2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So the collegeboard website is going under some renovations or something, and there's like no way I can get my SAT scores from 2012 until like two or three weeks from now (plus I have to pay an exorbitant fee). I don't think I took the ACT. Is it okay to just leave that section blank? I can guess at what my SAT scores were, but honestly I don't remember for sure.

Does it matter if I select just one additional area of interest?

Members don't see this ad :)
I cannot upload my picture. is anyone else having the same problem?

Your comment made me go back and look, and I had definitely uploaded mine before I submitted but now it says it's gone? Confused lol

My submission went through no problem and my app was marked complete, so idk what's going on

Your comment made me go back and look, and I had definitely uploaded mine before I submitted but now it says it's gone? Confused lol

My submission went through no problem and my app was marked complete, so idk what's going on
I submitted the app yesterday and paid the fee. I just realized that I needed to upload a pic but it's not letting me. Hopefully that wouldn't cause a problem :smack:

I submitted the app yesterday and paid the fee. I just realized that I needed to upload a pic but it's not letting me. Hopefully that wouldn't cause a problem :smack:

Seems like it's a problem on their portal's end. It only lets you submit if your app is complete so I think we should be okay!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I know some schools make you upload a picture only if you get an II, so maybe Illinois has the same idea but the portal is messed up

lmfao where did we have to upload a picture i did not see that when i submitted
I know some schools make you upload a picture only if you get an II, so maybe Illinois has the same idea but the portal is messed up
I did not upload a photo the first time, but I was just able to go into mine just now again and submit again with a photo. Not sure if that will cause any problems or not...

I emailed them and if you submitted without a photo (like me) they would like you to upload and re-submit the secondary

I emailed them and if you submitted without a photo (like me) they would like you to upload and re-submit the secondary
Do you have to re-submit after you upload it? Or is it automatic?

This whole resubmission business is quite upsetting since I submitted my secondary on 6/30 and now I have to resubmit it today.

Members don't see this ad :)
This whole resubmission business is quite upsetting since I submitted my secondary on 6/30 and now I have to resubmit it today.

You don't have to fill out the essays again or anything! It's just uploading a picture and checking the submit box

But it will probably kick me way back in the queue
Do you actually think it will do that though? The same problem happened to me, but I have a message from them saying my application was complete on the 5th?

Secondary submitted! UIC is my top choice.
How long did it take for letters of rec and CASPER to show as marked? Mine says not received although I sent casper a while ago.

My roommates app was marked complete without Snapshot. FYI

It says his app is in the queue for screening, not sure if I believe it though

How long did it take for letters of rec to be marked as complete?

Marked complete! Good luck everybody! I hope my top choice shows me some love.

Does UIC COM send secondaries to everyone? What is their screening process like?

Does UIC COM send secondaries to everyone? What is their screening process like?
based off podcast they do screen and do not send based off single digit percentile MCATS

Is the MCAT the only screen?
This I am not sure about, I know they do calculate GPA themselves if need be (in the podcast Dr. Amiri talked about how they can remove a year if it was poor and recalc) but I am not sure if GPA is used for screens

Got the thank you for your submission we will keep you updated email.. rip

Does anyone know if you can be invited for an interview without a Casper score on file?

anyone know when invites/rejections are going to be sent out?

anyone know when invites/rejections are going to be sent out?
Just like with every other school, no.
They all just say interviews will be sent out over a ~7 month span.

Can the scholarly concentration application be submitted after your secondary has been submitted?
The payment comes before the RMED/GMED/UMED essays.

I think I asked this before but I am still confused, can you get invited for an interview without casper results?

I think I asked this before but I am still confused, can you get invited for an interview without casper results?
It is my understanding that they will not even start to review your application unless your Altus Suite is in.

are there no MSTP questions? I applied MSTP only but I'm not sure if I get the MD app by mistake...

I'm a Canadian and it says 'International documentation not received' under status. I thought we didn't need to provide anything as a Canadian?

are there no MSTP questions? I applied MSTP only but I'm not sure if I get the MD app by mistake...
I applied MSTP as well, and there were no additional questions for me either.

Reactions: 1 user
My app was marked complete without Snapshot if anyone is wondering about that. Tbh I thought it wouldn’t be.

does the email about the SCP webinar mean anything or is it sent to everyone?

does the email about the SCP webinar mean anything or is it sent to everyone?
Seems like it probably went to everyone. Was definitely a rollercoaster to see an email from "medamit" lol just for a webinar.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Was planning on submitting my UIC secondary but realized that I hadn't taken the Snapshot/Duet portion of the Altus Suite. I took my Casper test back in June, and on the Casper website it says that schools who require the entire Suite request that all of them be completed within 10 days of each other. Do I even bother submitting my secondary? How big of a deal is this?

Was planning on submitting my UIC secondary but realized that I hadn't taken the Snapshot/Duet portion of the Altus Suite. I took my Casper test back in June, and on the Casper website it says that schools who require the entire Suite request that all of them be completed within 10 days of each other. Do I even bother submitting my secondary? How big of a deal is this?
you can still take it.

So I submitted my secondary about a week ago and my letter of recs have all been received (for a while now) but it says my application isn't complete because they haven't reviewed the LoRs yet. Is this the case for anyone else? Should I ask them about it?

Last edited:
II received 8/11, OOS, app complete 7/8

Reactions: 4 users