2021-2022 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted Omaha campus just now!!!! I got an email, but my portal doesn't have the acceptance packet there, did anyone else have this issue?
Congrats! I am in Omaha campus as well, maybe we will be classmate one day :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who's already interviewed - what's the vibe like for the Friday session? Is it super formal/should i wear my suit and tie, or is it slightly more relaxed?

For anyone who's already interviewed - what's the vibe like for the Friday session? Is it super formal/should i wear my suit and tie, or is it slightly more relaxed?
Hi, it's an informational session with the deans, admissions officers, and current medical students. I would wear formal attire just because you are presenting yourself in front of these various individuals. There is Q&A with the dean, in the beginning, then they let you talk with the medical students, then at the end, they do a presentation and last-minute questions. Hope this helps!

Hi, it's an informational session with the deans, admissions officers, and current medical students. I would wear formal attire just because you are presenting yourself in front of these various individuals. There is Q&A with the dean, in the beginning, then they let you talk with the medical students, then at the end, they do a presentation and last-minute questions. Hope this helps!
That was helpful, thank you!

Has anyone that got accepted write an update letter/LOI? Is it necessary?

I give an update about my publications. I don't think it is necessary unless it is significantly, I have two 2 new publications so I think it wouldn't hurt my chances. If you have more non-medical volunteer hours that is not listed elsewhere, I recommend you to give an update becaue Creighton really cares about "service". For LOI, I would usually wait after decision, if you are waitlisted, maybe LOI will help you to get off the waitlist.

I was accepted yesterday and I sent in a letter of interest! in the info session I attended the Dean made a comment about how they like continued interest and encouraged the letters. i had 0 update because I have just continued all the same activities that were on my application, so my letter was just about how my current activities reflect Creighton's mission and how I was excited to expand my service to different communities at Creighton! N = 1 but I dont think an interest letter would hurt pre-decision!

My thank you for interviewing message disappeared. Do you guys think that means an A is coming or just that they made a decision? Interviewed two weeks ago.

My thank you for interviewing message disappeared. Do you guys think that means an A is coming or just that they made a decision? Interviewed two weeks ago.
based on when this happened before you probably have some news coming your way pretty soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
its just that a decision has been made, it'll get sent out this upcoming week

thank you message disappeared earlier this morning, just checked recently and am accepted on portal :) no email yet though! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
When were you complete?
secondary complete 7/20
interviewed 10/7
app went to committee 10/15 (your app doesn't go to committee until you go to the info session)
accepted today! but no email yet, just saw on portal

secondary complete 7/20
interviewed 10/7
app went to committee 10/15 (your app doesn't go to committee until you go to the info session)
Thank you for sharing and congrats!!!!

secondary complete 7/20
interviewed 10/7
Also how do you know when your app goes to committee?

Interview is on Monday. Anyone have any last minute advice? I really like this school and can see myself going to it. Thank you!

Interview is on Monday. Anyone have any last minute advice? I really like this school and can see myself going to it. Thank you!
just be genuine and make sure to show that you fit with the mission of the school! Also just relax and be yourself!

To anyone who was also at the 10/8 info session I checked my portal on a whim and my decision was uploaded earlier than they said! so so so happy, first A:)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Just got accepted to the Omaha campus! Quick question, I was given my nest account information but I don't know where to pay the 100$ fee and accept the offer. If anybody could help out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! Just got accepted to the Omaha campus! Quick question, I was given my nest account information but I don't know where to pay the 100$ fee and accept the offer. If anybody could help out, it would be greatly appreciated!
First off, congratulations! When you log in, it will be immediately on the first page that loads towards the bottom titled "Pay for School's Class Reservation Deposit Online" Hope this helps.

First off, congratulations! When you log in, it will be immediately on the first page that loads towards the bottom titled "Pay for School's Class Reservation Deposit Online" Hope this helps.
Thank you so much :)! Is this form on the secondary portal or the nest account? Because I dont see it in either.

got placed on the heart drenching alt list:(

• Sad
Anyone else have a super relaxed interview here? My interview was much more chill than I was expecting. Lol I don’t know if I did well or not. I felt like I was blabbering and stumbling over my words a lot.

Anyone else have a super relaxed interview here? My interview was much more chill than I was expecting. Lol I don’t know if I did well or not. I felt like I was blabbering and stumbling over my words a lot.
I enjoyed my interviews thoroughly. The student was soo nice, I want to be her friend lol

Forgot to send a thank you note after my interview. Smh. How screwed am I?

Forgot to send a thank you note after my interview. Smh. How screwed am I?
Chilled, you ll be fine, I didn’t send one but still got in, don’t worry, u got this!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those of you that interviewed last week did they specify when they are going to release acceptances?

For those of you that interviewed last week did they specify when they are going to release acceptances?
yeah, they said either this coming Monday or the one after that depending on which batch we were in

yeah, they said either this coming Monday or the one after that depending on which batch we were in
Wow that’s a quick turn around. So for those that interviewed this week they can expect to hear back in two weeks?

Wow that’s a quick turn around. So for those that interviewed this week they can expect to hear back in two weeks?
I interviewed today and was told 4-6 weeks hmmm

Edit: I’m thinking this might be due to the holidays coming up

I interviewed today and was told 4-6 weeks hmmm

Edit: I’m thinking this might be due to the holidays coming up
I think we'll probably have to wait and see what they say at the info session on Friday about the timeline to hear back. See y'all who interviewed this week there! (even though we won't recognize each other lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone who paid the deposit here please DM me and help me?

Edit: Of course I figured it out right after posting this. For anyone who is struggling and doesn't see any options on their portal, search the term they give in the email in the top bar and it'll fetch the right link for you.

Last edited: