2018-2019 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an interview. Really thought my interviews were over

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my app!! Good luck to you all :)

Edit: Should open up an interview spot next Wednesday

Anyone never get confirmation on updates that we email in? I've sent two, and no response either time. Earlier in the thread it seemed some people did and some people didn't, but I'm just curious if it's still not unusual for them not to reply.

Anyone never get confirmation on updates that we email in? I've sent two, and no response either time. Earlier in the thread it seemed some people did and some people didn't, but I'm just curious if it's still not unusual for them not to reply.
I have gotten confirmation for all of my updates I think

Reactions: 1 user
Same here. Sent them one update back in October and never got a confirmation. Was thinking of sending them another one but not sure if it’s too late in the cycle now since they might be already wrapping up with interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
I got a confirmation on an update two days after I had sent it last week, I’d call them if you didn’t get one in the past.

Yes, I checked with them. Just to put anyone's mind at ease, they do add them to your file without an email confirmation. However, it can take more than a few days for them to add it.

In my portal under app status mine still says, "Your application is ready!"
Does this mean that my application has not even been read yet because it doesn't say under review?? I have been complete since the beginning of October. Someone please advise :(

In my portal under app status mine still says, "Your application is ready!"
Does this mean that my application has not even been read yet because it doesn't say under review?? I have been complete since the beginning of October. Someone please advise :(
dude, I've been complete in July and my portal still says that

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
dude, I've been complete in July and my portal still says that

LOL what even is this process????!!!

I spoke to an admission officer back in the fall and she told me that they review through December and to not be alarmed if we don’t hear back until December. But now I’m extremely alarmed especially since it’s past December and she said they only review through December??!

Shoot are they done sending invites?

Not certain if they are done sending out IIs, but I do know they had many interview dates after 2/15 when I was given my II back in December. So there might still be a chance, esp. as some people might withdraw from interviews!

I recently received confirmation that an update I had submitted had been received. In it, it said review is ongoing so they’re definitely still reviewing!

I recently received confirmation that an update I had submitted had been received. In it, it said review is ongoing so they’re definitely still reviewing!
Same! Was so happy to see a sign of life haha

LOL what even is this process????!!!

I spoke to an admission officer back in the fall and she told me that they review through December and to not be alarmed if we don’t hear back until December. But now I’m extremely alarmed especially since it’s past December and she said they only review through December??!
I called in late nov or early dec and was told that they are reviewing through January. So I think that’s probably why

For people who interviewed this month/when it snowed, do you recommend bringing snow boots to the interview for the tour? Will we be outside a lot?

For people who interviewed this month/when it snowed, do you recommend bringing snow boots to the interview for the tour? Will we be outside a lot?

+1 I came to this thread to ask the same question. I have both with me but don’t know what I should show up with.

+1 I came to this thread to ask the same question. I have both with me but don’t know what I should show up with.
Granted, I interviewed in September, but from what I recall almost everything was inside. All the hospitals, lecture halls, etc. are connected to the med school through hallways.

Granted, I interviewed in September, but from what I recall almost everything was inside. All the hospitals, lecture halls, etc. are connected to the med school through hallways.

Ok cool, thanks! I’ll go with the dress shoes

Anyone else who interviewed in late November haven't heard back yet?

Just withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!

Anyone still in the game just get the Masters in Medical Humanities e-mail?

How long is the group discussion? I interview here tomorrow and was just curious

Anyone else who interviewed in late November haven't heard back yet?
I also interviewed late November, haven't heard back yet. I was under the impression that they dont do silent rejections / wait list. I thought they would just tell you their decision in 6-8 weeks.

This may mean that I am in the wait list pile and they just haven't gotten around to sending out the email?

II today OOS LM 71

So you're saying... there's a chance ;)
Yes I was complete in early july! haha. Just sent an update. I feel like we as applicants just don't know how they review applications in terms of order... Could be a number of factors!

Hi I’m interviewing here tomorrow but arrived to Rochester four hours ago and am feeling SO LONELY and cold. Just wanted to say hi oof

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone heard anything in last couple days... I still haven't gotten an interview or a rejection...

Someone called the admissions office and they sent they review apps through January, so yeah...

I had very recently got an interview -- could still happen!

has anyone heard any acceptance/waitlist news this month?

I don’t post too often but since you asked, I received an acceptance call on 1/29. Interviewed mid-December. Hope this post doesn’t increase anxiety levels and best of luck to everyone!

I don’t post too often but since you asked, I received an acceptance call on 1/29. Interviewed mid-December. Hope this post doesn’t increase anxiety levels and best of luck to everyone!
time to go die now. like honestly it’s been 9 weeks and counting at this point and if i dont hear back within the next week im calling them being like “what’s good?? pls let me in i rly want to go to med school”

Just did my interview today! Awesome people, very welcoming. Interviews themselves very open-ended and conversational. Good luck to you all!