2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an accepted student chat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is December 2nd. Do you think I’ll hear a decision before the 12/14 deadiline?

My interview is December 2nd. Do you think I’ll hear a decision before the 12/14 deadiline?
They got back to me (and at least a couple of other people) within 3 days, so there’s definitely a chance!

Reactions: 1 user
are there any current students I can possibly talk to?? i'd really really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Marked complete on 9/01 and haven’t heard anything since then

Waitlisted. Shocked because I thought it went pretty well. I am a POC and didn't get great vibes from Kirksville, so I wasn't really sure how I felt about living there in the first place.

for those that received IIs, how long till you go a II after completion?

I'm a little confused about the setup of the interview and was hoping someone could clarify-- I'm interviewing this Friday and added my mom as a guest, but now I can't find the email which states which events we bring guests to or whatnot. I found the email with the original interview schedule, but the only thing it mentions is that during the interview itself there's a "spouse information session." Would my mom come with me to the information sessions/osteopathic demonstrations, or am I completely misreading things? I hope that made sense

I'm a little confused about the setup of the interview and was hoping someone could clarify-- I'm interviewing this Friday and added my mom as a guest, but now I can't find the email which states which events we bring guests to or whatnot. I found the email with the original interview schedule, but the only thing it mentions is that during the interview itself there's a "spouse information session." Would my mom come with me to the information sessions/osteopathic demonstrations, or am I completely misreading things? I hope that made sense
yes you can bring her for basically the whole tour! the only part she can't be present for is the actual interview and she'll just need to wait in the lobby area.

Reactions: 1 users

decided to make a groupme for accepted students that are thinking of coming to this school!

Just received II marked complete 09/01

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any current students that I can PM?

Withdrew from my December interview. Hope it goes to one of you lovely folks :)

Has anyone gotten accepted without in-person DO shadowing? It seems like they weigh it heavily

Has anyone gotten accepted without in-person DO shadowing? It seems like they weigh it heavily
Hello, I'm a current second year. I personally didn't have any specific DO experience when I applied, but I did work with an MD who had some manual manipulation training.

Also, throwing this out there to everyone. If you have any questions feel free to dm me and I can try and answer them to the best of my ability or direct you to someone who would be better suited to answer. Best of luck to all :)

Withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!

How long does the interview day last? It’s a 9 hour drive for us and I am trying to see if we need a hotel before we drive back. I have the afternoon session so 11:45 CST start. Thanks in advance.

How long does the interview day last? It’s a 9 hour drive for us and I am trying to see if we need a hotel before we drive back. I have the afternoon session so 11:45 CST start. Thanks in advance.

It’s from 11:45 to 5pm with an optional self guided tour of the campus at 5:15

Probably a silly question but what’s the dress code for the student ambassador session the day before the interview? Is it as formal as the interview? Suit?

Probably a silly question but what’s the dress code for the student ambassador session the day before the interview? Is it as formal as the interview? Suit?
There is no dress code really. I’d say go business casual but it really is not super necessary

They do have a waitlist. They will email you with your decision!
I'm sure it's delayed with the holidays too, just getting anxious and ready to hear any decision haha. I actually had a really good interview day and made me like the school so much more!