2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I currently have an acceptance at another school, but prefer SOMA over this school. However, location is a big factor for me, so I would only pick SOMA over my current acceptance if I can get in to certain CHC's. But obviously the CHC movement will continue trickling throughout the month... Does anyone how traffic rules, if any would affect my situation? 😭
What's your other acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have an acceptance at another school, but prefer SOMA over this school. However, location is a big factor for me, so I would only pick SOMA over my current acceptance if I can get in to certain CHC's. But obviously the CHC movement will continue trickling throughout the month... Does anyone how traffic rules, if any would affect my situation? 😭
I do too! I’m hoping the TX site opens up because it was waitlisted for the longest time and it recently opened up and then closed yesterday. I hope theres more movement on the chcs! I think there will be considering how many people are moving on the list!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I do too! I’m hoping the TX site opens up because it was waitlisted for the longest time and it recently opened up and then closed yesterday. I hope theres more movement on the chcs! I think there will be considering how many people are moving on the list!
How did you find out information about the site opening and then closing? 😅

I’ve just been peeping at the chc website they gave us when we got the notice of selection!
ooo thanks! i didn't realize that was updated accurately...gonna be refreshing constantly now :rofl:

To those on the accepted students list, with another acceptance, how long are you guys going to wait for soma to call you before you start planning the move to your other school?

I GOT MY OFFICIAL SEAT! I"M BALLING RIGHT NOW

Edit: interview 1/20, acceptance seat pending 1/28. I’ve been waiting forever so there’s hope people!!!!
Congratulations!!! How many days did they give you to accept/decline the acceptance?

Congratulations!!! How many days did they give you to accept/decline the acceptance?
Not OP but I as also offered an official seat 2 days ago and they gave me until today to accept/decline.

Anyone know when orientation is? I read earlier in this thread that it was July 6th but I can't seem to find it on their website or any of their emails...

Anyone know when orientation is? I read earlier in this thread that it was July 6th but I can't seem to find it on their website or any of their emails...
Yes orientation starts on July 6th and I think it goes all the way up to 9th

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just reviewing the student checklist and saw there was a deadline for a preregistration fee due yesterday that I didn't pay since I initially thought this was the same as my deposit. Really hoping this won't impact my seat 😣

Was just reviewing the student checklist and saw there was a deadline for a preregistration fee due yesterday that I didn't pay since I initially thought this was the same as my deposit. Really hoping this won't impact my seat 😣
Really sorry to hear that. Do you have other acceptances to fall back on?

I got the call June 1 and had to pay both fees June 3 so it’s a quick turnaround.
Congratulations!!! How many days did they give you to accept/decline the acceptance

Has anyone heard from admissions that they won’t be able to get through the entire APS list??

I finally got a call of acceptance today and I was ranked 7. Also, didn't hear anything about the status of the APS list.

Reactions: 3 users
I finally got a call of acceptance today and I was ranked 7. Also, didn't hear anything about the status of the APS list.
Congrats! When did you get the accepted pending seat call?

Congrats! When did you get the accepted pending seat call?
Thanks. I was first accepted on 4/9/21. Then they called me yesterday saying that im next in line and got the final call today.

Thanks. I was first accepted on 4/9/21. Then they called me yesterday saying that im next in line and got the final call today.
which chc did you get?

I just got the call w/ full acceptance

Reactions: 2 users
I just got the call w/ full acceptance
Congrats!!! Does this mean they are finally pulling applicants with scores under 7 now? If you don't mind sharing, what was your exact ranking/score?

Congrats!!! Does this mean they are finally pulling applicants with scores under 7 now? If you don't mind sharing, what was your exact ranking/score?
Yeah I was a 6.89. I’ve been in constant contact with the admissions office

Yeah I was a 6.89. I’ve been in constant contact with the admissions office
Did they return your calls because I have been calling up there and I am around the 6 ish mark and they aren’t answering?

Did they return your calls because I have been calling up there and I am around the 6 ish mark and they aren’t answering?
I left a voicemail and somebody called me back! I usually just email admissions and they get back really quickly

Nope, been in limbo for abt 2 months now, and others have been waiting much longer. I doubt there will be much movement at this point.
I heard they are moving down the list and may not get to the waitlist this cycle, this is as of yesterday.

I heard they are moving down the list and may not get to the waitlist this cycle, this is as of yesterday.
I was accepted pending a seat (APS) 2 months ago, my score was around 6.7 or so. Not too sure how many are ahead of me still altho someone above with a 6.89 score was recently admitted

I wonder if ATSU is planning on sending an email update to the people still on the conditional acceptance list (like me) with what's going to happen with them seeing as how there's only about 2 weeks left until orientation.

Talked to Desiree today and she said there’s still around 100 people on the APS list. She still expects movement but not sure of getting through it all

Talked to Desiree today and she said there’s still around 100 people on the APS list. She still expects movement but not sure of getting through it all
Did she say how much of it she thought they will get through?

Did she say how much of it she thought they will get through?
She didn’t say anything specifically just unsure of going through the entire list. When i called about a month ago there were around 180 people on the list

She didn’t say anything specifically just unsure of going through the entire list. When i called about a month ago there were around 180 people on the list
Okay, thank you! Just curious because I believe she said I’m in the top 20.

Okay, thank you! Just curious because I believe she said I’m in the top 20.
When did she say you were in the top 20? I would imagine the numbers kept changing as more and more interviews continue to take place. It seems tho the APS list had 180 students at the mid-May AACOMAS deadline for students to commit to a school, so I don't think that number got any bigger. It is now down to 100 with people pulling their names from the APS list and previously accepted students rescinding their offers and being replaced by the next student on the APS list. Keep in mind that even tho there are 80 less on the APS list than before, we don't actually have info on who those 80 students were (many of them could have been students who were ranked lower on the APS list who simply withdraw their application if that makes sense); this of course would right-skew the data a bit.

When did she say you were in the top 20? I would imagine the numbers kept changing as more and more interviews continue to take place. It seems tho the APS list had 180 students at the mid-May AACOMAS deadline for students to commit to a school, so I don't think that number got any bigger. It is now down to 100 with people pulling their names from the APS list and previously accepted students rescinding their offers and being replaced by the next student on the APS list. Keep in mind that even tho there are 80 less on the APS list than before, we don't actually have info on who those 80 students were (many of them could have been students who were ranked lower on the APS list who simply withdraw their application if that makes sense); this of course would right-skew the data a bit.
She recently told me this. You’re right about this information though. It is definitely hard to continue the waiting game.

Really hoping for movement this week i’m losing my mind lol
yeah not sure there's really anything we APS peeps can do at this point. it's definitely a bummer to be in this waiting game - i really thought they would have sent an email by now updating conditionally admitted students on the APS list, at the very least to tell them that their admission will not carry over for next year. Hopefully they do away with the APS list going forward and just use a single WL to avoid confusion.

did anyone talk to admissions or Desiree? Orientation starts next week but they said movement can occur even during next week. Anyone know anything?

did anyone talk to admissions or Desiree? Orientation starts next week but they said movement can occur even during next week. Anyone know anything?
I heard that the adcom is done meeting for this cycle. And, yes, despite the adcom no longer meeting, the admissions office can technically still admit up until next Friday, July 9th (ie the last business day before classes begin on the 12th) which will be contingent on others withdrawing last minute.

I heard that the adcom is done meeting for this cycle. And, yes, despite the adcom no longer meeting, the admissions office can technically still admit up until next Friday, July 9th (ie the last business day before classes begin on the 12th) which will be contingent on others withdrawing last minute.
Thanks for the update! Just to clarify, plp can still withdraw after attending orientation?

Thanks for the update! Just to clarify, plp can still withdraw after attending orientation?
People can withdraw whenever they want to even after school starts, altho I wouldn't recommend that.