2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is your LizzyM not an 81..? There's no way there is any auto-secondary screen that is placed that high
It’s around there. But I think their auto screen is kinda a logical AND operator. Like you need above x gpa && y MCAT.
I’m in a peculiar situation so honestly my LM score is probably irrelevant cause my gpa is dumps but I got a 528

Members don't see this ad.

It’s around there. But I think their auto screen is kinda a logical AND operator. Like you need above x gpa && y MCAT.
I’m in a peculiar situation so honestly my LM score is probably irrelevant cause my gpa is dumps but I got a 528
o_OI would be extremely surprised if they don't give someone who has a 528 a secondary regardless of GPA

Reactions: 1 user

Ah gotcha sorry, that makes sense. Hope you get some good news :)

Members don't see this ad :)
o_OI would be extremely surprised if they don't give someone who has a 528 a secondary regardless of GPA
Yeah who knows. I think the problem is there just ain’t enough data for candidates in my position because there are a very small number of applicants who have a similar gpa/mcat breakdown. This makes it hard to interpret based on the AAMC tables.
And functionally there is no difference between a 523 and a 528. But if I told you, for instance I had a 3.5 and 523 you might feel differently about my chances. Idk if adcoms think this way, or if they see a 528 and that stands alone.
I know it is still early in the cycle for IIs but if feels a bit late for secondaries so I’m not as optimistic as you, but am maintaining a low baseline of hope

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah who knows. I think the problem is there just ain’t enough data for candidates in my position because there are a very small number of applicants who have a similar gpa/mcat breakdown. This makes it hard to interpret based on the AAMC tables.
And functionally there is no difference between a 523 and a 528. But if I told you, for instance I had a 3.5 and 523 you might feel differently about my chances. Idk if adcoms think this way, or if they see a 528 and that stands alone.
I know it is still early in the cycle for IIs but if feels a bit late for secondaries so I’m not as optimistic as you, but am maintaining a low baseline of hope
I think with an MCAT score like that you must be pretty impressive, so definitely stay optimistic! :)

Anyone else get that Divetsity Office email? Notifications have me shook.

Yea I got that too and I'm really confused. I didn't apply to Vanderbilt and I have a 3.55/515 and white male. Is this completely random and they send to everyone or what? Should I not read into it and apply? Very confused. I'm SES disadvantaged if that matters but idk how they would've seen that without an application.

Yea I got that too and I'm really confused. I didn't apply to Vanderbilt and I have a 3.55/515 and white male. Is this completely random and they send to everyone or what? Should I not read into it and apply? Very confused. I'm SES disadvantaged if that matters but idk how they would've seen that without an application.
I also got that email with GPA 3.6/MCAT 513 white male with no SES disadvantage... so IDK what they are trying to pull

it's certainly automatic. I'm white male and had already submitted my secondary.

Oh my flipping goodness. I got BOTH an email about diversity and an email asking me to apply. I already applied. In June. They sent a confirmation of my application in July. I am waiting on a secondary but expecting a pre-secondary rejection. Can they at least look at their existing applicant pool before sending mass emails telling people to apply, which just seems to rub in the fact that our applications are not good enough?

Reactions: 11 users
Oh my flipping goodness. I got BOTH an email about diversity and an email asking me to apply. I already applied. In June. They sent a confirmation of my application in July. I am waiting on a secondary but expecting a pre-secondary rejection. Can they at least look at their existing applicant pool before sending mass emails telling people to apply, which just seems to rub in the fact that our applications are not good enough?

IKR!!! They need to :stop:

Members don't see this ad :)
And the hits keep coming...

Do they realize how this fries my nerves?

Someone at Vanderbilt IT department is making it rain emails. I got the same email twice.

My heart stopped when I got the first one... then I opened it... then I got the second... and then the third

Reactions: 6 users
After the previous four emails, I thought to myself, "Certainly this fifth message will be different...."

Reactions: 3 users
From the Vanderbilt University Office of Diversity, in cooperation with the Department of Redundancy Department...

Reactions: 8 users
It's ok guys, they meant to hit the "send interview invite" button but mistakenly hit the "send several false hope emails" button. Our time will come monday, I'm sure :)

Reactions: 2 users
iF I DONt gET ayeAye now I wiLL repot VANDERboy to PoLeez

Reactions: 7 users
"Oh an email from Vanderbilt! Maybe it's a secondary!" *opens* "Awwwwww"

.....clearly at the end of a long work week I do not learn by repetition

Anybody else whose complete and did NOT get any emails today?

Reactions: 5 users
my inbox is running out space

IMG_4538.JPG

It's what's for dinner.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm up to 11 emails now, and I didn't even submit a secondary here. What gives Vandy?!

LizzyM 79 and I completed the secondary in July but received the email saying I should apply. No interview invite. Did anyone else who completed the secondary receive the email?

If I get one more spam email from this place I didn’t even apply to, I’m going to lose my ****.

I am suddenly very glad I opted out of med school communication on the MCAT. I can imagine the false alarms are stressful :(

anotheronelol.JPG

I have a feeling this is going to last all weekend.

Reactions: 4 users
I have received 11 emails from them so far!! Some say apply now, others talk about diversity!! Hmmmm

Okay, I hit 14 before I blocked the email address.

I havent gotten an email from vandy in an hour should I be worried? Apply next cycle?

Reactions: 12 users
First time in this thread, didn’t apply here. These damn emails!

I haven't seen this much buzz around emails since the election...

Reactions: 8 users
Yo being real neurotic for a moment...is it possible that people who received emails are on a different email 'list' than people who didn't? Is it a total coincidence that this happened on a Friday, the same day that IIs have been going out? :///

Yo being real neurotic for a moment...is it possible that people who received emails are on a different email 'list' than people who didn't? Is it a total coincidence that this happened on a Friday, the same day that IIs have been going out? :///
Probs a coincidence. I (and many others who got the emails apparently) didn't even apply.

nah people who didnt apply got it. If I were to guess, someone messed up on the looping? and keeps looping through a a specified region in a list (e.g. supposed to loop last names a-z but somehow got stuck a-c lmao)