2022-2023 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I brought a crossbody bag but wore it on my shoulder. I don't think anyone will care too much abt what type of bag you bring. You can leave the bag in the room where you have lunch as you go to separate rooms for interviews, no one will bother it there.
thank you so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students talk about the quintiles? It's pass/fail and then after the second year you get a quintile, right?

Can any current students talk about the quintiles? It's pass/fail and then after the second year you get a quintile, right?
Not a current student, but when I asked this of the M2s giving the tour, they said quintiles are kept throughout. So not true pass/fail

Members don't see this ad :)
Application Complete 8/31/22, offered interview on 1/18/23. Interviews completed on 2/4 and 2/6, virtually.
In-state student, attended UB for undergrad, and would like to stay in WNY for medical school.
Hoping for a quick turn-around time. Fingers crossed!

Application Complete 8/31/22, offered interview on 1/18/23. Interviews completed on 2/4 and 2/6, virtually.
In-state student, attended UB for undergrad, and would like to stay in WNY for medical school.
Hoping for a quick turn-around time. Fingers crossed!
Last year people who interviewed on 2/7 got accepted on 2/23.

Last year people who interviewed on 2/7 got accepted on 2/23.
That would be epic -- I wonder if there's any difference in timeline for hearing back, for those that interviewed in-person vs virtually, or if it's all the same.

That would be epic -- I wonder if there's any difference in timeline for hearing back, for those that interviewed in-person vs virtually, or if it's all the same.
I think it might be the same. They can't discriminate against people who interviewed online, so I'm assuming they have to keep a similar timeline for both.

+1, also applied in July, in state. Does anyone know if we’re interviewing for the waitlist at this point?
Probably not. They admit around 180 students, but currently only have ~90 students in the accepted Facebook group. So even if that’s only half the people they actually accepted, I would say at least that many are going to end up going to school somewhere else. So, lots of spots left

Reactions: 2 users
In terms of pre-clinical grades, the curriculum is P/F, however they will calculate your grades in the background to place you in a quintile. They'll notify you a few times throughout the four years what quantile you're in. This quintile is shown in your Dean's Letter, or MSPE, which is a standardized letter that medical schools send to residency programs when you apply to residency.

I emphasize pre-clinical grades because how you do on each third year clerkship relative to your class (satisfactory, high satisfactory, honors) is on the Dean's Letter for each individual rotation. I'm not sure if that is the norm at other schools since it's been some time since I applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody that has interviewed in February heard back yet about an A/WL/R?

OOS II on Thursday. Super excited that they give us the option to interview in person! Any interview tips for this school?

OOS II received today!! Anyone know how easy it is to switch virtual interview dates? I'll be on vacation the exact dates they gave for potential interview times.

OOS II received today!! Anyone know how easy it is to switch virtual interview dates? I'll be on vacation the exact dates they gave for potential interview times.
I was in the same boat funny enough and they accommodated me. It takes a second to hear back from via email though.

Also, if this is one of their last interview dates, you might need to do the interview on vacation!

Have any feb interviewees heard back yet? I’ve heard at this point in the cycle they take longer than normal to get back to students, but I wonder how long exactly

Probably not. They admit around 180 students, but currently only have ~90 students in the accepted Facebook group. So even if that’s only half the people they actually accepted, I would say at least that many are going to end up going to school somewhere else. So, lots of spots left
There is 111 part of the accepted group currently. I’m curious to know if the students that are in the group are for sure going to JSBMS

Have any feb interviewees heard back yet? I’ve heard at this point in the cycle they take longer than normal to get back to students, but I wonder how long exactly
I interviewed virtually in the first week of February and have not heard back yet. I'm not sure if any February interviewees have heard back yet. I have been checking my email every morning lol

Is the Student Panel Q & A discussion after the interview mandatory? I am just seeing this now and will be on vacation on the Friday after my interview :')

Is the Student Panel Q & A discussion after the interview mandatory? I am just seeing this now and will be on vacation on the Friday after my interview :')

i couldn’t make it to mine either but the email said if you can’t make it just disregard so i took it as a no lol

It’s not required.
I didn’t participate in mine because I had other things scheduled, and I still got accepted the following week.

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Complete some time in mid-July. I did not expect this lol

Reactions: 4 users
II today! Complete 8/15. Thought I was cooked for this MD cycle, but I got 2 late II's in Feb/March!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten a A/WL/R this or last week? If so when did you interview?

Has anyone gotten a A/WL/R this or last week? If so when did you interview?
Interviewed first week of February - I'm still waiting on an update. Do we know when the last wave of A/WL/R's are from? Is it the last week of January or what?

Just got a pre-II rejection after complete radio silence since submitting my secondary in July.

WL today... :( interview day, late feb/early march

Anybody else receive decisions?

If you've interviewed here recently, could you plz let me know how it was? mine is coming up in a couple of days and considering I've heard nothing but WL so far, I'm not super confident about my interview skills lol

If you've interviewed here recently, could you plz let me know how it was? mine is coming up in a couple of days and considering I've heard nothing but WL so far, I'm not super confident about my interview skills lol
It was a really chill interview! I thought mine went well, although I still ended up with a WL. The interviewers were very nice and it was definitely more conversational than some other ones.

It was a really chill interview! I thought mine went well, although I still ended up with a WL. The interviewers were very nice and it was definitely more conversational than some other ones.
Thank you! my interview was today and it was very chill as well. Although given how late it is I think ill most likely end up on WL. Do you know how their WL movement is typically?

Thank you! my interview was today and it was very chill as well. Although given how late it is I think ill most likely end up on WL. Do you know how their WL movement is typically?
After doing some digging around and from previous years, it seems that they pull quite heavily from the waitlist. I don't know how their waitlist works as far as ranked/unranked, but we can hope regardless. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
After doing some digging around and from previous years, it seems that they pull quite heavily from the waitlist. I don't know how their waitlist works as far as ranked/unranked, but we can hope regardless. Best of luck to you!
do you know if it was common for them to interview in April?

Thank you!! you too

I interviewed in late January and still haven’t heard anything back from this school. Has anyone gotten post-interview As/Rs since then?

Does anyone know when financial aid is released? Does buffalo tend to give out money/scholarships?