2018-2019 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm guessing they were like M4s? I'm kinda anxious about interviewing with another student but also kinda glad because they'll understand why I'm sweating like a maniac and possibly hyperventilating.

This student was very laid back and understanding i think they were going through residency interviews at the moment so more relaxed. But at another school I had an M2 basically ask me the same question in many different ways so i was having a hard time, and she was just being very un-interested...so I get anxious when I do see students!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG OMG OMG! ACCEPTED!!! :happy::happy::happy:

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! When did you interview?

Thank you!
I interviewed on 11/5.
I am sooo happy with this acceptance.

Nice! I hope my turnaround time is this fast. He mentioned that Thanksgiving might extend wait times and I'm not sure I can emotionally handle another month of waiting for responses.

Nice! I hope my turnaround time is this fast. He mentioned that Thanksgiving might extend wait times and I'm not sure I can emotionally handle another month of waiting for responses.

When did you interview?
This whole process takes an emotional toll on you, but hang in there!

When did you interview?
This whole process takes an emotional toll on you, but hang in there!

Interviewed 11/12 so I'm not expecting anything right now, but a week wait would be awesome! Currently waiting over a month for another school! This is worse than waiting for MCAT scores, haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning as well! Interviewed on 10/26!

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like i was the only one WL here. Anyone else who interviewed get WL? Feel alone lmao

I feel like i was the only one WL here. Anyone else who interviewed get WL? Feel alone lmao
Don't feel bad, straight up rejected at the school where i am doing my masters and have a 4.0, post-II. But was accepted here thankfully!

Any interviews recently or does anyone know how long they extend invites?? Definitely one of my top choices but I'm getting worried! (Complete in early August)

Reactions: 5 users
I'm guessing they were like M4s? I'm kinda anxious about interviewing with another student but also kinda glad because they'll understand why I'm sweating like a maniac and possibly hyperventilating.
Just wanted to clarify that it is only M2s and above who can do the student interviews. M3s are just a wee bit busy with rotations, but you may get the occasional M4. If your intervew falls during exam week for the M2s you may end up with 2 faculty interviewers.

Congratulations to those accepted, and for those waiting I have plenty of classmates who interviewed in January and February!

If there are any questions feel free to shoot them my way!

Last edited:
Any interviews recently or does anyone know how long they extend invites?? Definitely one of my top choices but I'm getting worried! (Complete in early August)

This may have changed due to different conditions this cycle, but I checked last year's forum and it looks like they were sending out interviews into February. Can't say for sure though, because not everyone who gets an II posts on SDN!

I recently received an interview invitation here and have a few questions about the school. If any of the current answers could answer that would be great!
1. How often are exams administered?
2. How stressful are the didactic years? I've heard that it's a P/F system. Does that make it any easier? Do you ever have free time to do things like research and volunteer activities?
3. How many away elective rotations do they allow during 4th year?

Thanks!!

1. blocks are 6 weeks long
2. hasn't been terrible yet although the amount of required activities like small group learning does start to get frustrating after a bit
the p/f system makes it sooooo less stressful
and plenty of free time for other activities, some weeks will be busier than others, as is true at all schools I'm sure but you definitely have time to do your own thing
3. Honestly I'm an M1 and I remember hearing about rotations at some time during the interview period but I haven't even thought about it since then, hopefully some of the other upperclassmen can help you with that lol

II yesterday! Submitted secondary on 8/3 , scheduled interview for 12/3! LM ~72

Reactions: 6 users
Hope I am not repeating a question, but do we know if they are receptive to ITA requests?

For those accepted, how long did it take after the acceptance email to receive the packet?

For those accepted, how long did it take after the acceptance email to receive the packet?

I got mine like 3 weeks later. This is probably due to living on the opposite side of the country.

Has anyone flown out of tweed hvn after the interview? Did y’all use uber/lyft or taxi?

Has anyone flown out of tweed hvn after the interview? Did y’all use uber/lyft or taxi?

I flew out of Tweed. Super small airport with 3 commercial flights per day. I used the Best Western hotel shuttle, but Ubers were easily accessible.

I flew out of Tweed. Super small airport with 3 commercial flights per day. I used the Best Western hotel shuttle, but Ubers were easily accessible.
So the shuttle picked you up from the school after the interview and took you back to the airport too?

So the shuttle picked you up from the school after the interview and took you back to the airport too?

Yes. At the front desk I was able to arrange pickup from the school to be taken to the airport by the hotel shuttle after my interview day. I don’t know if every driver will do that because the people the night I checked in said for sure they could do it, but the people in the morning were iffy about it. Definitely have Uber downloaded as a backup lol

Yes. At the front desk I was able to arrange pickup from the school to be taken to the airport by the hotel shuttle after my interview day. I don’t know if every driver will do that because the people the night I checked in said for sure they could do it, but the people in the morning were iffy about it. Definitely have Uber downloaded as a backup lol
Yeah they shut my request down real quick haha. Uber it is I guess. Thank you!

Accepted this morning, first one and my only II !!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/16

Reactions: 19 users
Accepted this morning!!! First MD acceptance interviewed 11/9, Also went to QU undergrad

Reactions: 8 users
Someone accepted before and after my interview date. RIP me lol

Regardless, congrats you guys!

Hang in there! I think yesterday was the first committee meeting since Thanksgiving break, one of your interviewers might not have been able to make it!

I'm still hoping I'll get an interview...... chances are SLIMMING

I'm still hoping I'll get an interview...... chances are SLIMMING

Honestly, without getting too specific, I think the only reason I got an interview is because of where I was born and raised. LM 69 (ORM) so I appreciate them giving me a shot, especially considering the applicants I interviewed with were amazing lol. Sometimes I wondered if they accidentally let me through.

Honestly, without getting too specific, I think the only reason I got an interview is because of where I was born and raised. LM 69 (ORM) so I appreciate them giving me a shot, especially considering the applicants I interviewed with were amazing lol. Sometimes I wondered if they accidentally let me through.

Sounds like a case of imposter syndrome ;) Be proud of getting an interview, I'm sure you deserve it.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how far out interviews are scheduled out for?

If they interviewed you they were interested in you. My LM is 63 and I got an acceptance. Netter is one of those schools that really reviews holistically and doesn’t just says it does

The interview starts around 10:30am if I remember correctly and goes until around 5pm, so it's a large chunk of the day. I remember this past cycle they were interviewing in March so they go until then at the very least.

If they interviewed you they were interested in you. My LM is 63 and I got an acceptance. Netter is one of those schools that really reviews holistically and doesn’t just says it does

Thanks for the reassurance, guys! I felt like I really connected with one of my interviewers so it seems like not all hope is lost, especially if the first meeting since Thanksgiving was Thursday.

The interview starts around 10:30am if I remember correctly and goes until around 5pm, so it's a large chunk of the day. I remember this past cycle they were interviewing in March so they go until then at the very least.
Sorry I meant when throughout the day do the actual interviews take place? Are they first, after the admissions presentations, after lunch, etc