2021-2022 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd say pick soma. We still have pretty good match rate and it seems with all the changes that's happened in the last month or so it's been doing a lot better imo
What changes have been made?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Please save yourself from this school. The associate dean for student success just announced her resignation (one out of the many who has left the school) and the morale within the staff and the classes are at an all time low. We don’t even know who is teaching us anymore and we’re always using past years’ lectures to learn. Go spend your $60k+ tuition somewhere else. Even if this is your only acceptance, you are better off reapplying again.
I'm very confused about this school. I see posts like this, but on the other hand I see others like the one above that state that the recent changes which were made have been positive. Can someone please elaborate?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very confused about this school. I see posts like this, but on the other hand I see others like the one above that state that the recent changes which were made have been positive. Can someone please elaborate?
When the school shuts down a CHC on a whim and doesn’t provide an alternative options for students, that’s a problem. Attend at your own risk

Wow. I’m targeting the SC CHC which I’ve heard isn’t too bad. Thoughts?
I don’t know much about the SC site. If you’re okay w that location and it sounds like you are, go for it. This school is very unpredictable and is ever changing — so the situation at atsu today may look radically difffent than the atsu of tomorrow (for better or for worse). The school lost the vast majority of their faculty in 2021 and extremely terrible leadership previously as the school transitioned to the unpopular pbl curriculum (most faculty and current students pushed back on adopting but the school went forth w it anyways) and the effects are still being felt today— a new Dean was hired last year and things have gotten better I’ve been told but the ripple effects from the poor leadership previously are still running strong and faculty are still semi-non existent. What I’m hearing from current students is that if you go to atsu, expect to have to go at it alone (no support from admin), be flexible as major changes internally happen on the regular, etc. So if you’re okay learning that your CHC closes mid-year like what happened w NY and TX and you’re now being told you don’t have a CHC but to trust the school to find you a new CHC in some other state, then you’ll be fine

Reactions: 1 users
Imo Chc sites shouldn’t be a concern , the school will figure that out for you. As long as you’re adaptable and flexible to the many options in different states then it shouldn’t be a problem. This is still a medical school which graduates doctors so congratulations to all that have been accepted!

Imo Chc sites shouldn’t be a concern , the school will figure that out for you. As long as you’re adaptable and flexible to the many options in different states then it shouldn’t be a problem. This is still a medical school which graduates doctors so congratulations to all that have been accepted!
That’s not true. I was told by their staff that they may not be able to accommodate affected students anymore - i was told it will depend on if existing CHCs are willing to take on new students which they are not willing to at this moment. But that could change if an existing CHC decides to open up more spots in the future but there’s no guarantees that will happen. There are to plans to open up new CHC sites either. So it’s kind of come at your own risk and hope for the best kind of situation.