2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First II of the cycle! Saw it on my portal tonight!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you see it in the portal?
1595217843608.png

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! Is it letting you select interview dates? Or is it blank for you, too?
NO it's blank too. Might be bc it's like a Sunday night LOL. Kirksville be wilding on the weekends

NO it's blank too. Might be bc it's like a Sunday night LOL. Kirksville be wilding on the weekends

Congrats guys!
And here I thought I was safe from the emotional neuroticism on the weekends

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations, guys!!! That's so cool! When did you submit/complete? :)

Congratulations, guys!!! That's so cool! When did you submit/complete? :)
Submitted 6/18 and complete 7/12, coincidentally also on a Sunday at 11pm. Primary sent on 5/5, verified 5/13. Took MCAT 6/20, so wasn't completely there when I submitted the primary!

I still haven’t gotten anything in terms of email and I’m on their timezone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven’t gotten anything in terms of email and I’m on their timezone.

I hope they're still updating portals since it seems as if they did yours and mleb20's and fully said goodnight that's enough for today

I hope they're still updating portals since it seems as if they did yours and mleb20's and fully said goodnight that's enough for today
LOL I hope so too. They’re like “yes these two will spread the news” and then peaced.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi friends I dont know if my post is an update or a question but here it goes: I applied to both SOMA and KCOM and received a rejection from SOMA today lol! Hurray! I went to log onto the portal to check to see if KCOM also rejected me/just see what was going on and received an error message that wouldn't let me enter the site.... Is everyone else able to access the portal? Did I just get majorly ghosted by KCOM? Is this a result of the massive applications they've received....

Hi friends I dont know if my post is an update or a question but here it goes: I applied to both SOMA and KCOM and received a rejection from SOMA today lol! Hurray! I went to log onto the portal to check to see if KCOM also rejected me/just see what was going on and received an error message that wouldn't let me enter the site.... Is everyone else able to access the portal? Did I just get majorly ghosted by KCOM? Is this a result of the massive applications they've received....
I can see my portal for both rn but you shouldn’t have been ghosted, give it the day I think.

My application has a green check mark by Completed but no date by the notes section saying when, does this mean I am under review?

My application has a green check mark by Completed but no date by the notes section saying when, does this mean I am under review?
Yeah, I got that a week before my II but I still haven't gotten the invite via email.

Trying to finish my secondary today - for those who submitted, did you put in ACT/SAT scores or is it optional? I really don’t have the time to call ACT today to try and find my test info from 6 years ago :dead:

Trying to finish my secondary today - for those who submitted, did you put in ACT/SAT scores or is it optional? I really don’t have the time to call ACT today to try and find my test info from 6 years ago :dead:
i didn’t put ACT/SAT scores and was marked complete. just make sure to put a reason on why you couldn’t retrieve them.

I put mine in but it was bc I knew my scre off the top of my head

Also y'all I sent an email to the AdCom I know at KCOM about IIs on portals, so we'll get to the bottom of this.

Reactions: 3 users
So I got a response from KCOM. It seems like they're rolling out interviews, no official word on the emails but if you've got the change in your portal, the system is recognizing you were selected for an interview. It's not *official* but you can probably think that you got it!

• Wow
For the clinical experiences descriptions, are we supposed to copy straight from our AACOMAS description for them, or are we supposed to add more details? I'm planning on adding more details, but I'm assuming either way won't hurt right?

For the clinical experiences descriptions, are we supposed to copy straight from our AACOMAS description for them, or are we supposed to add more details? I'm planning on adding more details, but I'm assuming either way won't hurt right?
either acceptable

Is it fine to put N/A for current occupation? Just graduated so I don't think I can put student, and I was offered a scribe job but not allowed to start training yet because of COVID, so I don't think I can put that down

Is it fine to put N/A for current occupation? Just graduated so I don't think I can put student, and I was offered a scribe job but not allowed to start training yet because of COVID, so I don't think I can put that down
In other words would it look lame to not put down a current paid position? Or is that question mostly for statistics purposes? Only thing I'm doing now besides applying to schools is volunteering

Finished secondary last week and app complete. No interviews yet. I posted this on another forum and wondering if DO schools will not interview you if your stats are too high for their school . Stats gpa 3.72 science gpa 3.65 mcat 516. I am applying to mostly DO schools since my dad is DO and plan on joining his practice

Finished secondary last week and app complete. No interviews yet. I posted this on another forum and wondering if DO schools will not interview you if your stats are too high for their school . Stats gpa 3.72 science gpa 3.65 mcat 516. I am applying to mostly DO schools since my dad is DO and plan on joining his practice
I have a 519, 4.00 and have had my portal update to the same Interview tab as those above. Doesn't seem to be a worry

If you sign into the portal, it’s right next to status!
Oh I just saw your picture above, thanks! Still nothing for me haha. Voppp you're killing it on early interviews by the way, congrats!

How long did it take for y'all's applications to be complete after y'all submitted the secondary?

Does everyone get the long email that ends in "Interviews are around the corner and we are excited by your chances of procuring one of our coveted interview slots."
I'm guessing I was excited a bit too early.
I never even got that email but I have interview in my portal

Does everyone get the long email that ends in "Interviews are around the corner and we are excited by your chances of procuring one of our coveted interview slots."
I'm guessing I was excited a bit too early.

I did not get that email

I am starting to wonder if people got that interview because of being URM or something... unless someone here who is ORM got it. I am URM and got that email

I am starting to wonder if people got that interview because of being URM or something... unless someone here who is ORM got it. I am URM and got that email
i never got one but I’m ORM and have the interview tab.

I somehow got the diversity email, and I'm Asian lol

• Haha