2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People can withdraw whenever they want to even after school starts, altho I wouldn't recommend that.
I guess this officially wraps up the cycle since classes start Monday :/ It is unfortunate that ATSU left many students on the conditional admission list with no update or announcement to close out the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess this officially wraps up the cycle since classes start Monday :/ It is unfortunate that ATSU left many students on the conditional admission list with no update or announcement to close out the cycle.
Have you tried contacting the office ?

Have you tried contacting the office ?
I did previously and they said to remain patient and that if I was selected off the APS list then I would receive a 2nd phone call. That never happened despite being ranked in the middle of the APS list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a call from SOMA regarding deferred admission for next year; I was placed on the APS earlier this Spring. I was told that since I got a guaranteed deferred admission for next year, I will be receiving my first CHC preference, and that I should expect a formal admission letter and other paperwork around September. Did any others from the APS get deferred as well?

I received a call from SOMA regarding deferred admission for next year; I was placed on the APS earlier this Spring. I was told that since I got a guaranteed deferred admission for next year, I will be receiving my first CHC preference, and that I should expect a formal admission letter and other paperwork around September. Did any others from the APS get deferred as well?
Got the call on Wednesday as well! Already committed to a school though so I declined. Congrats on your acceptance though :)

That is really nice. Congrats!!

I got the call on Tuesday!! I am so so happy! Will I be seeing you there next year??

Hey everyone! Just started classes last week and have continued to check on here for progress! I am grateful to have been pulled off the APS, but I am SO ecstatic that they did offer deferred acceptance to those of you still on the list. This is still a win! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! Just started classes last week and have continued to check on here for progress! I am grateful to have been pulled off the APS, but I am SO ecstatic that they did offer deferred acceptance to those of you still on the list. This is still a win! :)
Hi, I have been offered acceptance for the class of 2026, but I am hesitant because of the new PBL curriculum. Would you be willing to answer some questions about that and describe what that looks like for your weekly schedule? Thanks!

Hi, I have been offered acceptance for the class of 2026, but I am hesitant because of the new PBL curriculum. Would you be willing to answer some questions about that and describe what that looks like for your weekly schedule? Thanks!
Hi! Yes, open to questions! At the beginning you are enrolled in Health and Healing, Medical Skills, and Osteopathic Principles. 3 separate courses. Now that I'm in block 2, my major science course has switched from Health and Healing to NMSK (neuromuscular course). The science course is worth more credit than medical skills and OPP. Medical skills is the course you take to interact with standardized patients and role play. OPP is the course you learn osteopathic tenets/skills. Both of these courses are once a week. My major science course has about 15-17 lectures per week. These can range from 20-60 min lectures. Right now majority of the science lectures are recorded, but a few are LIVE and in person weekly. Some are mandatory, others are not. Mandatory sessions seemed to occur more during Health and Healing since it was an introductory period.

Also... I unfortunately do not know anything about PBL.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to DM me. Don't be offended if it takes me awhile to respond due to school.

Hi! Yes, open to questions! At the beginning you are enrolled in Health and Healing, Medical Skills, and Osteopathic Principles. 3 separate courses. Now that I'm in block 2, my major science course has switched from Health and Healing to NMSK (neuromuscular course). The science course is worth more credit than medical skills and OPP. Medical skills is the course you take to interact with standardized patients and role play. OPP is the course you learn osteopathic tenets/skills. Both of these courses are once a week. My major science course has about 15-17 lectures per week. These can range from 20-60 min lectures. Right now majority of the science lectures are recorded, but a few are LIVE and in person weekly. Some are mandatory, others are not. Mandatory sessions seemed to occur more during Health and Healing since it was an introductory period.

Also... I unfortunately do not know anything about PBL.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to DM me. Don't be offended if it takes me awhile to respond due to school.
Thanks for the response! From what I've seen online it looks like the class of 2026 will have this new curriculum and when I emailed the school to ask they said look up the "master adaptive learning model". Have you heard anything about this change? This school was my first choice until I heard about the curriculum change.

Thanks for the response! From what I've seen online it looks like the class of 2026 will have this new curriculum and when I emailed the school to ask they said look up the "master adaptive learning model". Have you heard anything about this change? This school was my first choice until I heard about the curriculum change.
They mention "Master Adaptive Learner" to us quite frequently, but we still have regular lectures... Sorry, wish I could be more helpful in this area.

Is physician shadowing considered "clinical experience" in the secondary application?