2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please to all those with interviews give your stats and if non trad or post bac since it would really help my data collection . It may help future students with low stats or high not having to waste effort and energy for certain schools.
I got an interview! Graduated May 2019 so this is my 2nd gap year, MCAT 501 (3rd try) cGPA 3.56 sGPA 3.36. During my gap year, I am working as a phlebotomist/lab tech, volunteering as a grief support counselor, and working part-time as a personal care worker for a person with disabilities.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I have completed recommendation letters in AACOMAS via Interfolio. I submitted secondary a week ago but it hasn’t change since then. I know it takes a minimum of 2 weeks to process changes in application. But, how fast did it take for your application portal to update status on receiving recommendation letters?
Mine took forever! June 29th requested from AACOMAS using interfolio email addresses, July 16th Interfolio uploaded to AACOMAS. I hope that answers your question.

Mine took forever! June 29th requested from AACOMAS using interfolio email addresses, July 16th Interfolio uploaded to AACOMAS. I hope that answers your question.
Just realized that wasn’t what you were asking. Sorry!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview! Graduated May 2019 so this is my 2nd gap year, MCAT 501 (3rd try) cGPA 3.56 sGPA 3.36. During my gap year, I am working as a phlebotomist/lab tech, volunteering as a grief support counselor, and working part-time as a personal care worker for a person with disabilities.
Congrats! When did you get a secondary completion email?

Could someone clarify something . When the application says complete, does it transition to in review once someone starts looking at it or does it just stay that way till interview invite

Could someone clarify something . When the application says complete, does it transition to in review once someone starts looking at it or does it just stay that way till interview invite
I didn't get any update from them. It stayed at complete and then I received the interview about 2 weeks later.

II this morning! IS, complete 8/16. sGPA: 3.66, cGPA: 3.76, MCAT: 508.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do they do silent Rs? Been complete since 7/27 and nothing yet

Reactions: 1 users
is there potential to be looked over for certain high stats? haven't gotten an II but submitted early :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! OOS 508/3.6, verified 7/14, secondary completed 8/5

I got an II on 8/22 and scheduled it right away but the first date available was 11/9. Since my interview is still 2 months away, do I even have a chance?

I got an II on 8/22 and scheduled it right away but the first date available was 11/9. Since my interview is still 2 months away, do I even have a chance?

I got my II on 8/7 and the earliest date to schedule was 9/28. I don’t think they’re starting interviews until later this month so I think you’d be fine with that interview date!

Reactions: 2 users
You definitely have a chance. I chose not to interview until March and was accepted.

• Wow
Should I be concerned if I was complete 8/11 and haven't gotten an II? Does ATSU do silent Rs?

Hey guys, I was complete on 7/12... long time ago. I haven’t heard anything since. Am I probably toast?

Hello. I just got the secondary for KCOM and saw that I need new LOR every cycle. This is my first time applying to this school, but it's my second AACOMAS cycle. Most of my letters are from last year, I only have new ones from my science professors. KCOM requires one science professor or committee letter, and one physician letter. Since this is my first time applying to KCOM, will my physician letter be considered new? Or will it be considered old because the physician literally wrote "June 21, 2019" at the top of the letter?

Just received my completion email, took a while but I got there! I submitted my secondary on 6/22.

Just received my completion email, took a while but I got there! I submitted my secondary on 6/22.
Same! email came late ~10:30pm. Secondary submitted 7/29, but august's MCAT was verified/sent 9/3!

so if my app was complete 7/22, should I be concerned?
Nahhh, just be patient. I'm sure tons of people are in the same situation. Give it some time and stay optimistic! It's a longgg cycle remember, especially with COVID happening lol

Hey guys, I was complete on 7/12... long time ago. I haven’t heard anything since. Am I probably toast?
Probably not toast at least not yet. It is still early in the cycle.. Most likely your app has already been reviewed but you weren't selected for an early interview. Adcoms will probably revisit your app later if you are a borderline applicant in their eyes assuming there are still interview spots. No news is not necessarily bad news especially not in September. If you still haven't heard anything and it is Febreuary or March, then I think you should consider the app toast.

Probably not toast at least not yet. It is still early in the cycle.. Most likely your app has already been reviewed but you weren't selected for an early interview. Adcoms will probably revisit your app later if you are a borderline applicant in their eyes assuming there are still interview spots. No news is not necessarily bad news especially not in September. If you still haven't heard anything and it is Febreuary or March, then I think you should consider the app toast.
Do you think it would be okay to send them a letter of intent or is it too early? I just don’t want to be forgotten about

Do you think it would be okay to send them a letter of intent or is it too early? I just don’t want to be forgotten about
To be honest, i doubt a letter of intent would do any good. You can try, but just don't come off as desperate or annoying. If Kirksville allows non-academic updates, you may want to let them know what you have been doing since you submitted your secondary. You may want to ask them first if they allow non-academic updates, and if they do, then go for it.

To be honest, i doubt a letter of intent would do any good. You can try, but just don't come off as desperate or annoying. If Kirksville allows non-academic updates, you may want to let them know what you have been doing since you submitted your secondary. You may want to ask them first if they allow non-academic updates, and if they do, then go for it.
I second this. I received a new position as an ortho tech and emailed to update them. They were appreciative of the update!

Thank you so much for the advice! Very helpful! :)

Anyone get an II recently and struggling to schedule? When I click on the interview tab, it loads really slowly and then times out with a 500 error.

Edit: it still seems really slow, but was able to schedule with some perseverance if anybody else runs into the same issue. Also, earliest slots available as of right now are mid-December.

Last edited:
Anyone get an II recently and struggling to schedule? When I click on the interview tab, it loads really slowly and then times out with a 500 error.
Congrats on the interview! When were you complete with your app?

Complete 8/9 and still no word yet :shrug:

Also complete 8/9 for both campuses! Submitted my secondary 7/13 but with new MCAT score I wasn't marked complete until 8/9. Hopefully we will hear back soon!

• Care
For the secondary under test scores, there is no way to add your MCAT. I am assuming they already go based on your MCAT and then if you want to add your SAT/ACT/GRE then to fill this out, correct? Please let me know thank you! Just wanting to make sure I am not supposed to enter my MCAT here.

For the secondary under test scores, there is no way to add your MCAT. I am assuming they already go based on your MCAT and then if you want to add your SAT/ACT/GRE then to fill this out, correct? Please let me know thank you! Just wanting to make sure I am not supposed to enter my MCAT here.

Exactly, just make sure your official MCAT score report has been sent to AACOMAS. You don't even need to add SAT/ACT/GRE if you are unable to freely obtain those score reports and/or never took those exams. I took my SAT many years ago and forgot my exact score, and the College Board was going to charge me to get the score. I called up AT Still about this, and they said don't bother inputting the SAT score then.

Exactly, just make sure your official MCAT score report has been sent to AACOMAS. You don't even need to add SAT/ACT/GRE if you are unable to freely obtain those score reports and/or never took those exams. I took my SAT many years ago and forgot my exact score, and the College Board was going to charge me to get the score. I called up AT Still about this, and they said don't bother inputting the SAT score then.

Quick question. Even though my official MCAT isn’t in AACOMAS because I just got my score back yesterday, should I email the schools once it is or should I just wait for it show up on AACOMAS and then “Update my application” and then they’ll get it automatically? I ask because when I manually did it, for some reason it saved as a blank.

Quick question. Even though my official MCAT isn’t in AACOMAS because I just got my score back yesterday, should I email the schools once it is or should I just wait for it show up on AACOMAS and then “Update my application” and then they’ll get it automatically? I ask because when I manually did it, for some reason it saved as a blank.
AACOMAS will automatically transmit your MCAT score report to the schools you've designated, so I don't think further action is needed on your part.

AACOMAS will automatically transmit your MCAT score report to the schools you've designated, so I don't think further action is needed on your part.

Okay, thank you. And for the AT application you just hit "Not applicable" and the reason was "Submitting MCAT" ?

I was marked complete this morning at 7am and just received an II at 5pm. What a turn around! Also my first II of the cycle so I'm super stoked!

I was marked complete this morning at 7am and just received an II at 5pm. What a turn around! Also my first II of the cycle so I'm super stoked!
Congrats! That’s a crazy fast turn around! What do you think sets you apart?

Okay, thank you. And for the AT application you just hit "Not applicable" and the reason was "Submitting MCAT" ?
I hit "Not Applicable" and said my SAT was not available freely anymore and my GRE expired since it was > 5 years old. I didn't mention the MCAT since AACOMAS already had my official score report.