2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend got an II yesterday so they are still giving them out!
Interviewed here last cycle in October. No love from them so far this cycle :/

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed here last cycle in October. No love from them so far this cycle :/
I remember u from last cycles WL threads! praying for you!! 2 med schools I interviewed with last cycle haven't pinged me yet, so I feel that :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is a deadline for the scholarship application that was sent out a while back?
Which scholarship application are you referring to? Was it sent out to everyone or only certain students?

No early WL movement this year I guess. Good or bad sign?

Anyone know when we can expect next wave of decisions?

Reactions: 2 users
Which scholarship application are you referring to? Was it sent out to everyone or only certain students?
It was just like a general scholarship application to apply to any scholarship. I’m assuming it was sent to everyone. I got it back in November.

To any current students, I was wondering if it has been in any way a disadvantage that UB doesn't have its own university teaching hospital?

To any current students, I was wondering if it has been in any way a disadvantage that UB doesn't have its own university teaching hospital?
UB has its affiliated hospitals across Buffalo. Two of which, Buffalo General Hospital and Oishei Children are right across from the school building. Some schools are in bundle with university teaching hospital to ensure their students have reserved resources such as patients volume, available preceptors, etc. UB is the only medical school in the entire Western New York region, thus no reason for UB to manage its own university hospital.

UB has its affiliated hospitals across Buffalo. Two of which, Buffalo General Hospital and Oishei Children are right across from the school building. Some schools are in bundle with university teaching hospital to ensure their students have reserved resources such as patients volume, available preceptors, etc. UB is the only medical school in the entire Western New York region, thus no reason for UB to manage its own university hospital.
That makes sense, thank you!

A!!! Received this morning. Interviewed In person on 1/15!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone found any information on how the waitlist is structured? Can't seem to find anything about it on the website

Reactions: 1 user
T

The WL part of that theory doesn’t seem accurate since there has been no WL movement yet.
Possibly but not necessarily because last cycle (and this one) are very unlike the ones they've had in the past so that may have impacted how much movement we have seen. Last year had some movement in December and then pretty much nothing after which is odd for a school that's known for taking a significant portion of their students off the WL.

Possibly but not necessarily because last cycle (and this one) are very unlike the ones they've had in the past so that may have impacted how much movement we have seen. Last year had some movement in December and then pretty much nothing after which is odd for a school that's known for taking a significant portion of their students off the WL.
yeah, I wouldn't stress ab WL movement until later in the cycle! (I'm on the WL now). Feels like a much less stressful process to assume im not going to hear anything until at least April. I'd just update them and hope for the best :)

yeah, I wouldn't stress ab WL movement until later in the cycle! (I'm on the WL now). Feels like a much less stressful process to assume im not going to hear anything until at least April. I'd just update them and hope for the best :)
I will say tho, it's difficult being on the WL! This is my second time on the WL (interviewed in Aug 2020, WL Dec Interviewed Sept 2021, WL Nov 2021), I love the program, the facilities are amazing and people seem so genuine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying to be optimistic

I will say tho, it's difficult being on the WL! This is my second time on the WL (interviewed in Aug 2020, WL Dec Interviewed Sept 2021, WL Nov 2021), I love the program, the facilities are amazing and people seem so genuine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying to be optimistic
It really is. Each year is so different from the other but because we don't know when we can hear back, we can only look back at other years and compare. But when we see differences, it becomes more disheartening (last year had movement in December but we still haven't had any). Of course, we have to look at it from a positive perspective. Last year had movement early on but none later. Since it's unlikely that there is no movement at all, these next few months should have at least some movement, hopefully a lot. Best of luck to everyone waiting out this difficult process!!

• Care
II today lol.

I threw a Hail Mary around late October and submitted. Very happy to get the invite!

Am I interviewing for the WL? Or I actually got a shot at an A this late in the game?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II today lol.

I threw a Hail Mary around late October and submitted. Very happy to get the invite!

Am I interviewing for the WL? Or I actually got a shot at an A this late in the game?
If you're interviewing, you're interviewing for an A. You may get WLed but you definitely can get an A right away.

Got the II today around Noon! My first one ever!!!!

IS LM 69 Complete in July

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Unexpected II today! Completed 7/26, OOS (close NY ties), LM 67.

Will be declining invitation, but figured I'd let y'all know II's are still going out. Best of luck everyone! Great school.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
+1 II today too! complete early October and in person interview date is scheduled for early march so I guess there are still interview dates out there

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For people that have gotten accepted, are there multiple emails? Not sure if I should check my email before an exam :/

Is there any use to sending a LOI at this point in the cycle? Or is it something that I shouldn't really bother with?

Any chance we get decisions today? Jacobs generally has about a 1 week turn around for in person interviewees, kinda shocked we haven't gotten anything yet.

Any chance we get decisions today? Jacobs generally has about a 1 week turn around for in person interviewees, kinda shocked we haven't gotten anything yet.
They generally release decisions at the end/beginning of the month so you'll probably get your decision this week or early next week.

"post-interview survey" e-mail send anyone else into cardiac arrest or just me :')

Do they give any scholarships out w the acceptance or only after submitting the scholarship application?