2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Jacobs send Rs asap, or do they do it silently?
I think they do it silently. I applied in the 2019-2020 cycle and got the R in late March. No communications from them since submitting in August. And it seems to be a repeat this time around.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also just took the R, womp womp

Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sending bunches of hugs to everyone that got the R today, do you guys mind sharing if the pre-II R was for the MD program or MDPhD program?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/8, in person, in state

LM 72, Buffalo Graduate.

Wait listed.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
After losing my dad to having my grades drop. From having to attend two different graduate programs and after reapplying fours times. I finally got the acceptance. I am an MD to be. I got the A last night! For everyone else who didn't, have faith I know every one here will be a doctor one day. If I can do it, I know all of you can do it too!!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
After losing my dad to having my grades drop. From having to attend two different graduate programs and after reapplying fours times. I finally got the acceptance. I am an MD to be. I got the A last night! For everyone else who didn't, have faith I know every one here will be a doctor one day. If I can do it, I know all of you can do it too!!!!!
Congratulations! ❤️

Congratulations. Major props future doc! Hope to study with you next year. Your resilience is inspiring

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received A or R yet since getting waitlisted?

Interviewed 11/29, IS, WL last night 😄👍🏼 Stats right around their MSAR median.

pre-II R, MD program, Not in state but CT and heavy ties to the school :/

Hello fellow applicants/students I wish to happily share I got the A :soexcited:
Post interview, in-person, OOS. Good luck!

Is there any accepted students group page? Or is that to come?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 12/8, in person, in state

LM 72, Buffalo Graduate.

Wait listed.
The turn around time is so quick! Why? I also saw one person got the decision the SAME Day after the interview....:unsure::unsure: UB seems to have a special way to their ADCOM meeting.

Interviewed 11/24, in person, in state
LM 62. Wait listed!

• Care
Currently WL'ed here. Buffalo is my top choice--are they receptive to letters of intent?

Currently WL'ed here. Buffalo is my top choice--are they receptive to letters of intent?
I don't think it could hurt, but there was some chatter last year (you can check the thread) about letters not doing much to move people on waitlists. I think you should do whatever lowers your stress level/makes you feel good about your standing, while also being aware that the committees are super busy and prob dont need an update every week haha. I was on 4 WL's last cycle, so I understand the painful feeling. Hang in there!!!!

+1 II for January within the last hour. IS ORM 513 3.71, submitted 8/17 after being on WL last year. So excited to be able to go in person, hope they don’t renege for zoom only due to this recent surge.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A for MD/PhD! Interviewed December 14th and 15th so I was shocked to receive a decision today!

• Love
Just got the A for MD! I must I’ve interviewed with Countrychkn on 12/15 - they are moving FAST :)

• Love
Got the A this morning!!!! Let’s go Buffalo! Interviewed 12/14 and 12/15 virtual. IS, LM 72

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II this morning, OOS, complete 6/26, LM 73

Is there any body from Buffalo? How is the city? How is the cost of living?

I'm from a neighboring city but I think your best bet is to email admissions and ask for a contact with a current student. Experiences across Buffalo vary wildly depending on neighborhood or region, so if your questions are about the area in which you will be studying and living, you should discuss that with a current student.

Reactions: 1 users
Any word of an accepted students FB group or GroupMe yet?

I'm from Buffalo & currently live here. Honestly love the city, a lot of growth in the past 5 years. Tons of great spots to eat, the school is sooo beautiful and right downtown in a cool area off Allen street which has a bunch of bars and stuff. The city is right next to the water so there's cool spots to kayak & there's a bunch of parks/a few streets that do music & farmers markets over the summer. Cost of living isn't too bad, I live about 5 minutes from Jacobs on Richmond Ave, it's such a pretty street in the fall & summer. Ton of old mansions that have been converted to apartments. I split $1695 for a 2 BR, but that's actually on the expensive side for the area in my experience. If you want to live in a cool spot that's within 5 minutes of the school, has grocery stores/restaurants in walking distance & is reasonably priced, I'd looked into the elmwood village area (basically anything within Forest Ave to Allen St & Richmond Ave to Main St). I know a lot of people in duplexes that pay as low as like 400-650/month each. If you want to be in walking distance to med school, I'd say anything downtown or around Allen St- downtown gets a little pricier though. There's a few nice apartment complexes (i.e., the Grid, some apartments on Summer St., etc). But regardless, it's a really great place to live, city of good neighbors!! go bills :)

Anyone know if there is a deadline for the scholarship application that was sent out a while back?