2020-2021 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did decisions come out for anyone who had an info session 1/22?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning, was complete early August! OOS, ORM. Only availabilities are for next week.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Creighton, where is my II? Please dont forget about me.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
II a few hours ago!!! OOS complete mid july

edit: declining the invite today, as I've been accepted to another school I love - Hope my interview goes to one of you!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
II a few hours ago!!! OOS complete mid july

edit: declining the invite today, as I've been accepted to another school I love - Hope my interview goes to one of you!
Psst psst...tell them to send it to me :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Thoughts on sending an interest letter pre-II? I was WL there last year, addressed their biggest concern with my application, and I went to a Jesuit undergrad so I feel like I would be a good fit.

Thoughts on sending an interest letter pre-II? I was WL there last year, addressed their biggest concern with my application, and I went to a Jesuit undergrad so I feel like I would be a good fit.
They take them! I packaged one in with an update!
-Fellow Jesuit grad

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Interviewed late January. Fast decision turnaround time, much appreciated 😃
Did your portal change and your acceptance was posted at the same time? Or Did your portal change a day or so earlier?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you send a general LOI? They have multiple spots to upload letters under different categories.
I didn't really brand it strictly as an LOI. My recommendation would be to think of an update, and just to package it in with that. They're also super helpful if you call them!

Did your portal change and your acceptance was posted at the same time? Or Did your portal change a day or so earlier?
Pretty sure it goes portal change to thanks for interviewing and then a couple days later u get the decision has been made and then the email

I didn't really brand it strictly as an LOI. My recommendation would be to think of an update, and just to package it in with that. They're also super helpful if you call them!
Hi! Sorry, but can you clarify please. So did you not send an actual Letter of Interest then? You mean you sent in an update, let's say in the Nonclinical Volunteering tab, and sprinkled in how you are very interested in the school?

Hi! Sorry, but can you clarify please. So did you not send an actual Letter of Interest then? You mean you sent in an update, let's say in the Nonclinical Volunteering tab, and sprinkled in how you are very interested in the school?
Yep, that's it. Ultimately it came out to be about 50-50 interest-update, but yeah.

Has Admissions mentioned if/when there will be a Second Look Day?

Reactions: 2 users
got ii last week, does someone know what is post-ii A rate OOS?

Do any current medical students know if PA students take classes with Med students? I know some schools allow it.

So nervous for decisions tomorrow. The thank you for interviewing message disappeared from my portal a few days ago, so I think it’s coming. I’d love to go to Creighton!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know around what time of day post-II decisions are sent out

Alternate list. Super disappointed about this one...love the school and felt like the interview went really well + great fit.

• Care
Interview today. How long usually it takes get the decision?

is there a place on the portal to upload a Letter of Interest/Interest post-II?

Last edited:
They told us at my interview that we should send updates if we have significant ECs. I've about doubled my overall EC strength since May. Should I send an update letter or a full-on LoI?

They told us at my interview that we should send updates if we have significant ECs. I've about doubled my overall EC strength since May. Should I send an update letter or a full-on LoI?
I would highly recommend giving an update post interview. Even if it’s just saying that you are continuing to do the things you already listed on your app. If Creighton is your #1 school then you could also dress it up as a LOInterest/intent

does anyone know if they're allowing accepted students to tour campus?

Sorry if this been asked, but are both the student and faculty Interviews open-file? The sdn page is like 1/3 saying closed-file but I saw somewhere b4 on here that it was open-file.

Sorry if this been asked, but are both the student and faculty Interviews open-file? The sdn page is like 1/3 saying closed-file but I saw somewhere b4 on here that it was open-file.
I'm sure it is open file. At least this time. My interview details email said two open file interviews so it is.

I am sure this has been asked, but are we allowed to send Thank Yous post II? Thank you!

I am sure this has been asked, but are we allowed to send Thank Yous post II? Thank you!
Yeah I asked that question after interview and they said send it to admissions email. They forwarded them for me

Hey does anyone know if Creighton is Pass/Fail in preclinical years? Also does anyone know if the exams are based on NBME questions ?

Has anyone else accepted to Creighton accessed the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS and not seen Creighton listed as an option or is it just me

Hey does anyone know if Creighton is Pass/Fail in preclinical years? Also does anyone know if the exams are based on NBME questions ?
M1 and M2 years are pass/fail! There is an "honors" category for the top 10% of students in each block but people don't make too big of a deal about it.

Our first couple block exams were in-house written questions with most resembling NBME style. The block we are current in will have a final exam that is solely composed of previous NBME questions. I've heard that they will do this with several different blocks to ensure students are on the right track with studying. Creighton re-vamped their curriculum last year so there is still a lot of changes happening with course content and exams.

M1 and M2 years are pass/fail! There is an "honors" category for the top 10% of students in each block but people don't make too big of a deal about it.

Our first couple block exams were in-house written questions with most resembling NBME style. The block we are current in will have a final exam that is solely composed of previous NBME questions. I've heard that they will do this with several different blocks to ensure students are on the right track with studying. Creighton re-vamped their curriculum last year so there is still a lot of changes happening with course content and exams.
Thank you so much !

So I opened up the AMCAS choose your medical school tool today and didn't see my acceptance from Creighton listed. Accepted in the first batch back in October. Anybody else see Creighton listed?

Reactions: 3 users
same I dont see Creighton listed and I got accepted in October

So I opened up the AMCAS choose your medical school tool today and didn't see my acceptance from Creighton listed. Accepted in the first batch back in October. Anybody else see Creighton listed?
Okay I thought I had missed a deadline or something and had lost my seat 😂 glad to see im not the only one with that issue