2017-2018 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1. Have an interview in the area and would like to know as well!
Is Rochester receptive of in the area emails? I couldn't find any info on their website or old threads.

FWIW, I just sent them an in the area email + update, and they said that the info about my availability was acknowledged, and that they have added my email and updated to my file. So, I think it's worth a shot!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like there were some acceptances/WLs Oct 20, but has anyone heard anything since? Just curious bc tomorrow marks 8 weeks since my interview...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW, I just sent them an in the area email + update, and they said that the info about my availability was acknowledged, and that they have added my email and updated to my file. So, I think it's worth a shot!

Aaaaaand very happy that I just received a II! App complete on 8/14. Who knows if my ITA email made some difference, but maybe?

Reactions: 4 users
Just scheduled an interview, but nothing was available before end of January- Is Rochester rolling?

Accepted by email a few minutes ago. Interview 10/6.

Boom shakalaka

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!!!!! So thrilled, I loved this program!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!! Yeee, this probably my favorite interview day; my faculty interviewer bought me lunch because she said the interview food was sad and I went drinking with interviewees afterwards.

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted! Loved this school at the interview, so this is happy news!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. Interviewed early October.

Waitlisted..interviewed Oct 20

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing from my II sent a week or so ago now that I've heard back from other schools. Hope it goes to one of you!

Accepted! Can't believe I'm writing this. It's a weird feeling going from years and years of setbacks while working towards something that felt like it was truly out of reach to actually being accepted to a US MD school.

If the numbers help anyone, LM ~72, complete early August, interviewed October, accepted earlier today. Only acceptance so far and I'm gonna run with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted! Interviewed mid-October

Waitlisted. Oh well, can't complain, I've been very lucky this cycle. Congrats on those accepted and best of luck!

Can't believe it but - I've been invited to apply to the Master's in medical humanities!!

Reactions: 22 users
I think that’s why it’s funny.
I knew that, but knowing that this is SDN, full of neurotic premeds ... I had doubts that certain people would actually know the email was just spam mail sent to everyone

I knew that, but knowing that this is SDN, full of neurotic premeds ... I had doubts that certain people would actually know the email was just spam mail sent to everyone
lmfaoo i actually never got this so

Just got invited for an interview. Can anyone tell me what the "small group discussion" was like? I have a pathological fear of group interviews.

I also don't know much about Rochester. Is anyone willing to share what they like / dislike about the school and location?

Last edited:
Just got invited for an interview. Can anyone tell me what the "small group discussion" was like? I have a pathological fear of group interviews.

I also don't know much about Rochester. Is anyone willing to share what they like / dislike about the school and location?

It is nothing to fear. It is a pretty quick discussion with your fellow interviewees and an interviewer (the dean in my case). I suspect it is just to see how you work in a group. Do not worry about having profound, new thoughts, but instead focus on how your team can work together to come to a consensus after a discussion. Sorry I cannot be more specific!

1. Somewhat isolated from the City of Rochester. This can be a positive (less crime) or a negative (smaller area).

2. I have heard that some of the bridges near the campus that connect to various communities can be questionable at night (muggings, etc. have occurred)

3. The snowfall can be a positive or negative, but I've heard that it is pretty well maintained. The area where many students live is very close to URMC, which itself is almost entirely under one roof.

Did any of my fellow waitlisters get some kind of confirmation email after telling them you wanted to stay on the list?

Nice! When were you complete?

Accepted Oct 20. Interviewed Sept 22. Recently withdrew my application. Good luck all!

Morning folks. Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet for accepted students?

Would you mind telling me how long it was after you sent the ITA email to them replying back to you with this? Thank you!! And congrats on your II!!

Withdrawing my II - hope it goes to someone here!

Would you mind telling me how long it was after you sent the ITA email to them replying back to you with this? Thank you!! And congrats on your II!!

Thanks! They acknowledged receipt of my email the same day and sent the II 5 days later. Didn't end up being able to schedule the interview when I was in town, but maybe it did prod them to review my application a bit faster? Or something? Who knows... :)

Thanks! They acknowledged receipt of my email the same day and sent the II 5 days later. Didn't end up being able to schedule the interview when I was in town, but maybe it did prod them to review my application a bit faster? Or something? Who knows... :)

Thanks for the response!! Did you send it to the mdadmish email address?

Last edited:
Rejected today :) glad I spent $100 to fill out their secondary with information they could have gotten from AMCAS

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Rejected today pre-II. Complete 9/27. LM 75. OOS.

II here today. Complete end of Sept, IS, Lizzy m around 76. Dates available from beginning to end of Feb

Looks like they're doing rejection in order of MCAT scores from the top and going down. I'm expecting the R soon, lol.