2022-2023 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @runningwild_ for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Buffalo (Jacobs) Secondary Essay Prompts

1. In 500 words or fewer, please explain your reasons for applying to the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Buffalo. Please be specific.

2. In 500 words or fewer, please explain how you would respond to a fellow student who muttered a racist or homophobic statement under their breath in your presence and that of other peers.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Supplemental for Univ of Buffalo received by email around 11am EST today.
These two questions are in the portal:

In 500 words or fewer, please explain your reasons for applying to the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Buffalo. Please be specific.

In 500 words or fewer, please explain how you would respond to a fellow student who muttered a racist or homophobic statement under their breath in your presence and that of other peers.

Good Luck everyone! :giggle:

wysdoc

Reactions: 1 users
Seems to be the same from last cycle. No mention of Covid though?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS secondary received.

Reactions: 1 user
why did....a university professor....from buffalo visit my linkedin....maam please

Verified on 7/22, Secondary received 7/22, submitted 7/24. OOS w/ties

ETA: actually it was the 28th that people started posting about IIs. Year before was Aug., the year before was July 23. So still might see something this week

I believe today was the day IIs began trickling out last year. Maybe we’ll see some invites this week

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When are they scheduling out to, also, was there an option as to in-person or virtual?
Virtual and in-person options. Virtual interviews are held 8/11-17, and in-person interviews are held on Wednesdays.

I was looking at the previous cycles II timing and I read quite a few people who said that Buffalo has a "random review" process. Idk if its true or if its still applicable. Does anyone know about this?

I was looking at the previous cycles II timing and I read quite a few people who said that Buffalo has a "random review" process. Idk if its true or if its still applicable. Does anyone know about this?
I don’t think it really matters the order they review. Because, let’s face it, they are going to offer high-stat applicants interviews first regardless of if a lower stat applicant was reviewed first, even if that lower stat applicant will eventually get an II. But, yes, I believe that is still the way it goes.

Last edited:
I never received a secondary invite, but I did receive an e-mail on June 24th stating that I would be receiving one soon. Is this weird? Or do they also pre-screen?

I never received a secondary invite, but I did receive an e-mail on June 24th stating that I would be receiving one soon. Is this weird? Or do they also pre-screen?
Did you check your spam?

Has anyone been able to access the payment link for the secondary? I tried yesterday and today but it says that link is under maintenance for me.

Hey for updates. Does Jacobs send you a status update?

For any permanent residents here: do we have to email our greencard to buffalo? I rmbr having to do this for my previous cycle, but buff doesn't mention it this time

did anyone else get the email about the student panel q&a?

II earlier today, 71 LM, IS, ORM, and complete on 6/26/22.

Good luck to the other applicants!

• Love
Seems like they are up to 07/13 work IIs…congrats yall

i might just be an outlier

don’t feel like any school goes in any particular order tbh lol

Nah most med schools tend to follow rolling admission, and it makes sense as all the IIs (including urself) are apps that came in early.

Nah most med schools tend to follow rolling admission, and it makes sense as all the IIs (including urself) are apps that came in early.
Your comments are calming me down! Lol I am getting nervous seeing the IIs for Buffalo and Stony Brook (even though I submitted a tad later). Thanks for the reassurance! :)

Your comments are calming me down! Lol I am getting nervous seeing the IIs for Buffalo and Stony Brook (even though I submitted a tad later). Thanks for the reassurance! :)

No worries man, we all in this together lol. Im in the same boat as you cuz my undergrad took forever to submit my committee letter so even though i submitted my secondaries early, i wasnt complete till they uploaded the letter. We got this tho

• Care
that's fair! I would say that don't see it as all the interviews for up until 7/13 are done considering we saw a 7/5 3 weeks ago and a 6/27 today you know?

that's fair! I would say that don't see it as all the interviews for up until 7/13 are done considering we saw a 7/5 3 weeks ago and a 6/27 today you know?
From what I've read, schools follow the general trend of rolling admissions, but they are not obligated to look at earlier apps first. So if their system 'recommends' a later app for whatever reason (stats, EC, disadvantaged etc), the review order can go out of the trend a bit.

From what I've read, schools follow the general trend of rolling admissions, but they are not obligated to look at earlier apps first. So if their system 'recommends' a later app for whatever reason (stats, EC, disadvantaged etc), the review order can go out of the trend a bit.

Oh yeah absolutely! It makes sense to considering people who get IIs like 3 days after submitting their secondaries in August.

For anyone who got an II this week, when are your interviews scheduled for?