2020-2021 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when they sent the II email, they detailed:

Admission Course Prerequisites: Statistics (AP Credits will not be accepted to fulfill the Statistics requirement. Community College credits will be accepted)

heh, my stats credit is in fact AP... does anyone know strict they are about this? idk if it's worth taking a single course for a single application... also will they still admit you and do like a conditional acceptance to take a college-level stats course before matriculation?

Historically, Creighton will accept students who do not fully meet requirements on condition of completion of such a course prior to matriculation. I believe there were 2-3 students in my class who had to take an online physiology course in order to successfully matriculate but were interviewed and admitted conditionally.

Members don't see this ad.

If we wanna talk about community service opportunities in our Why Creighton essay - but want to go to the Arizona campus...any tips? I can't seem to find rigid volunteer experiences listed on the Pheonix page

If we wanna talk about community service opportunities in our Why Creighton essay - but want to go to the Arizona campus...any tips? I can't seem to find rigid volunteer experiences listed on the Pheonix page
There's nothing about the Phoenix campus because it's brand new. No students have ever gone there, so they can't talk about students volunteering there. Just look up volunteering opportunities in Phoenix. It's one of the biggest cities in the US, so there is a lot to do.

Members don't see this ad :)

You may be able to talk about their overseas volunteer opportunities as well since I’m sure those apply to both campuses. If you would be interested in doing some global health volunteer work that is

Has anybody gotten an interview invite? Last year, they had a lot of interview invites already sent out, I don't see any for this year yet
This year is a whole lot different. Haven’t heard any movement yet.

I feel like I may be over thinking this question “2.In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School or Medicine achieve its mission. (2000)”

Are most people just approaching this as a diversity essay??

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I may be over thinking this question “2.In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School or Medicine achieve its mission. (2000)”

It's pretty open ended, but if your diversity can allow you to contribute to the school's mission, then sure

It's pretty open ended, but if your diversity can allow you to contribute to the school's mission, then sure

Yeah this is kinda a lay-up diversity/ what makes you unique thing. If you are URM, bi/multi-lingual LGBTQ thats all cool. If not, you can focus on childhood experiences (rural/urban) or whatever other fun facts make you different (artist/engineer/non-traditional etc).

Reactions: 1 user

I wrote about my diversity and perspective but also highlighted some of the organizations and efforts the medical school has going on. I also included how I felt I could contribute to the advancement of those projects. Hope this helps

Could someone post the prompts?

- At Creighton we Commitment to "service of others" through non-medical volunteer activities. Please list all of your non-medical community service hours post high school. Feel free to list any experience previously described on your AMCAS application. Please include a brief description, dates and number of hours for each event. (300 characters per activity)
- Please state your reasons for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. (2000 characters)
- In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School or Medicine achieve its mission. (2000 characters)
- Describe how you have dealt with a personal challenge or major obstacle that you have overcome. Focus on what you learned about yourself and how it will help you during the challenges you might face in medical school. (2000 characters)
- Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (2000 characters)
- Are you currently enrolled in an advanced degree program? yes/no
- Are you currently enrolled in a post bacc? yes/no
- Have you previously applied to Creighton? yes/no
- Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student. (2000 characters)
- Do you have any relatives who have graduated from Creighton? yes/no, if yes, please list.

- At Creighton we Commitment to "service of others" through non-medical volunteer activities. Please list all of your non-medical community service hours post high school. Feel free to list any experience previously described on your AMCAS application. Please include a brief description, dates and number of hours for each event. (300 characters per activity)
- Please state your reasons for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. (2000 characters)
- In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School or Medicine achieve its mission. (2000 characters)
- Describe how you have dealt with a personal challenge or major obstacle that you have overcome. Focus on what you learned about yourself and how it will help you during the challenges you might face in medical school. (2000 characters)
- Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (2000 characters)
- Are you currently enrolled in an advanced degree program? yes/no
- Are you currently enrolled in a post bacc? yes/no
- Have you previously applied to Creighton? yes/no
- Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student. (2000 characters)
- Do you have any relatives who have graduated from Creighton? yes/no, if yes, please list.
How many activity slots do they have for the first question? Is it limited like the AMCAS 15 or are you able to list everything?

I'm almost done with my secondary but I keep getting this error message when I try to select the Upload Materials tab:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'Session'

/creightonmed/_includes/schoolinfo.asp, line 324

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm almost done with my secondary but I keep getting this error message when I try to select the Upload Materials tab:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'Session'

/creightonmed/_includes/schoolinfo.asp, line 324

Has this happened to anyone else?
It did that when I used chrome, I realized hey explicitly say use Safari

It did that when I used chrome, I realized hey explicitly say use Safari

Thank you. It's been happening when I use safari as well. If it keeps happening tomorrow I guess I should call

Edit: it worked this morning

Last edited:
Thank you. It's been happening when I use safari as well. If it keeps happening tomorrow I guess I should call

Edit: it worked this morning
This happened to me too. Didn't work on chrome or safari, but when I tried it the next day it worked.

On reddit, people say Creighton screens out any students with a subsection lower than 125. Has anyone else heard this or know someone accepted with a lower score?

I’m annoyed because I have a 124 in CARS but they still sent me a secondary and took my money lol.

On reddit, people say Creighton screens out any students with a subsection lower than 125. Has anyone else heard this or know someone accepted with a lower score?

I’m annoyed because I have a 124 in CARS but they still sent me a secondary and took my money lol.

yeah they take people with 123 and 124 but not until may, they'll keep you in consideration until spots open up or don't if the rest of your application is qualified

source: me last year

Reactions: 1 users

1599087601152.png

I think they changed from last year. I'm almost certain this said that they require a 125 in each section.

yeah they take people with 123 and 124 but not until may, they'll keep you in consideration until spots open up or don't if the rest of your application is qualified

source: me last year
they seriously hold onto people with a 124 until may?

View attachment 317524
I think they changed from last year. I'm almost certain this said that they require a 125 in each section.

This could just be for secondary invites. MSAR shows their 10th percentile for CARS at 125 though. However, my CARS is also 124 so hoping they changed it this year!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else received this message after submitting their app: "Your application has been submitted but we have not received your application fee."

I paid and have a copy of the receipt, but this message keeps appearing. I already emailed admissions, but I am curious if anyone else experienced the same thing? I followed all instructions (such as going back to the merchant page after payment).

Has anyone else received this message after submitting their app: "Your application has been submitted but we have not received your application fee."

I paid and have a copy of the receipt, but this message keeps appearing. I already emailed admissions, but I am curious if anyone else experienced the same thing? I followed all instructions (such as going back to the merchant page after payment).

This happened to me and when I emailed admissions they were very prompt in getting it fixed!!

• Love
Good news everyone! (or bad lol). I called today asking some questions regarding my application and started talking with a super nice admissions lady. During our convo she told me that they were sending out the first batch of IIs by next week! (or next batch, not sure if anyone has gotten any yet).

Also, I promise I didn't pester her about IIs lol. She kinda just told me on her own accord

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Good news everyone! (or bad lol). I called today asking some questions regarding my application and started talking with a super nice admissions lady. During our convo she told me that they were sending out the first batch of IIs by next week! (or next batch, not sure if anyone has gotten any yet).

Also, I promise I didn't pester her about IIs lol. She kinda just told me on her own accord

I think this will be the first batch! By next week (as in tomorrow) or by the end of next week, do you know? This is one of my top choices!! Fingers crossed for all of us to hear good news!!!

I think this will be the first batch! By next week (as in tomorrow) or by the end of next week, do you know? This is one of my top choices!! Fingers crossed for all of us to hear good news!!!

I'm assuming next week. She mentioned something about zoom links towards the end of the convo, so I guess that means they're doing interviews over zoom maybe? Good luck, you got thiiiss!!!!

I'm assuming next week. She mentioned something about zoom links towards the end of the convo, so I guess that means they're doing interviews over zoom maybe? Good luck, you got thiiiss!!!!

Thanks!! You too!!

how did you guys approach the why creighton question if you want to be considered for both campuses? like you can't just mention opportunities in phoenix b/c that'll exclude you from omaha

how did you guys approach the why creighton question if you want to be considered for both campuses? like you can't just mention opportunities in phoenix b/c that'll exclude you from omaha

I talked about both campuses because I truly don't have much of a preference! Also figured since we had to select a preference it would show that I'm interested in both.

Did you get this via email? And is it campus-specific?

I got it via email this morning. It doesn't appear to be campus-specific. You have to kind of block off a week for the interview, where you schedule a 30 minute interview with both faculty and a student (mine are different days) and then the Friday of that week there is a required info session with the Dean and breakout rooms, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
I got it via email this morning. It doesn't appear to be campus-specific. You have to kind of block off a week for the interview, where you schedule a 30 minute interview with both faculty and a student (mine are different days) and then the Friday of that week there is a required info session with the Dean and breakout rooms, etc.

bruh. a whole week

II this morning as well. Complete 8/6, ORM, LM 79, OOS

so if I get an II I have to take a week off work???? I get 12 days off total for the year and I need to reserve them for interviews at other schools :’(
I was able to schedule my faculty and student interviews for the same day and then I have that Friday off. You get a choice as to which days you interview.