2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys anyone/current students with the CHC in chicago can I pm or message you I had a question.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i learned about the Brooklyn chc closure on SDN about 1-2 weeks prior to the school calling me directly and notifying me of the closure. They said I could rerank my chc list but that placement would depend entirely on the existing sites’ willingness to take on additional students. But a month passed, I was still not reassigned a new chc and was told the school could no longer guarantee a new chc placement so I withdrew. Seems like since then, Seattle (ie Renton) has also now closed overnight. Your doubts are definitely valid and I had the same concerns. At the end of the day you need to decide for yourself if the risk of attendance is worth it to you. Personally I think you’re better off reapplying than mortgaging your future on a very iffy med school. I contacted other DO schools and they said if I were to reapply to med school, they would not hold my rescinding of my admission from atsu against me given I was deferred by the school only to lose my chc (Brooklyn) during the deferral year.
Just wanted to add as long as you dont MATRICULATE you can reapply to AMCAS/ACCOMAS since they ask if you ever went to medical school and dropped out not if you had previous acceptances

Just wanted to add as long as you dont MATRICULATE you can reapply to AMCAS/ACCOMAS since they ask if you ever went to medical school and dropped out not if you had previous acceptances
Thanks yeah I think it should be okay. I didn’t matriculate at atsu, but am simply rejecting their offer of admission on the grounds that their school seemingly can’t uphold their end of the agreement

Members don't see this ad :)
SOMEONE HELP ME!! I have to decide between ATSU SOMA and CHSU COM and I have no idea which one to pick, I hear a lot of bad things with ATSU but I really don't know what to expect.

I mean go ask the kids at CHSU how they feel. Can confirm it isn’t great here at SOMA. SOMAs didactic style is new to us and two of our best clinical sites closed. The only pro that could come out of all this is if you get more free time to self study actual board material. We do have a steadily more robust alumni network but you’ve got to get to that point first.

I will say most low level professors and local coordinators have been great and huge in getting rid of the toxic LECOM-sequel leadership SOMA tried to setup. Aka reducing Dr Sheridan and Dr Coty’s roles.

The beauty of CHSU is it does sound like they stay mostly in Clovis/Fresno and honestly the 1+3 kinda sucks and I miss my friends.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean go ask the kids at CHSU how they feel. Can confirm it isn’t great here at SOMA. SOMAs didactic style is new to us and two of our best clinical sites closed. The only pro that could come out of all this is if you get more free time to self study actual board material. We do have a steadily more robust alumni network but you’ve got to get to that point first.

I will say most low level professors and local coordinators have been great and huge in getting rid of the toxic LECOM-sequel leadership SOMA tried to setup. Aka reducing Dr Sheridan and Dr Coty’s roles.

The beauty of CHSU is it does sound like they stay mostly in Clovis/Fresno and honestly the 1+3 kinda sucks and I miss my friends.
thank you for this I really needed it, is your curriculum in house or is it based off of board information?

Just received an A from here earlier today! Interviewed 01/18, Waitlisted on 03/01.

Will be declining as I got in at KCU, but I hope the spot goes to one of you!

Got the A today! Interviewed 02/21, waitlisted 03/07.
Will be declining for another school, also hoping the seat goes to one of you!

I received an A this past week after being on the Alternate list since last November. I declined my A since I was accepted to another school.

I got the acceptance a few weeks ago, declined my seat for another school. Hope it goes well for you guys still waiting!

dont come here. here is what a friend of a friend told me- people in this area (primary care physicians) might I add have no idea what this school is and only accept midwestern students for residency. they constantly put their students down and discourage them from specializing. they make everything mandatory attendance which in turn causes people to lose out on study time and fail and then they kick them out. if you get in literally nowhere else, wait another year and apply again.

while we are on the subject, they find any possible reason to put students on probation and kick them out because they have no relationship with medical training facilities and have no available rotation spots for basically half of their second year class. they had to cut down on the number they accepted drastically. the resources provided change and get cut down constantly. the fees for the 2nd-4th years are entirely made up (ie- technology fee) when all of the students are off campus. there is no leeway in terms of loans and the amount given is not livable. the school is absurdly expensive and provides no financially traceable services.

• Wow