2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Complete 7/8, LM 78 and IS
Did you get it just now? Trying to figure out if they send them out in a batch or throughout the day. Congrats btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Submitted secondary 07/05 and have already completed CASPer/Duet but not Snapshot. Received confirmation that my application is complete, but would no Snapshot hold-up II? I'll be completing it within 1-2 days.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else just have a massive heart attack after seeing an email from Illinois pop up, hoping it's an II only to realize it's just a webinar invitation? Just me?

• Care
Reactions: 19 users
I just checked the status of my application and noticed my photo was never uploaded before submission. Would it be appropriate to upload it to the portal as "additional documents" or should I email admissions?

Could anyone help me out and post the follow up questions so I can prepare these questions a little better? I know from last year once you select one of the categories they have a few follow up questions.
  • Community Health Urban
  • Healthcare disparities
  • Global Health
Thanks!

I just checked the status of my application and noticed my photo was never uploaded before submission. Would it be appropriate to upload it to the portal as "additional documents" or should I email admissions?
Hey, I am choosing to reply to your comment but this also applies to anyone else who experienced this issue. I submitted 7/9, was complete 7/13. I checked my portal today on 8/11 and saw my photo missing. Instant heart attack, am I right? I emailed admissions (so you don't have to) and this is what they said:

"Not to worry, we added this feature back once we discovered it was not included. Please go ahead and upload a new photo. This won’t affect your submission date."

(kudos to UIC though, they got back to me within 10 mins.)

Anyway, I did as she asked and then re-submitted my app. This will also cause you to panic, because my submission date now says 8/11. I re-emailed once I resubmitted to confirm my date did not change, and she sent me a photo of my app with the original submission date still intact (but now including the photo). I hope this helps you guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hey, I am choosing to reply to your comment but this also applies to anyone else who experienced this issue. I submitted 7/9, was complete 7/13. I checked my portal today on 8/11 and saw my photo missing. Instant heart attack, am I right? I emailed admissions (so you don't have to) and this is what they said:

"Not to worry, we added this feature back once we discovered it was not included. Please go ahead and upload a new photo. This won’t affect your submission date."

(kudos to UIC though, they got back to me within 10 mins.)

Anyway, I did as she asked and then re-submitted my app. This will also cause you to panic, because my submission date now says 8/11. I re-emailed once I resubmitted to confirm my date did not change, and she sent me a photo of my app with the original submission date still intact (but now including the photo). I hope this helps you guys!
mine won't let me upload a photo now... anyone else having this issue?

Congrats to everyone getting interviews very exciting! Are they doing in person this year or will y’all be doing the zoom interview like we did last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does U of I review apps in order? I submitted my secondary on 6/30 and have heard nothing, so I am wondering if this means I am unlikely to get an interview assuming my app has probably been reviewed by now.

Hi everyone, current M1 here and we just finished orientation. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Does U of I review apps in order? I submitted my secondary on 6/30 and have heard nothing, so I am wondering if this means I am unlikely to get an interview assuming my app has probably been reviewed by now.
Me too

You can never assume this because all schools sort differently. And even if they review by order of submission, certain reviewers are slower than others.

Reactions: 4 users
II just received 30 minutes ago! OOS, no ties in my immediate family but all of my relatives have done some sort of education at this school so super excited!!

II just received 30 minutes ago! OOS, no ties in my immediate family but all of my relatives have done some sort of education at this school so super excited!!
Whats with all these weekend II's? Congrats!

• Love
Just out of curiosity, what was your casper score?

4th quartile CASPer, I am by no means a faster typer, but I swear by the BEMO format for answering CASPer questions if anyone wants to take a look at those!
Well, I def seeing a pattern here. I probably will not get an II.

Please tell me there isn't a part three to these scholarly concentration webinars. My heart can only take so much

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Please tell me there isn't a part three to these scholarly concentration webinars. My heart can only take so much
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

this is how I feel every.single.time

Was complete on 7/1, right away. Then I called UICOM in mid July bc apparently my photo was not uploaded. Then I was told to submit it as an "additional document" which turned out to be wrong. I reuploaded the photo and they told me it won't affect my application or anything even though I've been complete for a while. Hopefully they're right lol.

Any out of state with no ties received II yet?

And yes, the webinar emails will be the death of me I'm always about to drop my phone.

II received!!! IS, 509, 3.5x. casper 50-75th quartile
Must have manifested one by asking the other day!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Is it okay if we just complete one area of interest essay? or do we need two?

II Received! 516, 4.0, 2nd Q CASper, URM, IS

edit: complete 7/9

Can you hit submit on a scholarly concentration and still add more later?

Are interviews for a specific campus? I thought in past years they were, but not sure about this year and I'm a bit confused about how you end up ultimately specifying a certain campus.

Are interviews for a specific campus? I thought in past years they were, but not sure about this year and I'm a bit confused about how you end up ultimately specifying a certain campus.

Hey I’m assuming you guys are virtual this year as well? Last year during our interviews we were given a virtual interview under the banner of a campus (I.e. mine was under the Chicago banner) but obviously we didn’t go to the school.

On the application portal last year it said something like we highly encourage you to rank the Chicago campus as your number one choice because we feel you would be a good fit for the mission at that campus (something like that). After you get accepted you rank your campus preference at the 3 sites and they then assign them to you at a later date.

There were plenty of people though who interviewed under the Chicago campus and ranked the Chicago location as their number one and didn’t get it because 90% of accepted students will rank Chicago as their number 1 choice so they can’t give that to everyone and from what I’ve heard appeals are rarely granted (our m1 class is a lot bigger than they anticipated).

Are we considered incomplete if we did not submit a photo although it says I am complete? Idk if I am being neurotic just want to be sure