my Snapshot for a few months after Casper once I realized that UICOM required all components. You should still be able to complete it.

The Altius deadline was extended! I didn't complete my Snapshot for a few months after Casper once I realized that UICOM required all components. You should still be able to complete it.
oh that's good to hear! I was just about to email them regarding it. I hope that not completing Snapshot in time would not delay/affect the screening process though.

How important is Casper for this school?

My CASPER was probably awful and I was accepted. Unfortunately we didn't get quartile scores so I can't tell you how well I actually did.

My CASPER was probably awful and I was accepted. Unfortunately we didn't get quartile scores so I can't tell you how well I actually did.

I’d have to agree, while I’m in the same boat and don’t actually know what quartile my Casper is in since I did it last year, I imagine it wasn’t the best. I distinctly remember one question that I thought was so ridiculously stupid that I typed a paragraph about how I wouldn’t ever put myself in such a stupid position before answering it. Still got in so who knows?

Does anyone know if the people who review the scholarly concentrations essays also read the secondary essays? Wondering if I can pull from the same experiences that I wrote about in my secondary.

Here’s to the end of another week of disappointment 🥲

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else been stuck on Letters of References Not Reviewed for 3+ weeks?

8v2i1sywvfo51.jpg

Someone in here is getting an II today, I can feel it....

Reactions: 5 users
Secondary completed 06/08, II on 07/23. 510 MCAT, 3.94 cGPA, IS, URM.

For the interview, should we go into in being aware of a specific campus we'd like? Or should I be learning details about each campus? For reference my #1 choice is Peoria, but since it looks like we aren't interviewing under a certain banner I'm not sure if I should frame my answers around that campus. Like in terms of answering "why this school", etc

For the interview, should we go into in being aware of a specific campus we'd like? Or should I be learning details about each campus? For reference my #1 choice is Peoria, but since it looks like we aren't interviewing under a certain banner I'm not sure if I should frame my answers around that campus. Like in terms of answering "why this school", etc
They say that you apply to the system and get accepted to the system, so there's nothing school-specific about the interview.

They say that you apply to the system and get accepted to the system, so there's nothing school-specific about the interview.
Yeahhh I know it's not actually school-specific but I'm just wondering if it would be bad to talk about specific programs/amenities on a certain campus rather than talk about the entire system. maybe I'll end up doing a mix..

Question for anyone who applied to a Scholarly Concentration Program: Did you receive any sort of confirmation after your submitted your application to the program? Like an email or an update to your portal? I hit submit but nothing about my page is changing and it still lets me make changes in the text boxes so I'm a little confused.

Question for anyone who applied to a Scholarly Concentration Program: Did you receive any sort of confirmation after your submitted your application to the program? Like an email or an update to your portal? I hit submit but nothing about my page is changing and it still lets me make changes in the text boxes so I'm a little confused.
Don’t worry about that. It stays open until the deadline. As long as you clicked submit, they will be able to see your essays. And, no, I did not receive the confirmation for that portion.

I was wondering the same thing. So, I emailed them and they said they received it. All you have to do is click submit.

Not the Q&A email giving me a mini heart attack thinking it's an II

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Not the Q&A email giving me a mini heart attack thinking it's an II
I appreciate that they are trying to give us opportunities to learn more about the school, but why they gotta be like that? at least send it from a different email that's like applicantoutreach or something, medamit is very misleading

Did they mean to send me this II email…or is it a glitch bc they just sent out webinar emails…I don’t know but stay tuned lmao

• Haha
Has anyone had an interview here yet? I have mine tomorrow and I'm tweaking a bit because it starts at 8 but my library where I reserved a room doesn't open until 9. For the first couple presentations, is it literally just a presentation or are we expected to be participating? Like I'm trying to gauge if I can watch the first part on my phone in my car...sorry if I sound ~neurotic~

Has anyone had an interview here yet? I have mine tomorrow and I'm tweaking a bit because it starts at 8 but my library where I reserved a room doesn't open until 9. For the first couple presentations, is it literally just a presentation or are we expected to be participating? Like I'm trying to gauge if I can watch the first part on my phone in my car...sorry if I sound ~neurotic~
It is largely presentation-based for the first 2 hours before your interviews! There are opportunities here and there to ask a question or two. I don't see a large problem if you can get into the library room before your interviews start!

It is largely presentation-based for the first 2 hours before your interviews! There are opportunities here and there to ask a question or two. I don't see a large problem if you can get into the library room before your interviews start!
Thank you so much!

OOS II received this morning!! Complete 7/30, 3.9/511/URM/4th quartile Ca$per. They only had one day available a week from today so kinda nervous rn but super happy!
Congratulations..
Still waiting for II. Completed on 7/9, 3.9/515/3rd quartile/IS. Should I be worried?

Congratulations..
Still waiting for II. Completed on 7/9, 3.9/515/3rd quartile/IS. Should I be worried?
This is very anecdotal evidence but last year it felt like a lot of the IS IIs came a bit later. It may just be the way they sort apps, but I could be completely wrong. Anyway your app looks perfect for UIC though so try to stay hopeful, you are in great shape.

Congratulations..
Also completed 7/9 with similar stats and IS but lower Casper... hoping that IS IIs come later!

Does having a family member connected with UIC significantly help with OOS admissions? I'm deciding whether or not to apply..the more I read, the more I like this school tbh