2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!
Jesus I have no hope hahahahah

Doesn’t mean anything other than they are doing what every school does, give their earliest interviews to the highest stat applicants and they are considered the safest applicants in terms of making it through medical school.

That being said, the highest stat applicants often get multiple interviews and acceptances so many schools don’t end up getting the higher stat applicants to go to their schools, and therefore the more middle of the road typical stats for that school applicants get interviews a couple of months later. I know the wait sucks but don’t lose hope .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Doesn’t mean anything other than they are doing what every school does, give their earliest interviews to the highest stat applicants and they are considered the safest applicants in terms of making it through medical school.

That being said, the highest stat applicants often get multiple interviews and acceptances so many schools don’t end up getting the higher stat applicants to go to their schools, and therefore the more middle of the road typical stats for that school applicants get interviews a couple of months later. I know the wait sucks but don’t lose hope .
Needed that, thanks

Reactions: 1 users
II this afternoon!

3.67 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA, 504 MCAT

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today as well. Marked as complete on 7/20. FWIW, I did not have the "Interview" tab on my portal until today.

II today as well. Marked as complete on 7/20. FWIW, I did not have the "Interview" tab on my portal until today.

Same here with the portal! I checked it at noon and nothing then got the II at 1:45 and it was there when I logged back in

Reactions: 1 user
II just now! Submitted secondary on 7/7/20

Last edited:
II this afternoon! 505, 3.94 sGPA, OOS
So excited :)

II today also. Did not previously have interview tab before today. IS 507 3.5

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II this morning too. 507, 3.77. Weirdly the earliest date is mid October.

Reactions: 2 users
Where did they mention it was 5 hours long?? I got an II this morning as well!
1596851677100.png

in the email

Whoa, what schools did you get an II to if you dont mind I ask? I share a LM score near you.
Yeah for sure, ICOM and WVSOM

Should add: I am kind of a non-traditional applicant, have worked as an engineer for about 2 years

Secondary submit today, applied to SOMA so figured I'd throw my dice in with KCOM too haha. Congrats on everyone with an II and good luck to everyone else!

Just got a rejection from this school. Guess that diversity email really meant nothing haha

• Sad
Just got a rejection from this school. Guess that diversity email really meant nothing haha
Sorry to hear, I’m sure mines on the way as well. I’m sure you’ll have better luck with other school, rooting for you :)

I was complete 7/24 (they waited for my updated MCAT score) and still nothing

Last edited:
Yeah for sure, ICOM and WVSOM

Should add: I am kind of a non-traditional applicant, have worked as an engineer for about 2 years
Great another engineer. I am traditional applicant electrical engineer. Was really tough since I had to take take heavier course load to do premed and EE and still do college athletics and all the EC’s but still really enjoyed the challenge

Great another engineer. I am traditional applicant electrical engineer. Was really tough since I had to take take heavier course load to do premed and EE and still do college athletics and all the EC’s but still really enjoyed the challenge
No way, I ran cross country! What did you do?

College swimmer 4 hrs a day in a pool. Best time I ever had

Should I email the school? I still have not received an II or any updates and I submitted my secondary on 7/2.:(

Should I email the school? I still have not received an II or any updates and I submitted my secondary on 7/2.:(
I wouldn't. I submitted on 6/21 and have not heard anything either but I am sure they are busy and will get to us eventually. This is a long process and it is still early so just be patient!

I wouldn't. I submitted on 6/21 and have not heard anything either but I am sure they are busy and will get to us eventually. This is a long process and it is still early so just be patient!
Still early seems like the first round were people who applied in May and early june . I sent secondary on 7/8/2020 forgot when they marked complete so plenty of time . As long as you haven’t got the big R , you got a chance

I was also a college swimmer!
Great a fellow swimmer . I think it hurt my GPA a little but I think it made me a better person so no regrets. Still miss the 2 a day practices and wt training and dry land exercises. Feel so flabby now since all the pools closed due to COVID

I'm feeling left out from the swimmers...anyone here into cycling and/or from Missouri? I love the MKT trail that crosses MO! California native so I miss the trails in Napa Valley, but missouri has some good places to ride too!

Hi all! Just wanted to say hello and throw my info out there for anyone reading.

Secondary received 6/13
Complete 8/3
Interview invite 8/9
Interview scheduled for 10/19

3.59 cum/3.69 science/512 MCAT

I went to undergrad in Kirksville and grew up in the area but currently residing in STL. LOR from an alum. Both of my kids were delivered by DO's. I am a bit of a nontrad but still young (turning 25 this fall).

Anyone have any idea what the virtual interview will be like?

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all! Just wanted to say hello and throw my info out there for anyone reading.

Secondary received 6/13
Complete 8/3
Interview invite 8/9
Interview scheduled for 10/19

3.59 cum/3.69 science/512 MCAT

I went to undergrad in Kirksville and grew up in the area but currently residing in STL. LOR from an alum. Both of my kids were delivered by DO's. I am a bit of a nontrad but still young (turning 25 this fall).

Anyone have any idea what the virtual interview will be like?
Congrats . Are you a post bac graduate

Wow just received II today and surprised by the pretty quick turnaround! Submitted secondary 8/7 and application was marked complete 8/10. Got the email for interview today (8/14). Thought it would be at least a couple of weeks before I heard back from them.

Wow just received II today and surprised by the pretty quick turnaround! Submitted secondary 8/7 and application was marked complete 8/10. Got the email for interview today (8/14). Thought it would be at least a couple of weeks before I heard back from them.
Congrats! Mind telling us how long the interview is?

Congrats! Mind telling us how long the interview is?
Apparently there are two sessions on interview day and you get to pick either the morning or afternoon session

8:45 AM - 2:00 PM (Morning session)
11:45 AM - 5:00 PM (Afternoon session)